zen

The Biryani Test | Ind vs WI | Hy'bad | Oct 12, 2018

22 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

You did not reply to my points at all. Do you even know those players name? Zimbabwe was a pretty decent team. And no player sits out against every minnow game, the amount of cricket those guys played was so less, Sachin used to play 5-7 tests in a year in his prime, rest concept wasnt even there. Even then in later stages Sachin rested against minnows like WI when he was not needed

Indeed they had some good players henery olonga ( gave a pretty tough time your god Sachin   :phehe:), Alastair Campbell, flower brothers And that all rounder Neil jonshon at that time I thought he will have a great future but he just disappeared:((.my point is people like you suggesting virat should have played only against strong teams but your god Sachin has also a fair share of scoring against minnos

7 minutes ago, VT87 said:

Indeed they had some good players henery olonga ( gave a pretty tough time your god Sachin   :phehe:), Alastair Campbell, flower brothers And that all rounder Neil jonshon at that time I thought he will have a great future but he just disappeared:((.my point is people like you suggesting virat should have played only against strong teams but your god Sachin has also a fair share of scoring against minnos

Yes because people have the common sense to know that players play a ton of matches more now which gives them option to rest whereas in sachin time they hardly played any tests. But if you are just trolling go ahead

5 minutes ago, beetle said:

Poor guy got a new haircut and hair colour ......but no support from leg.

I hope Windies smash this team and teach these idiots a lesson. Of course i might be expecting too much since the 4-1 humiliation in England seemed to have lil effect on the Holy trinity of kohli/shastri/MSK

3 hours ago, SrinjayDutta said:

He should get a look in then. Maybe the wi odis?

We should not mix formats.

Siraj is great in 4 day / 5 day games ...  and often terrible in the shorter formats.

Md. Siraj  is a 6'1" pacer who gets some bounce and whose pace varies between genuine fast  and   fast-medium.  Gets zip off the deck and can move the ball both ways.  He has a  FC average of 18.9.  And he is in the form of his life, having picked 40 wickets from 5 Unofficial Tests, both home and away,  against 4 different opponents.

A test series at home was the ideal time to introduce such a youngster.

Shardul Thakur  is a 5' 9"  pacer who lacks natural bounce and his pace varies between medium-fast  and  fast-medium.  He has a FC average of 28 and his recent form is indifferent.  Looks innocuous more often than not.

He has been part of most test squads selected since 2016.  But makes his test debut in 2018.  This fact, by itself, shows that the team management does not have much confidence in him and he is a quota pick.

Guys olif Nair does not get a game its wrong.

If Trandul gets a game its wrong.

lets be consistent. If he gets a game in spin conditions and sucks then its better than he getting a game in Eng or SA and ends up with decent performance sticking around for a few years.

the proceedings as of now in this test shows exactly as to what a lot of  ordinary fans including myself  have been thinking. Already 1-0 up, play 3 spinners + 1 seamer only(Siraj) & play Vihari (can send down a few overs  and pick odd wkt too) . But the moron Shastri &  egoish Kohli are so dumb that  they lacks the common sense of even ordinary fans.  

2 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Man wstching spinners is so freaking boring.

I only like them bowling when Sehwag used to bat. Fk this shyt.

Sehwag knew how to treat spinners. What kind of contortionist un atheletic division it is...walk in like you were running for an urgent bio break and throw a stone at a dog..only you are bowling in an international match as an international athelete..* the spinners man.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Nair has a triple century in tests.   A very rare achievement.  All the disappointment is due to that.

Well yeah i give you that. Trundul really sucks.. An other midget like rahane..wtf is wrong with Maharashtra only maha in the name *ing midgets dont they eat right ? Frustrating. Injured after so few deliveries..lol

51 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Sehwag knew how to treat spinners. What kind of contortionist un atheletic division it is...walk in like you were running for an urgent bio break and throw a stone at a dog..only you are bowling in an international match as an international athelete..* the spinners man.

Sehwag also threw his wicket away mostly to the spinners. Although in my opinion, his best innings was the double in srilanka where nobody else could bat. He really went overboard with spinners, if such a thing exists for sehwag.

Sad day for Ind cricket -> a trundler selected over a quick and talented bowler :((

which is is why I was advocating a no trundler policy as in places like subcon, Africa, etc,. you have to be harsh to drive positive changes that can be benefiticial esp. in the long term 

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

Well yeah i give you that. Trundul really sucks.. An other midget like rahane..wtf is wrong with Maharashtra only maha in the name *ing midgets dont they eat right ? Frustrating. Injured after so few deliveries..lol

He used to be fine. Ever since he started wearing dirty yellow, he started inheriting those weak qualities :((

Edited by Laaloo

5 hours ago, Vilander said:

Do you expect giants when the staple food is vada pav and bhel puri?

The biggest problem here is unlike other teams, Indian captain and coach does not have a direct voting option during selection. Selectors choose the 15, then if the captain does not like some players, they are excluded repeatedly to show dissent towards selection committee. The committee itself has some bogus ex players. But now we are stuck with a 15, whom should get a first look, the guy who has played a few more of odis and t20s or Siraj?. Siraj got hammered for 50 odd in his 1st/2nd t20 (don't remember) with so much competition,  he has only himself to blame.
see when your yardstick for selection in test cricket is couple of performances in T20s

I rest my case [emoji850]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

see when your yardstick for selection in test cricket is couple of performances in T20s

I rest my case [emoji850]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

No no, it is not my yardstick. The Indian selectors are thinking in this way, unfortunately Siraj has to walk that thin line. Prove himself in whatever chance he gets. I agree this creates a lot of pressure.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk