The Biryani Test | Ind vs WI | Hy'bad | Oct 12, 2018

zen

I just want to know did Siraj bowl brilliantly in any of the A tours outside India? Or good domestic series? He had a terrible t20 debut. Sometimes one can overhype about a debutant. Indian seamers historically never bowled great in Aus. Whatever good performances were, they were mainly from batsmen. Also, team management probably expects shardul to show consistency with the bat. Ind have too many 11s at the moment.

Edited by SrinjayDutta
1 minute ago, DHONI_FANN said:

Trundul Thakur making test debut. Bas yahi din dekhna baaki reh gaya tha. I hope he gets smashed to all parts of the park. I wont mind even if we lose but this should be the first and last test match for thakur

Whatever he perfoms or not it's desn't matter but surly he need to play ahead of Siraj  bcz he drafted in team so long ago but does not get a game ,that's unfare with him if he doesn't play and dropped for next series .

Zaheer khan had some terrible years at the beginning, also Nehra. Bowlers also need to get some consistent chances. Test cricket is a different format and we should give a debutant a chance to prove himself before criticising. Also, ind must select bowlers now on with some batting ability. That also gives middle order batsman some confidence. It is Rahane's fault he could not finish the 4th test for us but also he did not have much back up in the batting line up after 6 down except an inconsistent Ashwin.

11 minutes ago, SrinjayDutta said:

I just want to know did Siraj bowl brilliantly in any of the A tours outside India? Or good domestic series? He had a terrible t20 debut. Sometimes one can overhype about a debutant. Indian seamers historically never bowled great in Aus. Whatever good performances were, they were mainly from batsmen. Also, team management probably expects shardul to show consistency with the bat. Ind have too many 11s at the moment.

which cave you were living in?

1 minute ago, DHONI_FANN said:

He shouldn't have been in the squad at all. This is the nepotism we are talking about. 

The biggest problem here is unlike other teams, Indian captain and coach does not have a direct voting option during selection. Selectors choose the 15, then if the captain does not like some players, they are excluded repeatedly to show dissent towards selection committee. The committee itself has some bogus ex players. But now we are stuck with a 15, whom should get a first look, the guy who has played a few more of odis and t20s or Siraj?. Siraj got hammered for 50 odd in his 1st/2nd t20 (don't remember) with so much competition,  he has only himself to blame.