zen

The Biryani Test | Ind vs WI | Hy'bad | Oct 12, 2018

From the plains of Western India, the two team travel to the South to the city of Charminar and Biryani. Rajkot’s food was too hot to handle for the WI, will the Hyderabadi Biryani prove to be too hot as well? 

Good news for WI is that Roach and Holder will return, presenting a relatively strong attack of Gabriel-Roach-Holder to Ind. For India, we could see Siraj and one of Agarwal and Vihari (if not both) getting a game. 

As for personal milestones:

• Pujara needs 105 runs to reach 5K test runs. Hyderabad has been a happy hunting ground for him 

As for challenges:

• Rahul needs to show consistency. Now he is the senior opener in the squad 
  • With an avg of only 28 in the last two years, Rahane needs to pull up his socks. The new batsmen in the lower order come under pressure because of Rahane’s failures 
  • Umesh Yadav, tends to bowl w/o steam on occasions. India tends to rotate its bowlers so would it be Umesh’s turn to sit out? 

Pitch expectations:

Historically:

Most runs
Player Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s
CA Pujara (INDIA) 2012-2017 3 4 1 500 204 166.66 882 56.68 2 2 0 64 3
V Kohli (INDIA) 2012-2017 3 4 0 334 204 83.50 485 68.86 1 1 0 37

Most wickets
Player Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10
R Ashwin (INDIA) 2012-2017 3 6 145.4 49 360 24 6/31 12/85 15.00 2.47 36.4 3 1
RA Jadeja (INDIA) 2013-2017 2 4 104.0 35 214 12 4/78 6/66 17.83 2.05 52.0 0 0

• Expect spinners to get assistance
  • Hope that quick bowlers come in to play as well 

Anticipated 11:

• Shaw 
  • Agarwal / Rahul
  • Pujara
  • Kohli
  • Vihari / Rahul / Rahane
  • Pant
  • Jadeja
  • Ashwin
  • Kuldeep / Umesh 
  • Shami / Umesh 
  • Siraj 

For updates, please check cricinfo, etc. 

BOL to both the teams .... Win or Draw or Lose, one thing is certain that both the teams will try their hands at the delicious Biryani, which also makes this a test of Biryani! 

Edited by zen

22 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Siraj deserved a game ahead of Umesh.ODI not Siraj's format, where I think he ll get a look in

thats the issue they dnt give chances to new player in such games

n cme tough tours ull hve to throw guys like pant in middle of eng test tour

kaul , chahar, thakur have to take the role as main bowlers in ENG ODI

the biggest failure of this team mngmt is that backups arent prep

thats the issue they dnt give chances to new player in such games
n cme tough tours ull hve to throw guys like pant in middle of eng test tour
kaul , chahar, thakur have to take the role as main bowlers in ENG ODI

the biggest failure of this team mngmt is that backups arent prep
Siraj should find a good Sugar daddy who can pimp for him to Kohli/Rohit

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

fools leading team management..I have had enough of these low iq

This seems to be the biggest problem.  Lack of thinking ability, foresight and planning.

This is leading to inability to identify the types of players required and locking the door only after the horse has bolted.

What if Bumrah and Ishant are unable to play in Australia  ?  Would a bowling attack of Shami, Umesh, Bhuvi / Shardul look anywhere near as potent as Bumrah, Ishant, Shami  !   Siraj could have provided the wicket taking edge.  

Moreover ... Kohli lacks the minimum ruthlessnes needed of a captain.  Any team changes are made only after disasters.

Edited by express bowling

This seems to be the biggest problem.  Lack of thinking ability, foresight and planning.

This is leading to inability to identify the types of players required and locking the door only after the horse has bolted.

What if Bumrah and Ishant are unable to play in Australia  ?  Would a bowling attack of Shami, Umesh, Bhuvi / Shardul look anywhere near as potent as Bumrah, Ishant, Shami  !   Siraj could have provided the wicket taking edge.  

Moreover ... Kohli lacks the minimum ruthlessnes needed of a captain.  Any team changes are made only after disasters.
He's ruthless about people he dislikes.

That is not ruthlessness.   

Ruthlessness is the ability to remove people you don't dislike ...  if it is good for the performance of the team.
He's too much of an idiot politician to do that.
See what can of worms got opened when he Dropped Mr. Rohit ritika sajdeh from Test Squad.

5 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

See what can of worms got opened when he Dropped Mr. Rohit ritika sajdeh from Test Squad.

That " can "  was waiting to be opened anyway.  Every prominent player wants to be the captain of India ... Rohit has the CV too, being the winning captain of a big IPL franchise.

Kohli's immature captaincy, strange team selections, inability to identify proper talent,  tactical ineptitude, changing field positions after every ball etc.  are the main reasons why his captaincy was being questioned by most people.  

The twin losses in SA and England made those questions louder.

If not Rohit, it would have been someone else trying to step in.

The only way to thwart this is to identify proper talent, introduce them ruthlessly and deliver results in big tournaments / series.  But Kohli is allowing mediocre players to come in and harming his captaincy longevity instead.

If a captain is not a great tactician then he must get in a lot of high quality talent.  Only the great tacticians and great mentors can get mediocre players to perform ... and Kohli is not one of them.

Edited by express bowling

That can was waiting to be opened anyway.  Every prominent player wants to be the captain of India ... Rohit has the CV too, being the winning captain of a big IPL franchise.

Kohli's immature captaincy, strange team selections, inability to identify proper talent,  tactical ineptitude, changing field positions after every ball etc.  are the main reasons why his captaincy was being questioned by most people.  

The twin losses in SA and England made those questions louder.

If not Rohit, it would have been someone else trying to step in.

The only way to thwart this is to identify proper talent, introduce them ruthlessly and deliver results in big tournaments / series.  But Kohli is allowing mediocre players to come in and harming his captaincy longevity instead.
It's a Schrodinger's cat situation.
Regardless what happens, he would've lost captaincy - despite his aptitude.
Just the way Kohli helped Manohar faction to remove Dhoni and get the captaincy for herself, the Ambani Backed Rohit too would've wanted the captaincy at one point of time.

And no - all these ruthlessness would've cost him like what Happened to Dada.
Uparse Kohli is a legit idiot and

16 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

It's a Schrodinger's cat situation.
Regardless what happens, he would've lost captaincy - despite his aptitude.
Just the way Kohli helped Manohar faction to remove Dhoni and get the captaincy for herself, the Ambani Backed Rohit too would've wanted the captaincy at one point of time.

And no - all these ruthlessness would've cost him like what Happened to Dada.
Uparse Kohli is a legit idiot and

No captain has ever lost captaincy when his team has performed in big series / big tournaments.  No matter what the background power scenario is.

Both Dada and Dhoni's performances had dipped as captains before they were replaced.

Kohli is still the captain ...  and if he manages to win in Australia and the WC 2019 ... he will remain.

If he loses ...  only then will the backing scenario come in , that is, only the heavily backed captains and players manage to stay despite mediocre performances.

3 hours ago, Lannister said:

Again no Siraj? Do these guys even want us to support the Test team? 

I really don't think they give a damn.  And there will always be suckers like me who, no matter what, will tune in to Willow TV at unearthly hours to watch this team play.  

Why would you not continue with the same team? People have been arguing about continuity, giving a player a number of games to settle and prove himself etc. Now they are doing that and getting criticized for not making changes after only one test.

10 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

I really don't think they give a damn.  And there will always be suckers like me who, no matter what, will tune in to Willow TV at unearthly hours to watch this team play.  

Don't you get bored of watching the same set of players? I have yet to watch in this series and I don't think I am going to watch it, may follow scores online and that's it. 

20 minutes ago, kirkutfan said:

Why would you not continue with the same team? People have been arguing about continuity, giving a player a number of games to settle and prove himself etc. Now they are doing that and getting criticized for not making changes after only one test.

Nothing against not continuing the same team if it is the best possible 11 .... Here at least Siraj, who is in form, could have played :dontknow:

19 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Don't you get bored of watching the same set of players? I have yet to watch in this series and I don't think I am going to watch it, may follow scores online and that's it. 

Like I said, I am a gullible sucker for cricket.  Having lived through the early '90s in the US with no access to Indian cricket coverage, I lap it up like a thirsty puppy.  After all the guys who are playing are also part of the Indian cricket team.

2 minutes ago, zen said:

Nothing against not continuing the same team if it is the best possible 11 .... Here at least Siraj, who is in form, could have played :dontknow:

More Chance of ziva getting his debut in Ranchi than Siraj ,Saini getting theirs

So its all gloomy for them

#NoCountry ForYoungMen

They too should jump on to the MeToo campaign and allege Dhongi and shastri for molesting them..only way we and these poor guys can get rid of them for now

Who carez jab wo aropo se bari honge sala

33 minutes ago, kirkutfan said:

For how long?  Plus, the same team concept is contingent upon having the right team in the first place.  Not all leashes have to be the same length, and at some point, it must be yanked.  

3 hours ago, zen said:

We are talking about 2 consecutive tests. In essence we have 2 new openers. Not time for inserting Mayank Agarwal just yet. If we were going to do that, then he should have gone in instead of Shaw for the first test. Siraj-I get the emotion of having him start in Hyderabad. However, it isn’t a slam dunk choice. Arguably Shami and Umesh are still ahead in the pecking order. All I am saying is that the selectors made reasonable decisions. It’s us fans who vary too much. ☺️ Sometimes we want stability and other times we want to get the new guy in now. 

3 hours ago, Brainfade said:

For how long?  Plus, the same team concept is contingent upon having the right team in the first place.  Not all leashes have to be the same length, and at some point, it must be yanked.  

We are just talking two tests. We have a new opening bat combo, a pretty green wicket keeper, a new 3rd spinner, a different pace combo from England....it’s not like these are a bunch of 80 year olds who won’t quit

7 hours ago, UnknownGenius said:

You are out here blaming the wrong person. Blame the person who appointed Shastri which is bambi mafia lobby aka Tendulkar. That is the rot cause of the problem. No Tendy intervention would mean no Shastri which would mena no Kohli coddling and no shastri-kohli duo doing whatever they want

Tendulkar insisted that captain should get his choice at all costs.This was because when he was captain he didnt get that ..and was saddled by kapil dev and madan lal.Unfortunately he also had a good relationship with shastri and so does kohli.

I just want to know did Siraj bowl brilliantly in any of the A tours outside India? Or good domestic series? He had a terrible t20 debut. Sometimes one can overhype about a debutant. Indian seamers historically never bowled great in Aus. Whatever good performances were, they were mainly from batsmen. Also, team management probably expects shardul to show consistency with the bat. Ind have too many 11s at the moment.

Edited by SrinjayDutta

1 minute ago, DHONI_FANN said:

Trundul Thakur making test debut. Bas yahi din dekhna baaki reh gaya tha. I hope he gets smashed to all parts of the park. I wont mind even if we lose but this should be the first and last test match for thakur

Whatever he perfoms or not it's desn't matter but surly he need to play ahead of Siraj  bcz he drafted in team so long ago but does not get a game ,that's unfare with him if he doesn't play and dropped for next series .

Zaheer khan had some terrible years at the beginning, also Nehra. Bowlers also need to get some consistent chances. Test cricket is a different format and we should give a debutant a chance to prove himself before criticising. Also, ind must select bowlers now on with some batting ability. That also gives middle order batsman some confidence. It is Rahane's fault he could not finish the 4th test for us but also he did not have much back up in the batting line up after 6 down except an inconsistent Ashwin.