Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Singh bling

To get Rafale contract, Dassault had to choose Reliance Defence: French Media

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Again same rant. Bhai Dassault has 72 offset partners in India that will work with them at different steps and reliance is just one of them and reliance wont be involved in making Rafale.  

Question is not whether Reliance will make Rafael or not, question is did Indian Govt UPA or NDA lobbied for reliance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

btw the SC wants to know how the govt selected Rafale.

 

The IAF wanted additional mirages in 2001, the requirement evolved into a major competition and an aircraft was finally selected in 2012 after years of analysis and negotiations. We then found it expensive and then ordered a few (36 instead of 126/200), which are yet to arrive. Now the court is curious, Ram kaun tha bhaiya.

 

I'm surprised given the state of things that we have an actual air Force with aircraft & squadrons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

who lobbied for the 71 other companies?

Reliance , Dassault deal is worth 20k ,30k crore .do other companies also get this type of huge contract?

 

Don't you find it strange that ruined businessman who  lost much of his inherited fortune , is in huge debt and has no experience in defence got such big contract from such big company.Dassault must be stupid to choose such company

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

who lobbied for the 71 other companies?

Yaaar, there are just two private brands who can be considered as serious partner to a defense company. Tata or Reliance.

 I think American choose Tata while French choose reliance. Baaki retarded discussion by congressman and media anchors can go on and on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Reliance , Dassault deal is worth 20k ,30k crore .do other companies also get this type of huge contract?

 

Don't you find it strange that ruined businessman who  lost much of his inherited fortune , is in huge debt and has no experience in defence got such big contract from such big company.Dassault must be stupid to choose such company

Which private Company in India has? Which business is not in huge debt. Size of debt is directly proportional to size of enterprize

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mishra said:

Yaaar, there are just two private brands who can be considered as serious partner to a defense company. Tata or Reliance.

 I think American choose Tata while French choose reliance. Baaki retarded discussion by congressman and media anchors can go on and on

Real Reliance is different from this pappu's Reliance who is yet to succeed in single business

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mishra said:

Which private Company in India has? Which business is not in huge debt. Size of debt is directly proportional to size of enterprize

There is difference between a company that has debt and a ruined company who is facing several court cases and can't even repay its loan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 12:08 PM, Singh bling said:

There is difference between a company that has debt and a ruined company who is facing several court cases and can't even repay its loan.

Which auditor says that reliance is bankrupt?

Edited by mishra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Reliance , Dassault deal is worth 20k ,30k crore .do other companies also get this type of huge contract?

 

Don't you find it strange that ruined businessman who  lost much of his inherited fortune , is in huge debt and has no experience in defence got such big contract from such big company.Dassault must be stupid to choose such company

how many big business can carry out such big ventures in India? Regarding experience, Reliance bought Pipavav Defence in 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

how many big business can carry out such big ventures in India? Regarding experience, Reliance bought Pipavav Defence in 2015.

Mediapart quotes a presentation made by Dassault’s deputy chief executive officer Loik Segalen to the company’s staff representatives in Nagpur in May 2017 where he describes the Reliance partnership as “imperative and mandatory” to get the Rafale export contract to India.

The two key paragraphs from the Mediapart story are reproduced below, both in French and translated English.

“C’était une vraie fausse inauguration. Une « première pierre » symbolique posée sur du gazon prédécoupé, sous un chapiteau de circonstance, à Nagpur (centre de l’Inde), mais qui annonçait le début de la construction de la « future usine » Dassault-Reliance. Selon un document interne à Dassault obtenu par Mediapart, un haut cadre du groupe d’aviation avait expliqué aux représentants du personnel que la joint-venture était une « contrepartie », « impérative et obligatoire » pour décrocher le marché du Rafale.”

“It was truly a false inauguration. A symbolic ‘first stone’ was placed on pre-cut turf, under a [tent/capital] of circumstance, in Nagpur (central India), but it announced the beginning of construction of the ‘future factory’ of Dassault-Reliance. According to an internal Dassault documentobtained by Mediapart, a senior executive of the aviation group had explained to the staff representatives that the joint venture was a “trade-off” , “imperative and mandatory”to [obtain/take off] the market for Rafale.” [Emphasis added by The Wire].

The second paragraph, shown below, quotes the presentation made by Segalen.

Chez Dassault Aviation, selon un document obtenu par Mediapart, l’alliance avec Ambani a effectivement été présentée comme une « contrepartie » du contrat de vente des Rafale. Le directeur général délégué de Dassault Aviation, Loïk Segalen, l’a dit clairement le 11 mai 2017 lors d’une présentation de la joint-venture « Dassault Reliance Aerospace » de Nagpur aux élus du personnel : « Il était impératif et obligatoire pour Dassault Aviation, d’accepter cette contrepartie, afin d’obtenir le contrat export Rafale Inde », a déclaré le no 2 du groupe, selon un compte-rendu établi par les élus du person

At Dassault Aviation, according to a document obtained by Mediapart, the alliance with Ambani was indeed presented as a ‘trade-off’ for the Rafale contract of sales. Dassault Aviation’s deputy chief executive officer  Loïk Segalen said this clearly on May 11, 2017 during a presentation of the joint venture ‘Dassault Reliance Aerospace’ to staff representatives: “It is imperative and obligatory for Dassault Aviation to accept this [trade-off/counterpart] to obtain the export contract (for?) Rafale India,” declared the number 2 of the group, according to a report prepared by staff personnel.

https://thewire.in/government/internal-dassault-document-says-partnering-reliance-was-mandatory-for-rafale-deal-french-news-report

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In an ideal world ( eg, the US when it comes to defence contracts), this would be government favoritism and meddling. If this was the US, the Government would go ' hey we need new aircrafts - make a tech demonstrator, fly it around for the USAF and if they like it, you get trillions) - with Boeing, McDonell-Douglas, Lockheed Martin all falling over themselves to do exactly that. 

But this is not the ideal world. India is trying to develop ITS OWN aerospace industry. It wants local boys to learn from foreign boys and make their own stuff. So, how is the government SUPPOSED to do that, over top secret, sensetive technologies, etc. without specifically managing which company gets what contract to GROW the industry at home ?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yamima Shaheen said:

No wonder Modi is trying to divert attention by instigating violence in Kashmir & LOC and talking about fake surgical strikes like previous one. Talks against Pakistan sells like hot potato in India.

it should. they sponsor terrorism in Kashmir and have started 3 wars they've lost. Pakistan is lucky that Indian culture is soft enough for it to survive. If their neighbor were USA mentality people, Pakistan would be a few dismembered principalities by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

In an ideal world ( eg, the US when it comes to defence contracts), this would be government favoritism and meddling. If this was the US, the Government would go ' hey we need new aircrafts - make a tech demonstrator, fly it around for the USAF and if they like it, you get trillions) - with Boeing, McDonell-Douglas, Lockheed Martin all falling over themselves to do exactly that. 

But this is not the ideal world. India is trying to develop ITS OWN aerospace industry. It wants local boys to learn from foreign boys and make their own stuff. So, how is the government SUPPOSED to do that, over top secret, sensetive technologies, etc. without specifically managing which company gets what contract to GROW the industry at home ?!

ditto. Tata got contract from Boeing for Apache.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Mediapart quotes a presentation made by Dassault’s deputy chief executive officer Loik Segalen to the company’s staff representatives in Nagpur in May 2017 where he describes the Reliance partnership as “imperative and mandatory” to get the Rafale export contract to India.

The two key paragraphs from the Mediapart story are reproduced below, both in French and translated English.

“C’était une vraie fausse inauguration. Une « première pierre » symbolique posée sur du gazon prédécoupé, sous un chapiteau de circonstance, à Nagpur (centre de l’Inde), mais qui annonçait le début de la construction de la « future usine » Dassault-Reliance. Selon un document interne à Dassault obtenu par Mediapart, un haut cadre du groupe d’aviation avait expliqué aux représentants du personnel que la joint-venture était une « contrepartie », « impérative et obligatoire » pour décrocher le marché du Rafale.”

“It was truly a false inauguration. A symbolic ‘first stone’ was placed on pre-cut turf, under a [tent/capital] of circumstance, in Nagpur (central India), but it announced the beginning of construction of the ‘future factory’ of Dassault-Reliance. According to an internal Dassault documentobtained by Mediapart, a senior executive of the aviation group had explained to the staff representatives that the joint venture was a “trade-off” , “imperative and mandatory”to [obtain/take off] the market for Rafale.” [Emphasis added by The Wire].

The second paragraph, shown below, quotes the presentation made by Segalen.

Chez Dassault Aviation, selon un document obtenu par Mediapart, l’alliance avec Ambani a effectivement été présentée comme une « contrepartie » du contrat de vente des Rafale. Le directeur général délégué de Dassault Aviation, Loïk Segalen, l’a dit clairement le 11 mai 2017 lors d’une présentation de la joint-venture « Dassault Reliance Aerospace » de Nagpur aux élus du personnel : « Il était impératif et obligatoire pour Dassault Aviation, d’accepter cette contrepartie, afin d’obtenir le contrat export Rafale Inde », a déclaré le no 2 du groupe, selon un compte-rendu établi par les élus du person

At Dassault Aviation, according to a document obtained by Mediapart, the alliance with Ambani was indeed presented as a ‘trade-off’ for the Rafale contract of sales. Dassault Aviation’s deputy chief executive officer  Loïk Segalen said this clearly on May 11, 2017 during a presentation of the joint venture ‘Dassault Reliance Aerospace’ to staff representatives: “It is imperative and obligatory for Dassault Aviation to accept this [trade-off/counterpart] to obtain the export contract (for?) Rafale India,” declared the number 2 of the group, according to a report prepared by staff personnel.

https://thewire.in/government/internal-dassault-document-says-partnering-reliance-was-mandatory-for-rafale-deal-french-news-report

read how mulo explained it above.  Govt has to meddle and decide which company gets these contracts as have almost 0 expertise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 4:11 PM, mishra said:

Which private Company in India has? Which business is not in huge debt. Size of debt is directly proportional to size of enterprize

Hindalco had no debt till last year iirc, HUL is debt free.Infosys has 0 debt. ITC, Zee Entertainment, Pidilite, WABCO India, Asian Paints, There are many more, it's just that people are not aware of many debt free companies in India. Also, there are lots of pvt companies with a very negligible debt. TCS has just 220 CR debt given its vast resources.

 

 

Edited by Straight Drive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Hindalco had no debt till last year iirc, HUL is debt free.Infosys has 0 debt. ITC, Zee Entertainment, Pidilite, WABCO India, Asian Paints, There are many more, it's just that people are not aware of many debt free companies in India. Also, there are lots of pvt companies with a very negligible debt. TCS has just 220 CR debt given its vast resources.

 

 

I am aware that service industry is allmost debt free? Surprised about other names. Loan and debt is very important when it comes to growth and ofsetting the tax

Edited by mishra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dial_100 said:

anti-nationals are delaying an important defense procurement.

They will delay, Hopefully if they win election, Order a review. Get a kick back and then declare that after review the deal is clean.

But it all depend on them forming next government. If they loose the election , They will shut it forever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 10:55 AM, mishra said:

They will delay, Hopefully if they win election, Order a review. Get a kick back and then declare that after review the deal is clean.

But it all depend on them forming next government. If they loose the election , They will shut it forever

Job done, SC , media Raga all lied or withheld info or did not speak.

Indian people are so corrupt that they don’t believe that someone can be honest. Impact of 70 year Family Raj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 2:06 AM, mishra said:

I think this Rafale crap was intentionally given to RaGa by some Congressman to proove how poor RaGa can be.

BJP and all kept mym just so that RaGa can be put to his place. This guy is plain simple silly

what about all the sikular gang? How could they be so stupid. The whole world knows Modi is incorruptible. You could accuse him of few things but corruption? These RaGa supporters are outright BJP haters and Modi haters thats it. 

 

Realistically speaking this govt has achieved so much and can do far more in next 5 years. Most of these parties and their supporters will be finished if BJP comes back to power and this is just out of frustration and nothing else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×