IPL: The Great auction thread

Feed

Jaipur has been the smartest. They have 2 match winners in G. Smith and Warne. They also have Younis Khan and Kamran Akmal who will be good role players for them. if they can grab both the Husseys' date=' Pollock, Ishant and also one hard hitting opening batsman (maybe Gambhir) they are well set.[/quote'] believe me Warne will prove to be liability , by the way who is leading Jaipur team

believe me Warne will prove to be liability ' date=' by the way who is leading Jaipur team[/quote'] I think Warne will be at least as good as HS. But, if they have to compete as also set tickets they need Pollock, Ishant, Gambhir and the Husseys and they have the money for that.

Guest HariSampath

We already have the 4 top International players that we can play in the 11, so we will be looking at some very good Indian bowling allrounders..Irfan/RP, we are sure to get one *pray*....and maybe one or two more Int'l players. Possibly Polly, Bond or maybe Andre Nel, Ntini or someone. We are definitely getting a big, good fast bowling buy and also a very good bowling allrounder buy, we have enough money left for this. One additional thing is, remember all teams have to do their minimum of 4 players in U-22 and 4 local players. As Chennai is very good locally in T20 ( we won both national T20 and also ICL T20, plus ICL 50), the limited overs talent base in these parts is tremendous, Chennai is epicenter at the junior level limited overs teams. We may probably play Anirudh Srikkanth who is 20 and did extremely well in national T20 championships and some of the others too from that T20 team. We also will use Badrinath in middle order.

Guest HariSampath

Bangalore are certainly duds, they have been suckered LOL...imagine paying 2.7 millions for Dravid, Kallis and Kumble in a T20 game, even the Bangalore fans looked dispirited ....:hysterical:

Guest HariSampath

If I am given absolute powers, I will spend even 700,000 to get Mohammed Ashraful, the fellow is brilliant, and in a very shortened context he can usually get 40 off 20 balls, or 30 off 15 balls, he can be explosive against any attack for half hour.

Squads as of now: Jaipur Shane Warne (US$ 450,000), Graeme Smith (US$ 475,000), Younis Khan (US$ 225,000), Kamran Akmal (US$ 150,000) Chennai MS Dhoni (US$ 1.5 million), Muttiah Muralitharan (US$ 600,00), Matthew Hayden (US$ 375,000), Jacob Oram (US$ 675,000), Stephen Fleming (US$ 350,000), Parthiv Patel (US$ 325,000) Mumbai Sachin Tendulkar (icon), Sanath Jayasuriya (US$ 975,000), Harbhajan Singh (US$ 850,000) Bangalore Rahul Dravid (icon), Anil Kumble (US$ 500,000), Jacques Kallis (US$ 900,000), Zaheer Khan (US$ 450,000), Mark Boucher (US$ 450,000) Hyderabad Adam Gilchrist (US$ 700,000), Andrew Symonds (US$ 1.35 million), Herschelle Gibbs (US$ 575,000), Shahid Afridi (US$ 675,000) Mohali Yuvraj Singh (icon), Mahela Jayawardene (US$ 475,000), Kumar Sangakkara (US$ 700,000), Brett Lee (US$ 900,000), Sreesanth (US$ 625,000) Kolkata Sourav Ganguly (icon), Shoaib Akhtar (US$ 425,000), Ricky Ponting (US$ 400,000), Brendon McCullum (US$ 700,000), Chris Gayle (US$ 800,000) Delhi Virender Sehwag (icon), Daniel Vettori (US$ 625,000), Shoaib Malik (US$ 500,000), Mohammad Asif (US$ 650,000), AB de Villiers (US$ 300,000), Dinesh Karthik (US$ 525,000)

If I am given absolute powers' date=' I will spend even 700,000 to get Mohammed Ashraful, the fellow is brilliant, and in a very shortened context he can usually get 40 off 20 balls, or 30 off 15 balls, he can be explosive against any attack for half hour.[/quote'] That is overbidding which is what Chennai did with Fleming and Parthiv Patel. Ashraful is a great 20-20 player but all should be looking to steal him, not overpay him that much. If you want to do that it's better to actually sign Aftab Ahmed for 100,000$ who is almost as good.

If I am given absolute powers' date=' I will spend even 700,000 to get Mohammed Ashraful, the fellow is brilliant, and in a very shortened context he can usually get 40 off 20 balls, or 30 off 15 balls, he can be explosive against any attack for half hour.[/quote'] Sell us Hayden we give u SG + 300000 $ . How abt the deal Sir ? :D

Jaipur needs some indian players or they're gonna struggle to pull crowds
They should be looking to get 3 of Irfan, Ishant, Gambhir, Uthappa, Rohit Sharma and R P singh. And also Pollock and the Husseys. To tell you the truth they have the money to get all of them.

I wanna see how the bidders go crazy for Ishant --- Meanwhile, an interesting announcement from Andrew Symonds: He is likely to pull out of the Pakistan, which explains why he has attracted a far higher bid than Ricky Ponting and Matthew Hayden. Ponting went for $400,000 and Hayden for $375,000. Though Symonds' stand was made public after he had been signed on by Hyderabad, one wonders whether the franchises didn’t already know of it. That will explain to a large extent why the bidding for Symonds went as high as $1.35m. That said, Ponting and Hayden are not bad investments at all. Because if the Pakistan tour is cancelled, Kolkata and Chennai will have hit the jackpot. And if they are not available, or available for less than four matches, they will receive only 25 per cent of their salary.