IPL: The Great auction thread

Feed

Guest HariSampath

^ yeah, thnx, corrected bb.. Dhoni to lead the Chennai SuperKings. I spoke to Cheeka and I am told that we will be looking at one more International player who is very effective but slightly cheaper, because we have already spent 2.1 Millions of our 5 millions, but we are very happy to have won Murali and Dhoni !! ( two of the top Marquee players) With this, Dhoni becomes the world's HIGHEST paid cricket player !!

^ yeah, thnx, corrected bb.. Dhoni to lead the Chennai SuperKings. I spoke to Cheeka and I am told that we will be looking at one more International player who is very effective but slightly cheaper, because we have already spent 2.1 Millions of our 5 millions, but we are very happy to have won Murali and Dhoni !! ( two of the top Marquee players) With this, Dhoni becomes the world's HIGHEST paid cricket player !!
I don't like the way Chennai went all in for just 2 players. 2.1 million on 2 players is a LOT. I don't have any business background, but I don't see the point of getting 2 marquee players and then filling other players just for the heck of it. I might be wrong, of course.

Murali's price was $150' date='000 more than that of Warne? That doesn't seem quite right. What did Delhi buy? Not even one player as yet? And Mumbai? What about Ponting, Symonds, Smith et al?[/quote'] Only certain set of players were released for bidding. One set has finished. Next set will be released soon. As far as I know, this auction is about to go for 10 hours :cantstop:

cant believe Laxman wasnt made iconic and Sehwag has. Utter Bullshit. Whats up with this racism against Laxman. I doubt hes gonna be selected
The bid is going for INDIAN premier league and NOT ENGLISH premier league :hysterical: Wht fckin racism ? :hysterical::hysterical: You could have said regionalism, btw. But that still wouldn't have made sense

MUmbai grabbing HS and Jayasuriya. Poor poor strategy I'd say. Get hold of Vettori' date=' Oram, Smith, Gibbs, Gayle, Ishant and McGrath.[/quote'] I swear wtf are they thinking ? FCKKKK, no cricketing strategy whatsoever :mad: Kumble sold to Banglore Sangakkar sold to Mohali. Mohali, slowly and steadily building a good team

whats bullshit is that the north has so much control and so much say. hyderabad had to withdraw their request because of them. how lame is that. long live VVS.
Dude, Hyderabad should be happy they didn't have to pay 700,000$ for VVS. That doesn't make sense.

Dhoni breaks the million-dollar barrier The first hard news out - and it's big news. India's captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, has been bought by the Chennai franchise for US$1.5 million. The other first picks: Adam Gilchrist has gone to Hyderabad for US$700,000, Muttiah Muralitharan to Chennai for US$600,000, Shane Warne to Jaipur for US$450,000 and Shoaib Akhtar to Kolkata for US$425,000. So Chennai has already spent US$2.1 million and grabbed two big names. It is unlikely that anyone will beat Dhoni's figure but in these times anything is possible.

Dude' date=' Hyderabad should be happy they didn't have to pay 700,000$ for VVS. That doesn't make sense.[/quote'] If Laxman is not selected by Hyderabad. it will be utter shame and hypocrisy. He may not be worth that much but VVS has to play in this tournament no matter what.