Sooda

Akash Chopras all time India ODI XI (including Bumrah)

His picks:

Sachin

Rohit

Ganguly

Virat

Yuvraj

MSD

Kapil (c)

Kumble

Harbhajan

Zaheer

Bumrah

What do you guys make of the team generally and Bumrah selection particularly...

14 minutes ago, Sooda said:

His picks:

Sachin

Rohit

Ganguly

Virat

Yuvraj

MSD

Kapil (c)

Kumble

Harbhajan

Zaheer

Bumrah

What do you guys make of the team generally and Bumrah selection particularly...

Srinath for Bumrah. Too soon to include Bumrah.

44 minutes ago, Sooda said:

His picks:

Sachin

Rohit

Ganguly

Virat

Yuvraj

MSD

Kapil (c)

Kumble

Harbhajan

Zaheer

Bumrah

No Sehwag?

Would pick him instead of Ganguly.

And maybe Dravid instead of Rohit depending on the pitch.

Edited by Mariyam

33 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Nonsense. Bumrah is still unproven in big matches and tends to choke. Even in Asia cup finals against Bangladesh, he was leaking runs. He is a long way to go to surpass Srinath. 

2003 final says hello. Srinath was pretty much run hard and hit the deck kind of bowler. He proved only later as thinking bowler and setting up batsman. Although Bumrah has long way to go. If he can maintain his fitness and not over experiment then he will be India’s best bowler.

Edited by gattaca

36 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1 Tendulkar

2. Rohit

3. Kohli

4. Ganguly

5. Yuvraj

6. Dhoni

7. Kapil

8. Kumble

9. Zaheer

10. Kuldeep

11. Bumrah

Ganguly at 4? Wouldn't him at 3 and VK at 4 be better? Or even Azhar or Dravid at 4...  

Kuldeep is a interesting one; see  you gone on Bumrah too. 

I do think it's a bit early to have him instead of Sri in an all time team

21 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Bumrah hasn't played even 50 ODIs. IMO, too soon to have him in any all-time India XIs.

You have a point.

But an Indian pacer averaging 21.8  after 41 ODIs ... with an ER of 4.55 in the age of  regular 320 to 370 totals.   Comination of pace, bounce and accuracy ...  ability to bowl deadly yorkers at will  along with slower balls ...  a thinking bowler who is always learning.

I find it difficult to leave him out.

Edited by express bowling

20 minutes ago, Sooda said:

Ganguly at 4? Wouldn't him at 3 and VK at 4 be better? Or even Azhar or Dravi at 4...  

Kohli has had most of his superlative success at 3.  I would not change that.

I am not finding an ideal  No.4.  Chose Ganguly because of his ability to hit big 6s off spinners.  

Azhar was indicted. Will never chose such a cricketer as he may let the team down anytime.

Kuldeep is a interesting one; see  you gone on Bumrah too. 

I do think it's a bit early to have him instead of Sri in an all time team

Picking retired or very experienced cricketers is the most usual way to choose best 11s.    I respect that thought process.

But I personally feel that I will choose a team which will give me greatest chance of winning if I were the coach. A group of players who will be most effective as part of a team to win me matches.

Edited by express bowling

1.Sachin

2. Dhawan/sehwag (even though sehwag was an underachiever still an X-factor is always tempting)

3.Kohli 

4.Yuvraj

5.Dhoni 

6.Ajay Jadeja/Irfan/Hardik /dravid 

7.Kapil Dev

8. Kumble

9. Zak

10. Bumrah 

11. Srinath/bhajji/sir jadeja/kuldeep

2 slots for me are opposition n situation dependant, will always prefer to be flexbile 

Player who were tough to Drop- Rohit n GG

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

2003 final says hello. Srinath was pretty much run hard and hit the deck kind of bowler. He proved only later as thinking bowler and setting up batsman. Although Bumrah has long way to go. If he can maintain his fitness and not over experiment then he will be India’s best bowler.

Srinath was on his last legs during 2003 world cup and that was against an ATG Australian side. On the other hand, Bumrah has looked ordinary against sides like Pakistan and Bangladesh in tournament finals. 

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

Srinath was on his last legs during 2003 world cup and that was against an ATG Australian side. On the other hand, Bumrah has looked ordinary against sides like Pakistan and Bangladesh in tournament finals. 

Your idiocy reigns supreme.

On what planet is 1-39 at economy rate 4.5 mediocre? Retards should be banned from this forum.

27 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

Your idiocy reigns supreme.

On what planet is 1-39 at economy rate 4.5 mediocre? Retards should be banned from this forum.

The only retard here is you. Did you even watch the match or just go by Cricinfo stats? Go watch his spell against Litton Das. It's similar to what Fakhar did to him in the CT finals. Both our strike bowlers lost their heads in PP in two of the finals. 

Dynamic (will change) 11: 

Sachin

Rohit

Kohli

Sehwag

Yuvi

Dhoni

Kapil

Srinath

Zak

Kuldeep

Bumrah 

* Sehwag and Yuvi serve as 2nd/3rd spin options and bowl the 6th bowler overs (if required) 

* In future likes of Shaw,  Pant, etc., could be contenders for spot in the 11 

* Ganguly, Kumble, etc., would be in the squad 

1 hour ago, UnknownGenius said:

Sehwag

Dhawan

Kohli

Yuvraj

mSD (c)

Raina

Kapil

Bhajji / jadejq / pathan - ddepends on pitch

Zkumble

Zak

Srinath

India's best players all time in this format are Kohli and MSD. You want Kohli to come in and have time to play himself in. That's why I've gone for unselfish attacking openers instead of tuk tuk Sachin and Rohit.

Also good balance of left and right hand and yuvi, seheag, Raina can give you some overs

What? I can only think of one top order batsman, Jayasuriya, in the 90s who had a better strike rate than Sachin. Even him averages in low 30s whereas Sachin averages in high 40s. All else would have a strike rate in the range of 70-75. If Sachin was tuk tuk, wonder what you call others. 

Sehwag

Sachin

Kohli

Dravid

Yuvraj

Msd

Kapil

Kumble

Harbhajan

Zaheer

Bumrah

Rohit,Ganguly, srinath and More will complete 15.

It's all time odi team. Number 4 had to be dravid. It pains me to see people underrate dravid in ODIs.

Brave call to include Bumrah in there.

Skills wise, he is up there amongst top ODI Indian bowlers but statistically, he hasn't achieved enough to justify a place in all time India XI.

12 hours ago, kosingh said:

Devang Gandhi

Sujith Somsunder

Pankaj Dharmani

Jatin Paranjape

Atul Bedade

Vijay Dahiya (wk)

Stuart Binny

Ritender Singh Sodhi

Ashish Kapoor

Rahul Sanghvi

Subroto Banerjee

wonderful memories brought back, reserves can be Vijay Bharadwaj, Doda Ganesh and Noel David

Its blasphemous that MSK Prasad is not the 1st choice WK:whack: 

According to positions :

Sachin

Ganguly 

Virat 

Dravid

Yuvi

Msd 

Kapil 

Kumble

Zaheer

Srinath 

Kuldeep/bhajji

Without considering batting positions :

Sachin 

ganguly

rohit

virat

yuvi

msd 

dhawan

dravid 

kapil

zaheeer 

kumble. 

Tbh you cant compare players from 90s and early 2000s to the current era .odi game has changed vastly and rules have been modified to be a more batsmen friendly game .

Opening has become easy and players are easily averaging above 37 and striking at 90 .so tbh a dhawan or rohit of today can't be compared to an opener like ganguly 

On 10/17/2018 at 6:56 AM, rkt.india said:

SRT

Rohit

GG

Kohli

Yuvraj

Dhoni

Kapil

Harbhajan

Kumble

Zaheer

Srinath

I agree with this. GG and Kohli were great at 3 and 4 as a combo, GG gets overlooked a bit but he played some great LOI knocks- key figure in some major wins for India

On Wed Oct 17 2018 at 10:20 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

1.Sachin

2. Dhawan/sehwag (even though sehwag was an underachiever still an X-factor is always tempting)

3.Kohli 

4.Yuvraj

5.Dhoni 

6.Ajay Jadeja/Irfan/Hardik /dravid 

7.Kapil Dev

8. Kumble

9. Zak

10. Bumrah 

11. Srinath/bhajji/sir jadeja/kuldeep

2 slots for me are opposition n situation dependant, will always prefer to be flexbile 

Player who were tough to Drop- Rohit n GG

Irfan & pandya at 6 number

2 minutes ago, kohli said:

Irfan & pandya at 6 number

yup condition based hai 

In subcontinet , Yuvraj n dhoni are to good to bat to low .....and the top order is so good that most days the lower order wnt get to bat

All i need is power in lower attack to take score to diff level and pandya can destroy spinners and irfan was really good with bat .....he did well at 3 few times and cud have batted anywere in subcontinet acc to me 

In better condition may b ill go with ajay jadeja or dravid

I wud always like to have 2-3 slots open for flexible options 

8 hours ago, Sooda said:

I agree with this. GG and Kohli were great at 3 and 4 as a combo, GG gets overlooked a bit but he played some great LOI knocks- key figure in some major wins for India

Rohit's place is debatable. Dhawan is a contender as well due to his great record in big tourneys but Rohit's penchant of decimating attacks keeps him in the competition.

On 10/17/2018 at 10:34 AM, Rightarmfast said:

Blasphemy to not have Javagal Srinath in the team. He was the best fast bowler to play ODI for India.

If Srinath was playing ODIs today his econ would have been over 6. Ajit Agarkar has similar stats plus agarkar was a better batsman and fielder than Srinath why not include him ? If Bumrah would have been bowling in Srinaths era he would be walking away with 3-4 maidens per match. 

9 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

If Srinath was playing ODIs today his econ would have been over 6. Ajit Agarkar has similar stats plus agarkar was a better batsman and fielder than Srinath why not include him ? If Bumrah would have been bowling in Srinaths era he would be walking away with 3-4 maidens per match. 

You can read all my comments in ICF from the day I joined, I have never compared, put down anyone on the basis of era. Its not only hypothetical, its juvenile to say a bowler of 90's wouldnt have survived in this era. I hope you did watch 90's cricket. Srinath was amongst the top 10 bowlers in 90's in ODI's, not very far from Akram's, Waqar's and the ilk. To just make an uninformed comment like that is whataboutery. 

He bowled against the likes of Anwar, Jayasurya, Afridi and the likes. What makes you believe he wouldnt survive against the lesser batsmen today?

16 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

You can read all my comments in ICF from the day I joined, I have never compared, put down anyone on the basis of era. Its not only hypothetical, its juvenile to say a bowler of 90's wouldnt have survived in this era. I hope you did watch 90's cricket. Srinath was amongst the top 10 bowlers in 90's in ODI's, not very far from Akram's, Waqar's and the ilk. To just make an uninformed comment like that is whataboutery. 

He bowled against the likes of Anwar, Jayasurya, Afridi and the likes. What makes you believe he wouldnt survive against the lesser batsmen today?

why do you think batsman today are lesser?

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

why do you think batsman today are lesser?

No doubt that the batsmen of today are not as equipped to play spin as the batters of 90's were. When it comes to fast bowling, we do not have as many great bowlers there were back then, so the batters havent been tested enough.

That being said, I do not rate the batsmen any lesser, I was merely answering to the comment aimed at me. Maybe the wording I used there were not appropriate.

On 10/17/2018 at 9:28 PM, kosingh said:

Devang Gandhi

Sujith Somsunder

Pankaj Dharmani

Jatin Paranjape

Atul Bedade

Vijay Dahiya (wk)

Stuart Binny

Ritender Singh Sodhi

Ashish Kapoor

Rahul Sanghvi

Subroto Banerjee

On 10/18/2018 at 9:39 AM, SK_IH said:

wonderful memories brought back, reserves can be Vijay Bharadwaj, Doda Ganesh and Noel David

Its blasphemous that MSK Prasad is not the 1st choice WK:whack: 

These names do bring back so many memories. Painful memories lol. If I remember correctly Vijay Bharadwaj was the man of the series in his debut series and then faded away. Noel David was a live wire on the field but he had nothing else going for him. Don't know how he even got selected. Dodda Ganesh was a trundler like many on the scene at that time. Some more players from that era - Kumaran, Amit Bhandari, Rajesh Chouhan, Jacob Martin, Vikram Rathour.

2 minutes ago, Mosher said:

These names do bring back so many memories. Painful memories lol. If I remember correctly Vijay Bharadwaj was the man of the series in his debut series and then faded away. Noel David was a live wire on the field but he had nothing else going for him. Don't know how he even got selected. Dodda Ganesh was a trundler like many on the scene at that time. Some more players from that era - Kumaran, Amit Bhandari, Rajesh Chouhan, Jacob Martin, Vikram Rathour.

Amit bhandari at times could crank it upto 140 back then. Rajesh Chauhan was actually good, and Jacob martin was not so bad either. As far as I remmber

19 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Amit bhandari at times could crank it upto 140 back then. Rajesh Chauhan was actually good, and Jacob martin was not so bad either. As far as I remmber

Amit Bhandari was hyped to be a quick bowler but turned out to be a trundler when he made his debut. 

3 hours ago, Mosher said:

Amit Bhandari was hyped to be a quick bowler but turned out to be a trundler when he made his debut. 

If my memory serves it right, he did bowl around 145, but by the time he was drafted in the team he had already lost his pace. Infact, I had seen him practise in 2000 in Chinnaswamy alongwith Agarkar, Zaheer, Prasad and Srinath.

Bumrah and Kuldeep haven't played enough yet but no other Indian bowlers ever in ODIs have been as impressive as them for a fair number of games (30+). I'm assuming they are going to maintain their standards and have a long career. I'm picking them in my all time ODI XI not only for their performances so far but also for being unique kind of bowlers which helps in LOIs.

S Tendulkar

S Dhawan

R Sharma

V Kohli

Y Singh

*+ M Dhoni

K Dev

Z Khan

A Kumble

K Yadav

J Bumrah

Notable exclusions ... Ganguly, Gambhir, Sehwag, Dravid, Srinath, Agarkar, Harbhajan