Akash Chopras all time India ODI XI (including Bumrah)

Sooda

44 minutes ago, Sooda said:

His picks:

Sachin

Rohit

Ganguly

Virat

Yuvraj

MSD

Kapil (c)

Kumble

Harbhajan

Zaheer

Bumrah

What do you guys make of the team generally and Bumrah selection particularly...

No Sehwag?

Would pick him instead of Ganguly.

And maybe Dravid instead of Rohit depending on the pitch.

Edited by Mariyam
33 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Nonsense. Bumrah is still unproven in big matches and tends to choke. Even in Asia cup finals against Bangladesh, he was leaking runs. He is a long way to go to surpass Srinath. 

2003 final says hello. Srinath was pretty much run hard and hit the deck kind of bowler. He proved only later as thinking bowler and setting up batsman. Although Bumrah has long way to go. If he can maintain his fitness and not over experiment then he will be India’s best bowler.

Edited by gattaca
36 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1 Tendulkar

2. Rohit

3. Kohli

4. Ganguly

5. Yuvraj

6. Dhoni

7. Kapil

8. Kumble

9. Zaheer

10. Kuldeep

11. Bumrah

Ganguly at 4? Wouldn't him at 3 and VK at 4 be better? Or even Azhar or Dravid at 4...  

Kuldeep is a interesting one; see  you gone on Bumrah too. 

I do think it's a bit early to have him instead of Sri in an all time team

21 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Bumrah hasn't played even 50 ODIs. IMO, too soon to have him in any all-time India XIs.

You have a point.

But an Indian pacer averaging 21.8  after 41 ODIs ... with an ER of 4.55 in the age of  regular 320 to 370 totals.   Comination of pace, bounce and accuracy ...  ability to bowl deadly yorkers at will  along with slower balls ...  a thinking bowler who is always learning.

I find it difficult to leave him out.

Edited by express bowling
20 minutes ago, Sooda said:

Ganguly at 4? Wouldn't him at 3 and VK at 4 be better? Or even Azhar or Dravi at 4...  

Kohli has had most of his superlative success at 3.  I would not change that.

I am not finding an ideal  No.4.  Chose Ganguly because of his ability to hit big 6s off spinners.  

Azhar was indicted. Will never chose such a cricketer as he may let the team down anytime.

Kuldeep is a interesting one; see  you gone on Bumrah too. 

I do think it's a bit early to have him instead of Sri in an all time team

Picking retired or very experienced cricketers is the most usual way to choose best 11s.    I respect that thought process.

But I personally feel that I will choose a team which will give me greatest chance of winning if I were the coach. A group of players who will be most effective as part of a team to win me matches.

Edited by express bowling

1.Sachin

2. Dhawan/sehwag (even though sehwag was an underachiever still an X-factor is always tempting)

3.Kohli 

4.Yuvraj

5.Dhoni 

6.Ajay Jadeja/Irfan/Hardik /dravid 

7.Kapil Dev

8. Kumble

9. Zak

10. Bumrah 

11. Srinath/bhajji/sir jadeja/kuldeep

2 slots for me are opposition n situation dependant, will always prefer to be flexbile 

Player who were tough to Drop- Rohit n GG

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

2003 final says hello. Srinath was pretty much run hard and hit the deck kind of bowler. He proved only later as thinking bowler and setting up batsman. Although Bumrah has long way to go. If he can maintain his fitness and not over experiment then he will be India’s best bowler.

Srinath was on his last legs during 2003 world cup and that was against an ATG Australian side. On the other hand, Bumrah has looked ordinary against sides like Pakistan and Bangladesh in tournament finals. 

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

Srinath was on his last legs during 2003 world cup and that was against an ATG Australian side. On the other hand, Bumrah has looked ordinary against sides like Pakistan and Bangladesh in tournament finals. 

Your idiocy reigns supreme.

On what planet is 1-39 at economy rate 4.5 mediocre? Retards should be banned from this forum.

27 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

Your idiocy reigns supreme.

On what planet is 1-39 at economy rate 4.5 mediocre? Retards should be banned from this forum.

The only retard here is you. Did you even watch the match or just go by Cricinfo stats? Go watch his spell against Litton Das. It's similar to what Fakhar did to him in the CT finals. Both our strike bowlers lost their heads in PP in two of the finals.