State your allegiance

Gambit

State your allegiance  

1. 1.

I really need to have a look the final squad before commenting on the good/bad of the teams. But, If Kolkata really has Gul/Ishant/Akhtar, I would put them as firm favorites. Unlike 50 overs ODIs, 20/20 is mostly won or lost by the bowlers. given that the conditions dont change much over the match. Gul was close to unplayable in the T20 world cup in S.Africa, while Ishant is probably the last bowler I would like to face now, with his pace, bounce and inward movement. Akhtar isnt that bad either. This is definitely a deadly bowling attack. Amongst the batsman, Hyderabad is far and away the best. Their opening combo of Gilly and Gibbs is the best, while they have two of the hardest hitters of the game, Afridi and Symonds, in their middle order. Rohit Sharma is also an excellent pick. He is a cultured hitter and is an outstanding 20/20 prospect. Chennai has got a super balance of batsman+bowler+keeper, which will work to its advantage. In Hayden and Oram, they have two of the BIGGEST hitters of the game, while Murali is a really tough bowler to slog. Albie Morkel is pacy and has an aggressive trait bout him. But by far, Chennai's biggest asset is Dhoni. Not only is he captain cool, he can adapt his game to suit different situations.

Guest HariSampath
Chennai has got a super balance of batsman+bowler+keeper' date=' which will work to its advantage. In Hayden and Oram, they have two of the BIGGEST hitters of the game, while Murali is a really tough bowler to slog. Albie Morkel is pacy and has an aggressive trait bout him. But by far, Chennai's biggest asset is Dhoni. Not only is he captain cool, he can adapt his game to suit different situations.[/quote'] Hayden may not play all games, but still, any batting lineup with Hayden, Fleming , Oram , Morkel, Raina and Dhoni is gonna score real big. Add to this players like Badri , and upcoming opener Anirud Srikkanth who is a brilliant striker of the newball, and the bowling lineup of Ntini, Oram, Morkel, Murali and Jogi...I think Chennai has a very serious chance of beating the best sides in India.

As of now, don't care about the circus. But will see how the cricket progresses beyond all the showmanship that has been on display till now. BTW, can someone explain what is the icon status and what are the financial benefits of it?
Because, they wanted them to play in their home center. If SRT goes to play for Kolkatta or SCG plays for Delhi, the franchise would miss on the opportunity to get local crowd to support their teams. So they were not available for bidding process. The agreement was they would be compensated 115% of next highest bidder in the team. Unfortunately Chennai did not have anyone local to represent them. So they had to bid for Dhoni in the open market and ended up paying a fortune.

kolkata ppl took our Ishant.. damn it..
It's stupid, isn't it. All the Indian players should be picked for their home teams, not for some random state which they have no connection to. I am sure people from Delhi would much rather see one of their own playing for the team rather than some Tamil or Bengali. This IPL thing looks good though, i'll definitely watch it. Who wouldn't ? The best players in the world are playing in it.

I wonder what the Aussies really make out of this. Less than a month ago, things were at a break-down point between Ind and Aus. Now, their own players have been contracted for multi-million sums by the same country which they expressed reservations against. Wow, if ever there was proof required for the saying that public memory is short, this is it. Now, all the Sydney monkey business will be a distant memory. The greenback and all the adulation that comes along with it, can do some wonders indeed. Trust me, but for this ICL IPL thing, many of the Aussie players would have been more vocal in their criticism of the Indians in the aftermath of the Sydney test. Poor Mohammed Yousuf, he rejected a lucrative ICL contract, now no one wants him ! :hahaha:

I really need to have a look the final squad before commenting on the good/bad of the teams. But, If Kolkata really has Gul/Ishant/Akhtar, I would put them as firm favorites. Unlike 50 overs ODIs, 20/20 is mostly won or lost by the bowlers. given that the conditions dont change much over the match. Gul was close to unplayable in the T20 world cup in S.Africa, while Ishant is probably the last bowler I would like to face now, with his pace, bounce and inward movement. Akhtar isnt that bad either. This is definitely a deadly bowling attack. Amongst the batsman, Hyderabad is far and away the best. Their opening combo of Gilly and Gibbs is the best, while they have two of the hardest hitters of the game, Afridi and Symonds, in their middle order. Rohit Sharma is also an excellent pick. He is a cultured hitter and is an outstanding 20/20 prospect. Chennai has got a super balance of batsman+bowler+keeper, which will work to its advantage. In Hayden and Oram, they have two of the BIGGEST hitters of the game, while Murali is a really tough bowler to slog. Albie Morkel is pacy and has an aggressive trait bout him. But by far, Chennai's biggest asset is Dhoni. Not only is he captain cool, he can adapt his game to suit different situations.
Only 4 international players allowed per game.

Not that I care, but Uthappa goes to Mumbai and Bangalore gets Jaffer for 150K. I will burn effigies of Mallya on M.G Road. This circus might be the future of cricket. To be on the safer side, I have started to take interest in other sports like Golf, Curling and Ice fishing. bangalore (Ha Ha): Dravid, Kumble, Kallis and Jaffer. WTF. Is this a test cricket championship? Mallaya has gone loco.

It's stupid' date=' isn't it. [b']All the Indian players should be picked for their home teams, not for some random state which they have no connection to. I am sure people from Delhi would much rather see one of their own playing for the team rather than some Tamil or Bengali. This IPL thing looks good though, i'll definitely watch it. Who wouldn't ? The best players in the world are playing in it.
how absurd. these are pro teams, not state run.

It's stupid, isn't it. All the Indian players should be picked for their home teams, not for some random state which they have no connection to. I am sure people from Delhi would much rather see one of their own playing for the team rather than some Tamil or Bengali. This IPL thing looks good though, i'll definitely watch it. Who wouldn't ? The best players in the world are playing in it.
Newsflash- IPL doesn;t follow the Ranji format which we all have been used to till now.

imagine Ishant wearing Kolkata Jersey and taking wickets against Delhi team.. how shyt would that be.. this really sucks