State your allegiance

Gambit

State your allegiance  

1. 1.

imagine Ishant wearing Kolkata Jersey and taking wickets against Delhi team.. how shyt would that be.. this really sucks
Tics, they're Indians first and then Delhi-ites. Itna regionalism accha nahin hota until you get to the Ranji :) And it's not that the winner of this league will face some national team where the "allegiance" aspect comes into play...

Tics' date=' they're Indians first and then Delhi-ites. Itna regionalism accha nahin hota until you get to the Ranji :)[/quote'] lol yaar its not about regionalism.. i mean itz about excitement too.. seeing ur hometown boy playin against an opposition.... offcourse here countriez aren't playing so regionalism doesn't even arise.. i mean the sense here is to let playerz play for their state.. or atleast if not then change the name of the teamz.. don't name them Delhi or mumbai or hyderabad.. name something else.. imagine Tendulkar playing for chennai against mumbai...

lol yaar its not about regionalism.. i mean itz about excitement too.. seeing ur hometown boy playin against an opposition.... offcourse here countriez aren't playing so regionalism doesn't even arise.. i mean the sense here is to let playerz play for their state.. or atleast if not then change the name of the teamz.. don't name them Delhi or mumbai or hyderabad.. name something else.. imagine Tendulkar playing for chennai against mumbai...
it will never happen in Tendulkar's case. The teams will continue to be named after their cities with an additional nickname. The whole point of the franchise system is to get people to support their cities.

lol yaar its not about regionalism.. i mean itz about excitement too.. seeing ur hometown boy playin against an opposition.... offcourse here countriez aren't playing so regionalism doesn't even arise.. i mean the sense here is to let playerz play for their state.. or atleast if not then change the name of the teamz.. don't name them Delhi or mumbai or hyderabad.. name something else.. imagine Tendulkar playing for chennai against mumbai...
You are expecting those who have sold their trades for a fistful of dollars to act all mighty/proud yada yada, playing for their state cr@p? Thats a tad asking too much mate. Why would Sachin worry about which "team" he is playing for when his team is not even a cricket team in classical sense!! Where is this tournament accomodated in International cricket calendar for example?? This whole tournament is a f%cking joke and shows exactly what modern cricketers lust for - money. I would be laughing my ar$e off the next time any cricketer(or fan) mentions of getting injured due to "too much cricket". And just for record my respect for English team went up a notch since they did not succumb to this money greed. xxx

As of now, don't care about the circus. But will see how the cricket progresses beyond all the showmanship that has been on display till now. BTW, can someone explain what is the icon status and what are the financial benefits of it?
I think one of the main reasons was that they did not want to auction Sachin:D On second though, it also gives a local player who could be a brand ambassador for that region I suppose.