Jump to content
Mosher

Rahane, Ashwin and Karthik to play Deodhar Trophy

Recommended Posts

Dinesh Karthik, who was dropped from the Indian ODI team to face West Indies, has been made captain of the India A team for the Deodhar Trophy which begins in Delhi on October 23. He leads a team that includes attacking opener Prithvi Shaw, Test spinner R Ashwin, batsman Karun Nair and allrounder Krunal Pandya.

 

Ajinkya Rahane will lead India C, where he will have Suresh Raina and Shubman Gill for company. Also part of the 14-member squad is Washington Sundar, who injured his ankle in June on India's tour of the UK. The 19-year old offspinner has only recently returned to playing cricket, picking up four wickets in three matches for Tamil Nadu in the Vijay Hazare Trophy.

 

Shreyas Iyer will captain India B, which includes Mayank Agarwal, the Karnataka opener who remains uncapped despite being called up to India's Test squad. Most of their firepower appears to be in the bowling department. They have a swing bowler in Deepak Chahar, a left-arm quick in Jaydev Unadkat for variation and Varun Aaron for outright pace. Also part of the roster is legspinner Mayank Markande. The 20-year old had a successful debut season in the IPL in 2018, picking up 15 wickets in 14 innings at an economy rate of 8.3. Since then he has also been picked to play for India A in one-day cricket.

 

 

India A: Dinesh Karthik (capt & wk), Prithvi Shaw, Anmolpreet Singh, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Ankit Bawne, Nitish Rana, Karun Nair, Krunal Pandya, R Ashwin, Shreyas Gopal, S Mulani, Mohammed Siraj, Dhawal Kulkarni, Siddarth Kaul

 

India B: Shreyas Iyer (capt), Mayank Agarwal, Rituraj Gaekwad, PS Chopra, Hanuma Vihari, Manoj Tiwary, Ankush Bains (wk), Rohit Rayudu, K Gowtham, Mayank Markande, Shahbaz Nadeem, Deepak Chahar, Varun Aaron, Jaydev Unadkat

 

India C: Ajinkya Rahane (capt), Abhinav Mukund, Shubman Gill, R Samarth, Suresh Raina, Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan (wk), Vijay Shankar, Washington Sundar, Rahul Chahar, Pappu Roy, Navdeep Saini, Rajneesh Gurbani, Umar Nazir

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Good that Aaron is picked up after his good performance in VH. Shocking that Khejroliya is not picked up after his 6-fer and Deshpande after his 5-fer. These two have picked up wickets whenever they have played. 

How can they accommodate these bowlers when the squad is crammed with promising speed demons like chahar, Udaankat,Kaul, Kulkarni etc?there is barely any space left..The speed demons will set the world on fire..

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mosher said:

Dinesh Karthik, who was dropped from the Indian ODI team to face West Indies, has been made captain of the India A team for the Deodhar Trophy which begins in Delhi on October 23. He leads a team that includes attacking opener Prithvi Shaw, Test spinner R Ashwin, batsman Karun Nair and allrounder Krunal Pandya.

 

Ajinkya Rahane will lead India C, where he will have Suresh Raina and Shubman Gill for company. Also part of the 14-member squad is Washington Sundar, who injured his ankle in June on India's tour of the UK. The 19-year old offspinner has only recently returned to playing cricket, picking up four wickets in three matches for Tamil Nadu in the Vijay Hazare Trophy.

 

Shreyas Iyer will captain India B, which includes Mayank Agarwal, the Karnataka opener who remains uncapped despite being called up to India's Test squad. Most of their firepower appears to be in the bowling department. They have a swing bowler in Deepak Chahar, a left-arm quick in Jaydev Unadkat for variation and Varun Aaron for outright pace. Also part of the roster is legspinner Mayank Markande. The 20-year old had a successful debut season in the IPL in 2018, picking up 15 wickets in 14 innings at an economy rate of 8.3. Since then he has also been picked to play for India A in one-day cricket.

 

 

India A: Dinesh Karthik (capt & wk), Prithvi Shaw, Anmolpreet Singh, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Ankit Bawne, Nitish Rana, Karun Nair, Krunal Pandya, R Ashwin, Shreyas Gopal, S Mulani, Mohammed Siraj, Dhawal Kulkarni, Siddarth Kaul

 

India B: Shreyas Iyer (capt), Mayank Agarwal, Rituraj Gaekwad, PS Chopra, Hanuma Vihari, Manoj Tiwary, Ankush Bains (wk), Rohit Rayudu, K Gowtham, Mayank Markande, Shahbaz Nadeem, Deepak Chahar, Varun Aaron, Jaydev Unadkat

 

India C: Ajinkya Rahane (capt), Abhinav Mukund, Shubman Gill, R Samarth, Suresh Raina, Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan (wk), Vijay Shankar, Washington Sundar, Rahul Chahar, Pappu Roy, Navdeep Saini, Rajneesh Gurbani, Umar Nazir

happy about Siraj, Saini,Aaron,Vijay Shankar ,Bawane -

 

Ind A and C look strong.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, S_pace said:

Does anybody know about this Kashmiri pacer Umar Nazir. He's 6'2 and 24 yo. Got 10 wickets in 5 matches in this tournament.

He's in India C.

wow. is it the same guy that was talking about in an other thread. 

Share this post


Link to post

I don't prefer teams picked based on the Ind A, Ind Red, etc. lines .... It should be based on regions to make it more interesting 

 

There are 37 Ranji teams so they can be clubbed into 3 teams based on regions :dontknow:

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, zen said:

I don't prefer teams picked based on the Ind A, Ind Red, etc. lines .... It should be based on regions to make it more interesting 

 

There are 37 Ranji teams so they can be clubbed into 3 teams based on regions :dontknow:

there used to be five teams from 5 zones before and that was better as more player got their chances.  A 3-team tournament is nothing but farce.

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

there used to be five teams from 5 zones before and that was better as more player got their chances.  A 3-team tournament is nothing but farce.

And many folks don't even know which team to support unless you root for specific players 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Mavi

Rajpoot

Kulwant

Prasidh

 

Where are they ? how many of them are injured??

 

Who is pappu roy? Where is anukul roy??

 

 

Dhawal, kaul, unadkat.............ye attack raina ko form men laane ki saazish hai

I think Dhawal know some biggies in BCCI....

For such a poor skillset, he should not be close to Mumbai cricket(leave Indian cricket)

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Just like Shardul he has bambi mafia lobby to back him up. he will keep getting selected just like Rohit was for test matches and Rahane continues to be. Rahane should be nowhere near any limited overs game let alone as captain. Expect some more selfish innings form him while BML pushes for his inclusion to WC 2019

By that very logic Dhongi the Mafia namesake should remain and sit back in his village itself

Share this post


Link to post

the biggest problem is people on this forum read or see a bit of some bowler in a domestic game blowing away local batters and think they have seen the greatest bowler of our generation. Just a few months back people were cribbing why the likes of chahar are not part of team now noone wants them. 

 

Vinay kumar has the better domestic avg that kapil, Zaheer, Srinath yet we all know how his international career went. 

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

the biggest problem is people on this forum read or see a bit of some bowler in a domestic game blowing away local batters and think they have seen the greatest bowler of our generation. Just a few months back people were cribbing why the likes of chahar are not part of team now noone wants them. 

 

Vinay kumar has the better domestic avg that kapil, Zaheer, Srinath yet we all know how his international career went. 

i dont think anyone was cribbing about Chahar not being part of team.

Share this post


Link to post

Happy to see rahul chahar, gopal, markande, sundar - Promising spinners.

(Hope they play in XI instead of nadeem, gowtham, ashwin)

Batsmen picked are good overall  abhishek sharma, deepak hooda, samson could have sneaked in.

Rajpoot, avesh, mavi, khejro instead of chahar, kaul, unadkat, kulkarni.

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

the biggest problem is people on this forum read or see a bit of some bowler in a domestic game blowing away local batters and think they have seen the greatest bowler of our generation. Just a few months back people were cribbing why the likes of chahar are not part of team now noone wants them. 

 

Vinay kumar has the better domestic avg that kapil, Zaheer, Srinath yet we all know how his international career went. 

I think people were cribbing for inclusion of chahar for England test in place of Shradul as we all know he gets banana swing with new balls at decent speeds.

Share this post


Link to post

Very poor selections regarding pacers and allrounders.

 

Pacers missing --

 

Mavi

Khejroliya

Prasidh

Deshpande

Rajpoot

 

Allrounders  missing -- 

 

Anukul Roy

Darshan Nalkande

Pranshu Vijayran 

Shivam Dubey

 

 

1 )   I know the last 3 allrounders are inexperienced ...  but we need backup pacer allrounders if Hardik is injured.  So, new guys need to be given chances in these tourneys.

 

2 )   No vision has been shown in these selections.  Most of the good selection pick themselves since 3 teams are being chosen.   But no attempt has been made to find a backup pacer allrounder for LOIs.

 

3 )   How does Mavi, Prasidh, Khejroliya and Anukul miss out  !!    The first 2 did well for India A recently but can't find a place in India C even  !!   And the last 2 performed well in VH.

 

4 )  I am beginning to wonder whether the superb A-team selections are mostly due to Dravid's influence.

 

5 )  All the prominent trundlers are present.  On what basis does Gurbani or Dhawal get in but not Khejroliya  ?    

 

6)    4  medium pacers,  2 medium fast seamers and only 3 fast bowlers   You know what the selectors are preferring  nowadays.

 

 

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Very poor selections regarding pacers and allrounders.

 

Pacers missing --

 

Mavi

Khejroliya

Prasidh

Deshpande

Rajpoot

 

Allrounders  missing -- 

 

Anukul Roy

Darshan Nalkande

Pranshu Vijayran 

Shivam Dubey

 

 

1 )   I know the last 3 allrounders are inexperienced ...  but we need backup pacer allrounders if Hardik is injured.  So, new guys need to be given chances in these tourneys.

 

2 )   No vision has been shown in these selections.  Most of the good selection pick themselves since 3 teams are being chosen.   But no attempt has been made to find a backup pacer allrounder for LOIs.

 

3 )   How does Mavi, Prasidh, Khejroliya and Anukul miss out  !!    The first 2 did well for India A recently but can't find a place in India C even  !!   And the last 2 performed well in VH.

 

4 )  I am beginning to wonder whether the superb A-team selections are mostly due to Dravid's influence.

 

5 )  All the prominent trundlers are present.  On what basis does Dhawal get in but not Khejroliya  ?    

 

6)    4  medium pacers,  2 medium fast seamers and only 3 fast bowlers   You know what the selectors are preferring  nowadays.

 

 

I owe them my words

M@d@#"&$#d

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/18/2018 at 6:56 PM, Mosher said:

Good that Aaron is picked up after his good performance in VH. Shocking that Khejroliya is not picked up after his 6-fer and Deshpande after his 5-fer. These two have picked up wickets whenever they have played. 

only varun and saini are the fast bowler among the three teams...i think all others are trundler brigade in all the three teams. correct me if i am wrong. 

 

not a good selection for the pacers...

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/18/2018 at 8:26 AM, Mosher said:

India C: Ajinkya Rahane (capt), Abhinav Mukund, Shubman Gill, R Samarth, Suresh Raina, Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan (wk), Vijay Shankar, Washington Sundar, Rahul Chahar, Pappu Roy, Navdeep Saini, Rajneesh Gurbani, Umar Nazir

Who the F is this? :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

Who the F is this? :rofl:

Pappu is a left arm spinner who plays for Odisha. Coming from a underprivileged background, great that he has made it this far. Hope he does well.

 

Pappu Roy- a Bengal born cricketer who plays for Odisha in domestic cricket is the new inspiring story emerging in Indian cricket. The left-arm spinner has arrived at the top-level cricket after a heart-wrenching journey. Pappu who lost his parents in the early childhood, on Thursday made it to the Ajinkya Rahane-led India C team for the upcoming Deodhar Trophy.

 

“Bhaiya log bulate the aur bolte the ball dalega toh khana khilaoonga. Aur har wicket ka 10 rupaiya dete the. (Seniors in my locality used to summon me to bowl and gave me Rs 10 per wicket),” Papu was quoted as saying by India Today.

 

After losing his parents, Pappu lived with his uncle and aunt for some years but once his uncle, a daily labourer, also passed away, he struggled to even arrange one meal a day. However, he currently lives at a rented place in Kolkata’s Picnic Garden.

“Unko (parents) kabhi dekha nahin… Kabhi gaon gaya nahin, khali suna hai (Never seen them nor have I been anytime to my native. I’ve only heard about them). Wish they were here today to see me playing for India C. I could not sleep whole night yesterday and kept crying. I think my years and years of hard work is finally paying off now,” Roy said while remembering his old times.

 

https://www.crictracker.com/tracing-pappu-roys-journey-the-cricketer-who-got-picked-for-india-c-in-deodhar-trophy/

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

only varun and saini are the fast bowler among the three teams...i think all others are trundler brigade in all the three teams. correct me if i am wrong. 

 

Siraj is there too.

 

Quote

not a good selection for the pacers...

 

Agree strongly.

 

Deshpande, Mavi and Prasidh should have been definitely there.

 

What is the purpose of these tournaments  ?

 

To develop players who have a chance of playing successfully for India.

 

Mavi is an express bowler who took 5 wickets on VH debut including a hatrick.   He played for India-A recently.  Why is such a prospect demoted  !!

 

The way Tushar Deshpande bowled in VH ...  even a Bishop is talking about him.  But our selectors think that Dhawal and Unadkat are better prospects than him  !!

 

Prasidh was playing for India-A for quite some time in the 50 over format.  Suddenly, he is not good enough for India-C even  ?

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×