Keeping the World Cup in mind, we think Rayudu is the best option at No.4 - Virat Kohli

Virat Kohli believes Ambati Rayudu is the perfect man to fill India's problem No.4 position in one-day cricket.

Rayudu impressed during the Asia Cup last month, scoring 175 runs at an average of 43.75 as India retained the trophy, and is now set for an extended run in the side, starting with the five-match ODI series against the Windies which begins in Guwahati on 21 October. "The only position we were trying to figure out was No.4, for a long time, and we tried many players who unfortunately could not capitalise in the way we would have wanted," said Kohli, who was rested for the Asia Cup but was impressed by what he saw during the tournament from the 33-year-old right-hander. "The team there, and also when I watched, felt like he’s designed to play that middle-order role. Barring injuries or niggles, we want one combination to play through [to the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup], apart from bowlers resting here and there in one-day cricket. 
"We’ve only changed the No.4 slot because we wanted someone to cement it but we believe that Rayudu is the right person to capitalise because he’s experienced and won many games for his state and in IPL cricket as well. He has a great one-day record already for India. I think the batting order is sorted as far as we’re concerned now."

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/881341

:popcorn:

1 minute ago, rahulrulezz said:

Holly sh1t!  I am a massive fan of Kohli and his captaincy, but oh my god, what is wrong with him. I wouldn't even pick him for my Indian B squad. I followed Vijay Hazare trophy and I swear, Rayadu wasn't even the best batsmen in Hydrabad 11, forget about India 11. 

How can Kohli not see the problem. There are players like Jadhav, Rahul, Prithi Shah, Pant, Shreyas, Nitish Rana who are thousand times better than Rayadu and can score at strike of 90 plus, but we have to pick Rayadu!????? A guy whose strike rate is 76!!!! That too when he played most of his games on patta. 

Seriosuly if Rayadu plays the worldcup, I am done with Kohli. 

Kohli is a good leader.

Awful captain.

In LOI, Kohli is atrocious.

5 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

Holly sh1t!  I am a massive fan of Kohli and his captaincy, but oh my god, what is wrong with him. I wouldn't even pick Rayadu for my Indian B squad. I followed Vijay Hazare trophy and I swear, Rayadu wasn't even the best batsmen in Hydrabad 11, forget about India 11. 

How can Kohli not see the problem. There are players like Jadhav, Rahul, Prithi Shah, Pant, Shreyas, Nitish Rana who are thousand times better than Rayadu and can score at strike of 90 plus, but we have to pick Rayadu!????? A guy whose strike rate is 76!!!! That too when he played most of his games on patta. 

True, Rayudu was pathetic in VH Trophy and add to that being played @ no.4 in ODI.Thsts a pivotal position, Kohli is backing mediocre player for that role.

8 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

Holly sh1t!  I am a massive fan of Kohli and his captaincy, but oh my god, what is wrong with him. I wouldn't even pick Rayadu for my Indian B squad. I followed Vijay Hazare trophy and I swear, Rayadu wasn't even the best batsmen in Hydrabad 11, forget about India 11. 

Rayudu has 'winning mentality™' + homemade biryani. SR doesn't matter.

Kohli is nearing his fall as captain
He is falling into the csk mafia trap
Hum bhi dubenge ,tumhe bhi le dubenge sanam

Meanwhile ,somewhere Hitman chuckles

Kohli's main problem is he's too marketing+brand oriented and unlike Dhoni, neither general public likes him nor he has a good marketing team in his beck and call.

Cricketers who think themselves as Gods ironically aren't.
Better concentrate on his dressing room than selling overpriced Wrogn stuff on instagram

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Virat Kohli believes Ambati Rayudu is the perfect man to fill India's problem No.4 position in one-day cricket.

Rayudu impressed during the Asia Cup last month, scoring 175 runs at an average of 43.75 as India retained the trophy, and is now set for an extended run in the side, starting with the five-match ODI series against the Windies which begins in Guwahati on 21 October.

"The only position we were trying to figure out was No.4, for a long time, and we tried many players who unfortunately could not capitalise in the way we would have wanted," said Kohli, who was rested for the Asia Cup but was impressed by what he saw during the tournament from the 33-year-old right-hander. 

Src  @sscomp32

:rotfl:

10 minutes ago, velu said:

Rayudu impressed during the Asia Cup last month, scoring 175 runs at an average of 43.75 as India retained the trophy, and is now set for an extended run in the side, starting with the five-match ODI series against the Windies which begins in Guwahati on 21 October.

"The only position we were trying to figure out was No.4, for a long time, and we tried many players who unfortunately could not capitalise in the way we would have wanted," said Kohli, who was rested for the Asia Cup but was impressed by what he saw during the tournament from the 33-year-old right-hander. 

Src  @sscomp32

:rotfl:

This is such a news 3 people posted within minutes. :giggle:  I got late just by 1 min. :mad: