Varun Aaron eyes Team India selection after Deodhar Trophy call-up

https://www.crictracker.com/varun-aaron-eyes-team-india-selection-after-deodhar-trophy-call-up/

It was not long ago when the cricket world went gaga over the sheer pace and aggression of pace bowler Varun Aaron. Hailed as the ‘fastest’ bowler the Indian team had produced in the recent years, Aaron saw a rather unfortunate blip in his flourishing cricket career. After lacklustre shows in the national outfit in the 2014-15 season, including the tour to Australia, the fast bowler fell out of the radar of the national selectors.

lg.php?bannerid=0&campaignid=0&zoneid=41

Soon, Varun Aaron saw himself miss out on IPL contracts as well. Now, after being out of the team for quite some time, the pacer has a ray of hope of making a comeback to the national setup. Following his good show for Jharkhand in the Vijay Hazare Trophy, Aaron received a call-up in the India B squad for the Deodhar Trophy. As per the quotes in cricketnext, Varun Aaron spoke at length on how he saw his time out of the national side as a blessing in disguise.

“It’s been a very nice journey. Ever since I was out of IPL, I’ve enjoyed my cricket. There has just been time to introspect and find more things which work for me. Not playing the IPL just gave me that much more time to think about myself instead of thinking about what’s ahead of me, and what I have to do, how I have to get back into the team and this and that, which is something that’s usually on your mind. Not playing the IPL was a massive blessing in disguise,” Varun Aaron explained.

On his Deodhar Trophy selection

On his most recent selection in the Deodhar Trophy, Varun Aaron oozed optimism. He feels that this is a very good opportunity for him to put forth his case for a comeback to the national side. He cited that he did not get enough opportunities last season. And this season, when the opportunity has come his way, he does not wish to let this go.

“After being nowhere in the past season and a half to getting picked… it wasn’t like I didn’t have wickets in the one-dayers last year, but I wasn’t given a look in. This year I wanted to make a really good case for myself. I’ve been fortunate and worked really hard to be among the top 5 wicket takers in India. Getting a place in the Deodhar Trophy was something I really wanted. I wanted those extra opportunities to prove myself and get back into the (Indian) team at the end of the day,” mentioned the Jharkhand pacer.

“I feel I have a long journey to go. I have a real belief in myself. That’s why I’m still playing the game. I don’t want to slog on till 35 just playing Ranji Trophy. I want to win games for India. I want to be one of India’s fast bowlers to remember,” he concluded.

He must be selected for some OdI’s hopefully. I did not like the way he finished off in the semis of VH trophy but he overall bowled well and an international stint is warrant now.

You can see he has worked hard and if we can give Umesh another chance in an ODI format, then we can surely try Aaron who is still one of the quickest in the country. 

Aaron’s run up still gives you hope that he can be the bowler which India has been wanting. I would put him into ODi tour to Australia.

I don't know how Varun has been doing lately, but if he has improved substantially, I would like to see him in the squad 

Would be good to see Bumrah, Varun, etc., bowling at 145+ 

The perception about Ind pace bowlers is such that even the genuine pace bowlers are classified as fast medium / medium when trundlers of some of the other teams are classified as fast 

On 10/21/2018 at 10:06 PM, zen said:

I don't know how Varun has been doing lately, but if he has improved substantially, I would like to see him in the squad 

Would be good to see Bumrah, Varun, etc., bowling at 145+ 

The perception about Ind pace bowlers is such that even the genuine pace bowlers are classified as fast medium / medium when trundlers of some of the other teams are classified as fast 

Why would you like to go back to a TTF over youngsters like Mavi, Siraj etc? Oh let me guess, Speed guns readings?

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Ghanta  comeback  !

Dropped promptly in the 2nd match after taking 2 wickets for 45  in the first match  ...  for the deadly duo of Unadkat and Chahar.

That's captain shreyass iyarr for you, another deluded threadbare captain who is fond of trundlers, we saw that in IPL too when he dropped avesh khan for some harvik Patel.

When Aaron and Umesh bowled together it was heartwarming to see 2 Indian bowlers bowling in tandem hitting 150ks. However even back then it was pretty obvious that Umesh was the more talented one with a lot more upside. Be it skills or fitness.

When Umesh Yadav looks like the one with more brains than you,sorry even Dhoni’s fingers cannot be blamed for his ouster.

Edited by Global.Baba
45 minutes ago, speedheat said:

That's captain shreyass iyarr for you, another deluded threadbare captain who is fond of trundlers, we saw that in IPL too when he dropped avesh khan for some harvik Patel.

Avesh Khan went for plenty Hales smashed him for 28 runs then against Csk in Pune same happened there were dropped catches but he’s predictable has pace but just bangs it short even at Kotla he did the same and Raydu scored 22 of him.Harahal Patel was the bowler you are talking about he did well in the last two games against MI and Csk.

39 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Avesh Khan went for plenty Hales smashed him for 28 runs then against Csk in Pune same happened there were dropped catches but he’s predictable has pace but just bangs it short even at Kotla he did the same and Raydu scored 22 of him.Harahal Patel was the bowler you are talking about he did well in the last two games against MI and Csk.

Harshal Patel is a seasoned campaigner you cant compare him to a 20 year old,nobody becomes a pro in handful of matches if same is the yardstick then you have to equally compliment the brute of a delivery he bowled to Finch in ipl,he just lost his way after two-three matches and was dropped eventually but the thing with these high velocity young bowlers is when they combine pace with intelligence they become lethal,im sure he will come good,he can become a good long format bowler though, irony is we need those tall hit the deck kind of bowlers in Aus,but have been accused of carrying short bowlers down under ,hope the domestic captains learn

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Ghanta  comeback  !

Dropped promptly in the 2nd match after taking 2 wickets for 45  in the first match  ...  for the deadly duo of Unadkat and Chahar.

issi ko bolte hain CHU..ya panti.....

why drop varun and play unadkat , a spinner and chahar ahead of him and demoralise him specially when he clean bowled bawne and one more batsman in the previous match and got them to win the match.

49 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Avesh Khan went for plenty Hales smashed him for 28 runs

Can happen to any rookie pacer in a tamasha cricket called IPL, harshal Patel when he was playing for rcb was thrashed badly and wasn't really impressive for Delhi either, avesh in any context is a better bowler than patel, if he was bowling short he should have been encouraged to bowl good length but dropping him not the answer.