King Kohli averages 59 in ODIs now

FischerTal

8 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

India are also dominating in tests...hence we are no.1 team? :dontknow:

That is an achievement. I still cannot get over his missteps like losing to SA and England.

It is personal preference I am not into individual stats.

8 minutes ago, Khota said:

That is an achievement. I still cannot get over his missteps like losing to SA and England.

It is personal preference I am not into individual stats.

I know what you are saying and Kohli as a captain should be criticized for those overseas failures. But this thread is about Kohli the batsman.

As a batsman you only look at

A) amount of runs scored.  B) if those runs helped team winning.

Kohli has both in plenty.

Edited by Austin 3:!6
13 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I know what you are saying and Kohli as a captain should be criticized for those overseas failures. But this thread is about Kohli the batsman.

As a batsman you only look at

A) amount of runs scored.  B) if those runs helped team winning.

Kohli has both in plenty.

I am not questioning his dominance as a batsman. To me in the end it is always about wins and not individual glory. I hate the culture of celebrating individuals.

6 minutes ago, Khota said:

I am not questioning his dominance as a batsman. To me in the end it is always about wins and not individual glory. I hate the culture of celebrating individuals.

Yeah but Kohli is the last batsman you can associate with soft runs. He is by far the biggest match winner with the bat India has produced. He avgs 70 odd in successful run chases. You may have a point of his failures in ICC knock-out games and I hope he fix it in coming events.

Edited by Austin 3:!6
5 hours ago, Jamadagni said:

Used to go gaga over his average and centuries. But it all means nothing if he doesn't put up good scores in knockouts and 4th innings chases overseas.

Failed in all knockout matches in 2011wc and 15wc, and though has done well overseas in tests, but fails to win matches when the going gets tough. 

In Adelaide test in 2014, choked at the end. 

In South Africa 2018, failed in 4th innings chasing in first two tests. 

In England, needed him the most in the first test and 4th test, but as usual choked. 

He got two two more tests coming up in the next one year, Australia and World Cup. Let's see what he is upto. 

So you are going to judge his entire career of over 500 matches based on few innings ? 

wth is even 4th innings chase overseas ? lol 

46 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Some people were talking about replacing Rohit with Rahul. Rahul is not even in the same ballpark as Rohit Sharma.Rohit has been just awesome along with Dhawan.

lol at overrating Rohit . Ok he dosent look bad , but which opener in world looks bad ? Even some one like Amla averages 50 at SR of 90 .

7 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Yeah but Kohli is the last batsman you can associate with soft runs. He is by far the biggest match winner with the bat India has produced. He avgs 70 odd in successful run chases. You may have a point of his failures in ICC knock-out games and I hope he fix it in coming events.

As an impact player or a match winner , hes better than the next 3 best batsmen in the world put together . 

5 hours ago, Nikola said:

His stats since 2016 are bradman kind of stats. 

He made 3000 runs in 46 innings at avg of 90+ and there isn't even anybody close to him in world. Root, Kane, Smith & Warner are no way near him.

qd0psAt.png

Dammit, Joe Root has a conversion problem even in odi formats. :--D

46 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

So you are going to judge his entire career of over 500 matches based on few innings ? 

wth is even 4th innings chase overseas ? lol 

He is a good player, very good player and an ATG. But if he wants to be remembered as one of the greatest of all time, then yes....all these things are considered and he will be judged taking all these into account. 

33 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Greatest ever Indian batsman overall and it's not even close

Best ever Indian ODI batsman alongside MSD

One of the best ever Indian test batsman alongside Dravid and Viru

Best ever Indian T20 batsman

Who are your top 10 Indian batsmen bro? You mind listing them down?

37 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Greatest ever Indian batsman overall and it's not even close

Best ever Indian ODI batsman alongside MSD

One of the best ever Indian test batsman alongside Dravid and Viru

Best ever Indian T20 batsman

Rohit Sharma is better than Dhoni and it's not even close. Dhoni is struggling in a time where there are flatter pitches, more powerplays, worse teams, two new balls so no reverse swing, and smaller boundaries. 

Edited by Laaloo