10k runs for Kohli !!!

velu

18 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Parosis are still clinging onto the straw, now saying ok agreed he is 2nd best ODI batsman after Viv :cantstop:

Yea I read there .BC they think only around Pakistan wether it's politics or cricket ,they feel like we r best in d world but really in chutiyo ki koi ijjat Ni h Kahi pe bhi ( only best in d world for spreding terrorism this point only I agree with them :phehe:)

31 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I like Viv but he is noway better than Kohli.Nobody is close to this guy.Viv had more power but that was also his downfall. Kohli greatest asset is his risk free accumulation unlike any batsman in history.

agreed .....Kohli's greatest asset is his risk free accumulation unlike any batsman in history.But cricket being a game where it all needs is a single quality ' ball' for the batsman to didcontinue thru the rest of the inns, how can you guarantee that Virat would have achieved the

same rate of success in Viv's period too??? There in lies the complete confusion & difficulty in comparing 2 great batsmen from 2 different eras...  To be more precise, Viv had that method  of his own to bloke out those frequently  coming deadly wicket taking balls at him and yet score so freely in between. That is why he became such a legendary one day batsman. Just because  Virat is so good at playing risk free cricket on high scoring batting friendly wkts, can you guarantee that his technique would have been so effective in keeping out those nasty wkt taking deliveries that came at frequent intervals and yet score so much in between?? 

7 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

agreed .....Kohli's greatest asset is his risk free accumulation unlike any batsman in history.But cricket being a game where it all needs is a single quality ' ball' for the batsman to didcontinue thru the rest of the inns, how can you guarantee that Virat would have achieved the

same rate of success in Viv's period too??? There in lies the complete confusion & difficulty in comparing 2 great batsmen from 2 different eras...  To be more precise, Viv had that method  of his own to bloke out those frequently  coming deadly wicket taking balls at him and yet score so freely in between. That is why he became such a legendary one day batsman. Just because  Virat is so good at playing risk free cricket on high scoring batting friendly wkts, can you guarantee that his technique would have been so effective in keeping out those nasty wkt taking deliveries that came at frequent intervals and yet score so much in between?? 

Kohli method will work in any era against any opposition including 1983 WI bowling attack (greatest attack in my book).Therefore you rarely see slumps from Kohli in odis, he keeps everything so simple and that is his greatest virtue. The way he decoded Malinga who was so effective against all major batsmen is just one example why he is so good.

BTW what nasty wickets did Richards play and excel?? 

Edited by putrevus
3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Kohli method will work in any era against any opposition including 1983 WI bowling attack (greatest attack in my book).Therefore you rarely see slumps from Kohli in odis, he keeps everything so simple and that is his greatest virtue. The way he decoded Malinga who was so effective against all major batsmen is just one example why he is so good.

BTW what nasty wickets did Richards play and excel?? 

Viv played in an era where 3-3.5 & 3.5-4 was the norm econ: for  quality bowlers of his time. And that in turn points to the general nastiness w.r.t batting  in those times. BTW just because you says that  'Kohli method will work in any era against any opposition including 1983 WI bowling attack (greatest attack in my book)' , how is that a  matter of proof??

And the 2nd part I agrees with ... Kohli is so consistant in scoring heavily in these much batting friendly  conditions where the frequency of a deadly wicket taking delivery  thru out an  inns in general is very lower when compared to those of Vi's times.But that doesn't provide any assurance that he  could have become proportionally successful in Viv's era too.

44 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

Viv played in an era where 3-3.5 & 3.5-4 was the norm econ: for  quality bowlers of his time. And that in turn points to the general nastiness w.r.t batting  in those times. BTW just because you says that  'Kohli method will work in any era against any opposition including 1983 WI bowling attack (greatest attack in my book)' , how is that a  matter of proof??

And the 2nd part I agrees with ... Kohli is so consistant in scoring heavily in these much batting friendly  conditions where the frequency of a deadly wicket taking delivery  thru out an  inns in general is very lower when compared to those of Vi's times.But that doesn't provide any assurance that he  could have become proportionally successful in Viv's era too.

Viv was scoring in era for 3.5 becuase that is what they could do, game has evolved, I don't see what attacks which Viv faced were better than what Kohli is facing today.

Did I offer any proof, all I said that 1983 attack is greatest in my book, I never asked you to take it as proof.

What assurance can you give that Viv Richards will succeed in this era.It is all matter of opinion thats all.

Edited by putrevus
9 hours ago, putrevus said:

Viv was scoring in era for 3.5 becuase that is what they could do, game has evolved, I don't see what attacks which Viv faced were better than what Kohli is facing today.

Did I offer any proof, all I said that 1983 attack is greatest in my book, I never asked you to take it as proof.

What assurance can you give that Viv Richards will succeed in this era.It is all matter of opinion thats all.

it is only a matter of simple  common sense to  realize that  when 3-3.5-4 was the  general bowling econ: norm ,   batsmen  would have found it generally  lot more  tougher( to achieve high  avg:es and str: rates) than 5-5.5-6  econ: norm as it is seen today.Then why are you asking these questions like  'what attacks which Viv faced were better than what Kohli is facing today.'????

yes...  I do not have the audacity to say that had Viv batted in these conditions , he would have been definitely better than Virat in the same way as you claims that 'Virat definitely is a better batsman than Viv' .

yes it is all matter of opinions.

Edited by rtmohanlal
it is only a matter of simple  common sense to  realize that  when 3-3.5-4 was the  general bowling econ: norm ,   batsmen  would have found it generally  lot more  tougher( to achieve high  avg:es and str: rates) than 5-5.5-6  econ: norm as it is seen today.Then why are you asking these questions like  'what attacks which Viv faced were better than what Kohli is facing today.'????
yes...  I do not have the audacity to say that had Viv batted in these conditions , he would have been definitely better than Virat in the same way as you claims that 'Virat definitely is a better batsman than Viv' .
yes it is all matter of opinions.

I claim Kohli as better because his game is built on running between the wickets and playing strokes along the ground.

That part of the game has not changed it does not what economy rates are prevalent Kohli will be be able to bat close to his SR.

36 100s vs 11 100s in comparable number of matches is huge difference. I don’t care who it is scoring hundreds like Kohli is doing is beyond compare. Viv never faced his own attack.

It was not due great bowlers or bowling conditions economy rates were now but it was due to mindset of batsmen.

Kapil scored 36 ball 72 against this same West Indies in 1983 and had career SR of 98 playing in same era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
14 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I claim Kohli as better because his game is built on running between the wickets and playing strokes along the ground.

That part of the game has not changed it does not what economy rates are prevalent Kohli will be be able to bat close to his SR.

36 100s vs 11 100s in comparable number of matches is huge difference. I don’t care who it is scoring hundreds like Kohli is doing is beyond compare. Viv never faced his own attack.

It was not due great bowlers or bowling conditions economy rates were now but it was due to mindset of batsmen.

Kapil scored 36 ball 72 against this same West Indies in 1983 and had career SR of 98 playing in same era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but i oppose your claim because   a batsman needs  great defence technique and  his own related  method  to with stand the quality deliveries that frequently comes at him as was the case with  Viv's times. That means mere survival itself was a big task those days as the general econ: norm of 3-3.5-4  shows .Then only one can  even dare to play  strokes along the ground. So the basic criteria itself was so different back then when compared to that of now a days.That being the case it is  senseless to compare number of 100s of both these players.

Kapil scored  because he was such a naturally talented batsman.

So the basic matter is  it is your personnel choice to consider who ever as the better batsman, but your reasons for the same cannot be accepted as such

59 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

but i oppose your claim because   a batsman needs  great defence technique and  his own related  method  to with stand the quality deliveries that frequently comes at him as was the case with  Viv's times. That means mere survival itself was a big task those days as the general econ: norm of 3-3.5-4  shows .Then only one can  even dare to play  strokes along the ground. So the basic criteria itself was so different back then when compared to that of now a days.That being the case it is  senseless to compare number of 100s of both these players.

Kapil scored  because he was such a naturally talented batsman.

So the basic matter is  it is your personnel choice to consider who ever as the better batsman, but your reasons for the same cannot be accepted as such

I am not asking you to accept my claim. 

If Kapil could score at that high SR no offense to Kapil I am his biggest fan Kohli could easily score at 85 plus SR without breaking sweat.

We are comparing Bradman to all other batsmen even though he played his last match over 70 years ago why becuase he was that good in that era , any good batsmen in their era will succeed in any era. Viv along with Sachin will be legends even if they played now likewise Kohli has game to adapt to any conditions against any bowling attack. Your claim that he is scoring 100s just becuase of playing conditions and lack of good bowlers is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

I am not asking you to accept my claim. 

If Kapil could score at that high SR no offense to Kapil I am his biggest fan Kohli could easily score at 85 plus SR without breaking sweat.

We are comparing Bradman to all other batsmen even though he played his last match over 70 years ago why becuase he was that good in that era , any good batsmen in their era will succeed in any era. Viv along with Sachin will be legends even if they played now likewise Kohli has game to adapt to any conditions against any bowling attack. Your claim that he is scoring 100s just becuase of playing conditions and lack of good bowlers is ridiculous.

you are making things of your own.... I just maintain that Kohli would have far lesser stats  in those much tougher batting conditions.

That's all .Naturally that would affect his no: of 100s too.Nor do I question Kohli's greatness. Nor do I question your choice of order w.r.t these batsmen . The only matter that I question are the reasons for your conclusions which i can't agree with.