Hinduphobic Bollywood

Laaloo

I happen to come across this interview and I think this interview to a large extent explains where this so called"hinduphobia" is coming from. Watch from 20 min onwards. 1) Varun Grover is extremely talented 2) This is best interviewer in India by a proverbial mile. 3) It is guilt. Guilt of the so called "privileged" class. 

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

Valid point but a simple search here will show you that i am far more critical of Islam than Hinduism because it is a far more evil a religion. 

Edited 1 hour ago by Muloghonto

This is not about you , it is about Anti religion leftists of India.Two states that were controlled by them are West Bengal and Kerala.Ideally all type right wing religious activity should had been curved but what happened was Muslim population and fundamentalism increased in those states while Hindu's decreased.Now in this scenario who will trust them.

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

There are plenty of atheists from other religions too. Infact, most de-converted atheists in the world are actually former christians. 

No, we are perfectly aware of Christian attrocities, even being committed today. Christians are more tolerant of criticism of their religion. Thats a fact. Here papers can and do print opinion pieces from readers (the page where readers get to write a short letter to the editor) calling Mary a cheater (blamed god for impregnating her when it was the milk-man), some even insinuate Jesus was gay, etc. 
Print those in India and start calling Krishna a philanderer or something and Hindus start rioting. 

Um, critiquing christianity in the west is far, far more easily done than any other religion anywhere else.

No, because other religions fundamentally dont respect each other. Tolerance means 'i disagree with you but i respect your right to believe in the nonsense that you do'. Respect is earned, not given and religions have done jack $hit to earn it from the people of 21st century.

Obviously, you don't read much. In India, there are politicians like Karunanidhi and parties who said there is no Ram and yet, they faced nothing negative. That's a testament to Hindu tolerance.  Now if another politician says no God for the other religions whether in India or US, I can assure they will be kicked out.  It's easy for you to pick obscure examples but in India , mainstream is full of Hinduphobia. Next, where is the Indian or African critique of west? It's really non-existent as there aren't any takers there. Instead we see whitewashing of history like how natives Americans were uncivilized, full of crimes and thus west try to justify their brutal genocides. That's what I mean by atrocity literature and our country today is full of it together with the burden of past and being made to feel guilty every day.

Tolerance is insignificant, as you are just tolerating them to a certain point.  Many people from other religions may say good things, and talk about tolerance but then dig deeper. So if one says he believes in reincarnation, idol worship, will they accept it? I can assure you that they don't. They may take prasad from mandir, yet for them the only way for salvation is their god. We don't have that as dharmic religions are based on sameness, where all religions are same and not exclusive.

Edited by someone

2 minutes ago, someone said:

Obviously, you don't read much. In India, there are politicians like Karunanidhi and parties who said there is no Ram and yet, they faced nothing negative. That's a testament to Hindu tolerance. 

Who said he faced nothing negative ? there are plenty of paper articles even in bengali papers which carried a negative story on this dude. 

And politicians ? i am talking about REGULAR PEOPLE printing or publishing a religious opinion. 

Now if another politician says no God for the other religions whether in India or US, I can assure they will be kicked out. 

You are not just ignorant, but also an idiot. US has a few openly declared atheist senators. 

It's easy for you to pick obscure examples but in India , mainstream is full of Hinduphobia.

No, it isn't. 

Tolerance is insignificant, as you are just tolerating them to a certain point.  Many people from other religions may say good things, and talk about tolerance but then dig deeper. So if one says he believes in reincarnation, idol worship, will they accept it? I can assure you that they don't. They may take prasad from mandir, yet for them the only way for salvation is their god. We don't have that as dharmic religions are based on sameness, where all religions are same and not exclusive.

Tolerance is not acceptance of ideas, tolerance is simply the notion that others can hold different ideas and thats fine even if you disagree with their ideas. 

1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

You agreed with me that scriptures have never been  tinkered with, As I said scriptures never talk about a caste as a basis of arranging population by hierarchy. So At this point, calling you naive would be a compliment, You have the audacity to call a religion and sect of people as close- minded when you have been pretty rigid and not even flexible with your views when you have no idea about either current affairs or for the matter of fact Hindu scriptures. Sorry you have lost all credibility on this topic. “This topic” being the keyword as I will be flexible enough and not as biased as you to hope you come through on other debates.

You are wasting your time.  Many of our people learn about India and Hinduism from the west, so full of distortions and biases. It's big issue as we are the only country where if one has to learn about ourselves, they get a degree from some western place. We don't own our own studies, and have to look at the west to understand ourselves each time. That's the deep inferior complex.

5 minutes ago, someone said:

You are wasting your time.  Many of our people learn about India and Hinduism from the west, so full of distortions and biases. It's big issue as we are the only country where if one has to learn about ourselves, they get a degree from some western place. We don't own our own studies, and have to look at the west to understand ourselves each time. That's the deep inferior complex.

Except i didn't learn hinduism from the west- i used to be a hindu, come from a hindu family, was hindu growing up and still see the kind of crap hindus do to each other. 

As for not owning our own studies - maybe if we started to have an actual scientific methodology in these fields we'd have some credibility. Not to mention, Indian non-science topics are a cesspit of stupids and university rejects who got rejected from Engineering/Business/med school. The developed countries have far richer education in arts and history is because people here go take those topics not because they failed to get into other lucrative topics, but because they wanted to. As a result, the historians from the developed countries generally are smarter than their indian counterparts.

Also, there is no inferiority complex in adopting a superior system. Japan did it just fine. The insecurity-trope raising hinduvtas wont get very far with this either.

Edited by Muloghonto

6 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Who said he faced nothing negative ? there are plenty of paper articles even in bengali papers which carried a negative story on this dude. 

And politicians ? i am talking about REGULAR PEOPLE printing or publishing a religious opinion. 

You are not just ignorant, but also an idiot. US has a few openly declared atheist senators. 

No, it isn't. 

Tolerance is not acceptance of ideas, tolerance is simply the notion that others can hold different ideas and thats fine even if you disagree with their ideas. 

Karunanidhi didn't even need to apologize for abusing Hindu gods. That's the tolerance here of Hindus, whereas had it been about other religions, it would have resulted in riots, tons of apologies. And those critiquing west or Christianity don't get the local mainstream coverage or support. Whereas in India, our mainstream is full of Hinduphobic people.

Tolerance is a bogus idea, as it's based on the principle that's it is temporary. Say if tomorrow, a community number changes (increases), there won't be any tolerance. That's why it's mutual respect is key as it's permanent and dharmic religions are based on it.

56 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Except i didn't learn hinduism from the west- i used to be a hindu, come from a hindu family, was hindu growing up and still see the kind of crap hindus do to each other. 

As for not owning our own studies - maybe if we started to have an actual scientific methodology in these fields we'd have some credibility. Not to mention, Indian non-science topics are a cesspit of stupids and university rejects who got rejected from Engineering/Business/med school. The developed countries have far richer education in arts and history is because people here go take those topics not because they failed to get into other lucrative topics, but because they wanted to. As a result, the historians from the developed countries generally are smarter than their indian counterparts.

Also, there is no inferiority complex in adopting a superior system. Japan did it just fine. The insecurity-trope raising hinduvtas wont get very far with this either.

So this all good things of the world came from west is bogus. We are now seeing it with Yoga on how some western scholars are saying it was invented in their place. Then take some cognitive science or energy healing, and how west have not given credit for its origins and our local knowledge. And there are pagans and other Asian cultures examples as well. There is a theory called digestion by the west which explains all this well.

Now, that's the good things, but what about the bad things? How where one system has full of atrocities, genocides and yet you foolishly call it superior. That's the whitewashing and erasing of history, which I have been talking here.

Edited by someone

33 minutes ago, someone said:

Karunanidhi didn't even need to apologize for abusing Hindu gods. That's the tolerance here of Hindus, whereas had it been about other religions, it would have resulted in riots, tons of apologies.

Maybe in India. In the more developed world, anyone can say anything about Christianity and get away with it and has. 

As i said, Christians, generally speaking, are the most tolerant of all religious people when it comes to outsiders making fun of their religion. 

And those critiquing west or Christianity don't get the local mainstream coverage or support. Whereas in India, our mainstream is full of Hinduphobic people.

Err, they most certainly do. We have national news channels, magazines etc. carry atheist articles and academic critique of the story of nativity all the time. Far ahead of India in this regard. 

Tolerance is a bogus idea, as it's based on the principle that's it is temporary.

There is nothing temporary in the notion that ' you believe in Garbage but i shall defend your right to believe what you want to believe'. 

Say if tomorrow, a community number changes (increases), there won't be any tolerance. That's why it's mutual respect is key as it's permanent and dharmic religions are based on it.

Sorry, but to respect something, you have to earn the respect. As time goes on, religions of all kinds are losing respect, not gaining respect, because they were written by people so ignorant of the universe that even our children know more than those sages and prophets now. 
Tolerance is an idea that India needs to learn from western liberals, ironically, since India invented tolerance but is now busy forgetting it.

9 minutes ago, someone said:

So this all good things of the world came from west is bogus.

Nobody said all good things in the world came from the west. Again, that is your inferiority complex talking. Many good things came from the west as well as the east and its up to us to recognize it, minus all the inferiority complex of race/culture etc and adopt it for our betterment. 

We are now seeing it with Yoga on how some western scholars are saying it was invented in their place.

Stop making up nonsense, nobody says Yoga is western. 

Then take some cognitive science or energy healing, and how west have not given credit for its origins and our local knowledge.

Meh. The western versions are more advanced and scientific than the eastern versions. Either way, energy healing is a BS concept. 

And there are pagans and other Asian cultures examples as well. There is a theory called digestion by the west which explains all this well.

Now, that's the good things, but what about the bad things? How where one system has full of atrocities, genocides and yet you foolishly call it superior. That's the whitewashing and erasing of history, which I have been talking here.

It is a superior education system and a set of values that are far more congruent with the modern world. Just that simple. 

As i said, stop being so insecure chip-on-the-shoulder and follow Japan's example. They were prouder than your ancestors and yet when they came across a superior system (western education, economics and social system), they adopted it and retained their culture. 

This is because most Indians who 'care' about India are not patriots but nationalists, while most Japanese i've come across who care about Japan are patriots but not nationalists. 

Whether you like it or not, the simple reality is, not all Hindu ideals are correct or even good and those that are not, need to be discarded. Caste is one such idea. 

Edited by Muloghonto

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Maybe in India. In the more developed world, anyone can say anything about Christianity and get away with it and has. 

As i said, Christians, generally speaking, are the most tolerant of all religious people when it comes to outsiders making fun of their religion. 

Err, they most certainly do. We have national news channels, magazines etc. carry atheist articles and academic critique of the story of nativity all the time. Far ahead of India in this regard. 

There is nothing temporary in the notion that ' you believe in Garbage but i shall defend your right to believe what you want to believe'. 

Sorry, but to respect something, you have to earn the respect. As time goes on, religions of all kinds are losing respect, not gaining respect, because they were written by people so ignorant of the universe that even our children know more than those sages and prophets now. 
Tolerance is an idea that India needs to learn from western liberals, ironically, since India invented tolerance but is now busy forgetting it.

Give me some names of eminent people in public life there who have abuse Christianity and gotten away freely and even without apologizing? Find me a equalivant case of Karunanidhi. There really aren't any in today times.

There isn't any mainstream market in the west for whose critiquing Christianity. There is good freedom in west to allow all opinions including atheism but that's doesn't mean open bashing of its religion. Whereas, in India we happily take and promote the hostile views of some obscure western scholars on us.

And you talking about earning respect is laughable as you yourself foolishly keep calling one as superior.  So when you yourself don't believe in equality, you clearly can't get respect.

41 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Nobody said all good things in the world came from the west. Again, that is your inferiority complex talking. Many good things came from the west as well as the east and its up to us to recognize it, minus all the inferiority complex of race/culture etc and adopt it for our betterment. 

Stop making up nonsense, nobody says Yoga is western. 

Meh. The western versions are more advanced and scientific than the eastern versions. Either way, energy healing is a BS concept. 

It is a superior education system and a set of values that are far more congruent with the modern world. Just that simple. 

As i said, stop being so insecure chip-on-the-shoulder and follow Japan's example. They were prouder than your ancestors and yet when they came across a superior system (western education, economics and social system), they adopted it and retained their culture. 

This is because most Indians who 'care' about India are not patriots but nationalists, while most Japanese i've come across who care about Japan are patriots but not nationalists. 

Whether you like it or not, the simple reality is, not all Hindu ideals are correct or even good and those that are not, need to be discarded. Caste is one such idea. 

Again you don't read enough. You just read and believe the positive things of the west while brainwashed in ignoring the bad things and whitewashing of history . You see just ignoring a problem, doesn't make the problem disappear. Things like Christian Yoga and Aveda are examples of the digestion which I wrote earlier.

And odd that you keep mentioning Japan. They have struck with their own identity and haven't embraced Christianity. There are reasons for that, and you should read more to understand it. Like Japan has it's own identity, we ought to have our own, not be some second class white man like one of our ex PM was proud about.

Edited by someone

23 minutes ago, someone said:

Give me some names of eminent people in public life there who have abuse Christianity and gotten away freely and even without apologizing? Find me a equalivant case of Karunanidhi. There really aren't any in today times.

Um. Many. Richard Dawkins has gone on national TV and said Jesus story is bullshit. So has Christopher Hitchens. Steven Fry. The list is huge. 

There isn't any mainstream market in the west for whose critiquing Christianity. There is good freedom in west to allow all opinions including atheism but that's doesn't mean open bashing of its religion. Whereas, in India we happily take and promote the hostile views of some obscure western scholars on us.

Stop spreading blatant falsehoods. We have prime-time tv channels such as CNN or BBC showing debate between Steven Fry and Archbishop where Steven Fry calls the Christian God a psychopath. On prime television. 
India is far behind the west when it comes to criticizing ANY religion. 

And you talking about earning respect is laughable as you yourself foolishly keep calling one as superior.  So when you yourself don't believe in equality, you clearly can't get respect.

Western education is superior. This is why the whole world has that superior model of education. I don't care about the respect angle, because no-body respects another religion except their own anyways. 

Again you don't read enough. You just read and believe the positive things of the west while brainwashed in ignoring the bad things and whitewashing of history . You see just ignoring a problem, doesn't make the problem disappear. Things like Christian Yoga and Aveda are examples of the digestion which I wrote earlier.

False accusation again. There is far more literature in the west about the genocide of the natives than there is in India about the genocidal Hindu kings of the south. 

As per ignoring a problem doesnt make it disappear, i suggest you take the same approach to the problems in hinduism like caste nonsense.

And odd that you keep mentioning Japan. They have struck with their own identity and haven't embraced Christianity. There are reasons for that, and you should read more to understand it. Like Japan has it's own identity, we ought to have our own, not be some second class white man like one of our ex PM was proud about.

They havn't embraced Christianity. but they have embraced western liberalism, western education and western economics. They know a superior system when they see one. Your notion of own identity is to trash education and create alternate fictional history to suit your ego. As i said, Japan has plenty of patriots, India just has plenty of nationalists. Big difference. Nationalists are to patriots what prostitutes are to a wife. 

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Um. Many. Richard Dawkins has gone on national TV and said Jesus story is bull****. So has Christopher Hitchens. Steven Fry. The list is huge. 

Stop spreading blatant falsehoods. We have prime-time tv channels such as CNN or BBC showing debate between Steven Fry and Archbishop where Steven Fry calls the Christian God a psychopath. On prime television. 
India is far behind the west when it comes to criticizing ANY religion. 

Western education is superior. This is why the whole world has that superior model of education. I don't care about the respect angle, because no-body respects another religion except their own anyways. 

Public life, you cant find any names of any eminent politicians there who abused Christianity and got away freely. And please try to talk about human rights violations, religions freedom issues to the west, there arent many takers mainstream. Thats why there is a apt term called united states of amnesia 

And you keep shifting goalposts, nobody mentioned about western education. Any good things of any cultures we should use but we also know their bad things and horrible history.

7 minutes ago, someone said:

Public life, you cant find any names of any eminent politicians there who abused Christianity and got away freely. 

There are plenty of politicians here who are self-declared atheists.  Saying there are no politicians here who got away for abusing religion is like saying there are no politicians here who got away with hurling a shoe or chappal in the Parliament. 

Screw your emminent politicans who do hold all the power, the west has already shown its far more tolerant than India when it comes to self-critique by letting average people on national tv criticize their religion.

When your Yogi Adityanath or whomever can go on national tv and debate an atheist, where the atheist throws mud at Krishna or Ram and the Hindus dont freak out, then you can talk. 

And please try to talk about human rights violations, religions freedom issues to the west, there arent many takers mainstream. Thats why there is a apt term called united states of amnesia 

You are talking straight out of your rear end now. The west has far greater religious freedoms than anywhere else on the planet. 

And you keep shifting goalposts, nobody mentioned about western education. Any good things of any cultures we should use but we also know their bad things and horrible history.

Then get on with using their education, social and economic systems, instead of throwing shades at anyone who disagrees with the demented hinduvta revisionist history as 'western chapraasis'. 

None of these obfuscations will change the fact that hinduism still has pervasive caste problems and hinduism needs to be hammered on this topic till caste is just a faded memory. 

8 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

There are plenty of politicians here who are self-declared atheists.  Saying there are no politicians here who got away for abusing religion is like saying there are no politicians here who got away with hurling a shoe or chappal in the Parliament. 

Screw your emminent politicans who do hold all the power, the west has already shown its far more tolerant than India when it comes to self-critique by letting average people on national tv criticize their religion.

When your Yogi Adityanath or whomever can go on national tv and debate an atheist, where the atheist throws mud at Krishna or Ram and the Hindus dont freak out, then you can talk. 

You are talking straight out of your rear end now. The west has far greater religious freedoms than anywhere else on the planet. 

Then get on with using their education, social and economic systems, instead of throwing shades at anyone who disagrees with the demented hinduvta revisionist history as 'western chapraasis'. 

None of these obfuscations will change the fact that hinduism still has pervasive caste problems and hinduism needs to be hammered on this topic till caste is just a faded memory. 

So you can't find any names of any politicians who abuse Christianity and got away freely. And instead, have written a random rant. My point is completely validated that in our our leaders can freely abusing Hindu gods , while no leaders can abuse the other religions.

The West is full of double standards. Try making a movie, or hosting events about their genocides, atrocities, oppression, you will not get far as there aren't many takers. Whereas we have likes of Romila Thapar in mainstream and leading our education, narrative through distortions and biases.  Whitewash and erasing of history is deep rooted there. Cultural genocides violates religions freedom. We have our own problems of , but will need our own solutions. There is exploitation and west themselves are part of it where they prey and convert our weak people today.

And please check the doctrine of christian discovery, where anything discovered by Christians belongs to them. So be in property, land and valuables.  So like Columbus discovered America, like if the native Americans never discovered themselves.

Edited by someone

43 minutes ago, someone said:

So you can't find any names of any politicians who abuse Christianity and got away freely. And instead, have written a random rant. My point is completely validated that in our our leaders can freely abusing Hindu gods , while no leaders can abuse the other religions.

And you can't find me ANY single program on national TV in India where hinduism is insulted by common people in debate with a hindu Sadhu. Already plenty of examples of such cited. It means a lot more for freedom of expression when its broadcast on national prime-time TV in a debate, than a random politician making statements and then excuses. 

The West is full of double standards. Try making a movie, or hosting events about their genocides, atrocities, oppression, you will not get far as there aren't many takers.

They have plenty of such movies and TV shows. 

Whereas we have likes of Romila Thapar in mainstream and leading our education, narrative through distortions and biases. 

Just because you dont like her conclusions doesn't make it biassed. 

Whitewash and erasing of history is deep rooted there. Cultural genocides violates religions freedom. We have our own problems of , but will need our own solutions. There is exploitation and west themselves are part of it where they prey and convert our weak people today.

Your own solutions ? Pffft. for thousands of years it has plagued India. Time to bring it more to focus and work to rid this evil. Doesn't matter if its an Indian person or a Japanese person or an alien who ends casteism - it has to go and it will be a victory for people when such nonsense is removed from society. 

You have some serious chip on your shoulder if you think people's suffering of religious injustices should not be commented on by 'outsiders'. This is classic example of how nationalism (pride in actions you played no part in) is such an evil concept and Indians are sadly lacking PATRIOTISM (Doing whats best for the people of the nation). 

As i said, your type of insecure hindus need to learn from the Japanese on how to adapt to a newer, superior paradigm, instead of trying to turn the clock back because it wasn't invented by someone you like. When Japan found its Bushido custom- thousand+ years old, well and truly inferior to western humanism, they chucked that part of their culture out. Time for you to make the same realization and chuck the rotten parts of hinduism (such as casteism) out completely, instead of making excuses.