Aussies are heading the Westindies route

3 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Aren't they current world champions?

They had best test in world.

Fastest bowler in world.

They won 1 match in India and 2 in England last time. India won 0 in Aus and 1 in England.

WI in the late 90s and early 2000s too were winning here and there. Didn’t they draw a series in India in early 2000’s and win a series against Srilanka against Murali and co and CT in 2004? far from their dominant days of 70s and 80s.

They had the 2nd best batsman of that generation, 2 ATG bowlers and Chanderpaul one of the most underrated players of all time.

They had issues were the rest of the positions that were tried were just not good enough. They had a wicket keeper problem too. The remaining players would be random players with bang average FC records or recall of some tired and tested failures like Simmons, Lambert, junior Murray etc.

Similarly Aussies too have Smith,Warner,Starc-Hazelwood but rest are just randomly thrown together on taiunt and not good enough or recalling likes of Siddle and Cameron White.

People are missing the context I am not saying Aus are as bad as current day WI. All

I am saying is the pattern is similar to when WI started their down turn.

WI is also the most successful T20 team of all time with 2 WT20s, doesn’t mask their issues.

Edited by Global.Baba
24 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

It's a shame really. Only WorldClass player in the team atm is Starc. Unfortunate that both Warner and Smith is still out.

Went from players like Gilchrist to Tim pain. 

Gilly, MSD are once a generation type W/K.

However, Once Smith and Warner are back, Aussies will dominate. Their chance in WC-19 is still same as India with England as favourites

1 hour ago, SUMO said:

Australia is at lowest point atm still they have fearsome attack which didnt have throughout history. They have worlds best test spinner in lyon as well.

Just the batting is letting down but once smith warner comes it will be decent.

They are only gonna go upwards from here.

Their bowling is overrated. Starc is a ODI ATG but underwhelming in tests. 

Hazelwood is a good test bowler.

Lyon is good but nothing out of the world. He is no better than Ashwin to be honest. Probably uses less intelligence and I mean that in a good way because our super intelligent Ashwin tries a new delivery every ball while Lyon just puts the ball in the right areas.

Cummins too is decent but not unplayable

Backups are bang average.

In Australia it is pretty much Smith and Warner who can make the difference.

We saw when Pakistani or England toured them, these 2 literally batted the opposition out of the game even though these teams did put up

decent scores.

4 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Lyon is good but nothing out of the world. He is no better than Ashwin to be honest. Probably uses less intelligence and I mean that in a good way because our super intelligent Ashwin tries a new delivery every ball while Lyon just puts the ball in the right areas.

We saw when Pakistani or England toured them, these 2 literally batted the opposition out of the game even though these teams did put up

decent scores.

They are not ATGs yet but together they better than our best ever attack IMO

4 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

decent scores.

Agree on most part but cummins will be very good bowler in coming days. Right now he is real threat for India i guess along with Lyon (Who is way better than overrated ashwin)

Smith and Warner both are overrated in LOIs. Particularly Smith.  He has always been ordinary in LOIs (although extraordinary in tests). Post 2015 WC, Aussies hv a terrible LOI record. They had started heading towards the Windies rout even with the presence of these two players.  From now on, they will regress further as they have very poor domestic structure with no upcoming talent. Ricky Pointing admitted the same in a recent interview.

40 minutes ago, Jamadagni said:

Their backups for backup pacers are better than our first choice bowlers like Bhuvi, our middle order is worse than theirs, their top order of Warner/Finch/Smith in England would be more or less same as ours....now tell me is India also going the West Indies route? 

Disagree here. Rayudu,Pandey, DK,Jadhav and even Dhoni are more reliable than guys like Lynn,Maxwell, Carey,Paine,M.Marsh etc etc.

Yes we might hate on our players because we think there are better options out there but no way they are worse than some of the hacks playing for Aussies these days.

Fast Bowling I will kind of agree there.

Edited by Global.Baba
On 11/4/2018 at 11:08 PM, Nikola said:

Agree on most part but cummins will be very good bowler in coming days. Right now he is real threat for India i guess along with Lyon (Who is way better than overrated ashwin)

On talent alone Ashwin is way better. However Lyon is a good bowler who like every succeful bowler knows his limitations and is consistent.

Ashwin on the other hand acts over smart and pays for it.

7 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Disagree here. Rayudu,Pandey, DK,Jadhav and even Dhoni are more reliable than guys like Lynn,Maxwell, Carey,Paine,M.Marsh etc etc.

Yes we might hate on our players because we think there are better options out there but no way they are worse than some of the hacks playing for Aussies these days.

Fast Bowling I will kind of agree there.

On those flat tracks in England, I'd bet on Maxwell to win more games than Dhoni and Rayudu. Remember Maxwell was the best batsman of Australia in WC15. Agree that Lynn and Short are hacks. They do have some good reliable batsmen like Shaun Marsh, who in ODIs, is better than any of our middle order batsman. And there's Khawaja too if they feel the team needs more reliability. Head is also in the mix. Don't think Lynn or short would make the XI in wc19. Australia are using these matches to test out everyone in the absence of Smith and Warner. 

Rayudu/Jadhav/Dhoni/Pandya 

vs 

S Marsh/Khawaja(or Stonis) /Maxwell/Carey

Now choose yours.....