Do not know why I was not picked for remaining ODIs against West Indies: Kedar Jadhav

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/kedar-jadhav-selection-india-vs-west-indies-2018-5418690/

“I did not know this,” said Jadhav when asked if there was any communication over his selection for the remaining three games against the West Indies.

“Let’s see. You are the first one to tell me this. I need to see why they have not picked me. I don’t know what the plan is now that I am not there in the team. Probably, I will be playing the Ranji Trophy,” said the 33-year-old from Pune.

“Rehab was good. I passed all the tests and came here match fit. It is all fine. Obviously, it hurts when you are in form and get injured. It creates uncertainty on when you will get the next opportunity. And when you comeback, you have to start from scratch again as you end up missing a lot of matches. It hurts but you have to accept it and move on.”

“You can’t be cautious when you play. Till the time you don’t meet all the fitness criteria, the NCA people will not clear you. As long as they clear you, you should not be having doubts on the field. That is what why I don’t hold myself back (even when it comes to diving on the field),” said Jadhav, giving an insight into his state of mind.

“Also, it is very important to be honest with the physio. Then only they can give you the right feedback. You cannot hide things from physios and trainers, else you will only get exposed,” Jadhav said.

This self entitlement attitude among Indian cricketers is becoming nauseating now.

'I dont know why I wasnt picked'- abey BC the reason you werent picked is because you were;

1. Unfit and not deemed ready to play or

2. Out of form

3. Or you just plain ugly ( that was a joke btw)

I mean this is a recent phenomena of cricketers complaining to the media over their non selection. You are just ATHLETES! No one owes you anything. You are here to just play. You get picked if you are good enough and you wont if you arent in form. Simple.

I would dare to think if any cricketer 15-20 years ago would have dared to speak out against the selection committee 

TBF he's old enough or special enough to be not be picked as we have younger players like Shaw and Gill that deserve this place. However Chuski mafia has made sure that there is a retirement club in indian LOI teams for TTFs. God help this team at the WC

3 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

Yeah even I was surprised by his exclusion . These noobs called "selectors" are just playing merry go round with some ttf and middle order players .worst selectors I have ever seen ,I mean on what account was jadeja called back in the squad lol 

His fitness is unreliable. Jadhav is mediocre but respect that he always punches above his weight but having said that just cannot he relied about to last long.

17 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Wow if he was fully fit and not selected then big big question mark on selectors here, I thought he did decent in Asia cup to seal his spot.

Two things are possible here 

Either selectors want to check his fitness by making him play in domestics

Or sir jadeja has stolen his spot permanently, youguys be the judge.

Jadeja hasnt taken his place.  Jadeja is playing in place of Pandya.  Pant in place of Jadhav.

4 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

His fitness is unreliable. Jadhav is mediocre but respect that he always punches above his weight but having said that just cannot he relied about to last long.

Even I believe he is average and not a long term solution for the middle order but the point is irrational selections by the selectors,I mean why did they drop jhadav after the Asia cup? because I thought he justified his selection according to the selection criteria of the current selectors 

17 minutes ago, Moochad said:

Only if they replaced him with Krunal or another all rounder with power hitting would this make sense, replacing him with jadeja is a net loss. Jadhav is better with teh bat and ball than Jadeja, but Jadeja is a better fielder. 

Jadeja is not replaced with Jadhav. Pant is.  Jadeja came in place of Pandya.