Twitter concludes Kohli's 10k ODI runs are still the second best after Sachin's 10k runs !!!

velu

4 hours ago, velu said:

Sachin fans used algebra , trigonometry , arithmetic progression , geometric progression , integral calculus , differential calculus , probability  , polynomials , quadratic equations , matrices , vectors , pythagoras theorem , eulers theorem , newtons laws ,  shortest path algorithm , yet to be published @beetle ji theorem , .. , ...  and last but not the least Theory of Relativity. 

Reminds me of your threads on Dhoni's attributes and his contribution to the Indian team these days  :p:

11 minutes ago, Number said:

They had Murlitharan whose avg in 98-00 is close around 22-23. 

Ab bolne ka kuch bhi bol do but seriously clubbing that SL with Kenya,Zim is not fair.

but that 99 murli was not the same threat or same Murli. may be for non-sc teams, he was but we used to play him for fun.  only once he started chucking and bowled doosra, he became a dangerous bowler.

I don't think anyone is ever going to debate Sachin's greatness. He started playing when we were mediocre and he really set his own standards and he has done some amazing things which will never be repeated. 

Like Kohli he greatly improved himself as he grew.

But people who are quick to jump on Kohli's achievement and trying to somehow reduce it irritate me. Not everything is about comparing with Sachin.  While recency clouds some of our view nostalgia also colors things more positively that they actually were. 

You look at someone like Pele dribbling the field and scoring but do not see how less physical and slow and less fit the defenders are. Similarly with Batting earlier. Bowling and fielding has also evolved with more variety.

While ODI scores have gone up a lot, Test batting in my opinion is still as difficult with home teams now preparing lot more favorable pitches to suit their own bowlers. 

I feel evolution of Kohli as a Test batsman is really fascinating. From being considered not suitable for the format to challenging the very best it has been a remarkable transformation. 

4 hours ago, velu said:

Sachin fans used algebra , trigonometry , arithmetic progression , geometric progression , integral calculus , differential calculus , probability  , polynomials , quadratic equations , matrices , vectors , pythagoras theorem , eulers theorem , newtons laws ,  shortest path algorithm , yet to be published @beetle ji theorem , .. , ...  and last but not the least Theory of Relativity. 

source.gif

@sscomp32  hope you are not missing it :p: 

Anyway i am done. I give up. Sachin's 10k runs are better than kohli's.

Ab bahar ki gandagi bhi yahan aa kar pehla raha hai. Not enough trolling here, collect all the dirt from the internet and post that sh** here

Putting down of these two greats goes both ways.

SRT's detractors use Kohli to deride SRT's achievements, in defense SRT fans come up with the difference in quality of bowlers and bowling. Which most would agree is much inferior today.

Edited by Number
3 minutes ago, Number said:

Putting down of these two greats goes both ways.

SRT's detractors use Kohli to deride SRT's achievements, in defense SRT fans come up with the difference in quality of bowlers and bowling. Which most would agree is much inferior today.

SRT was a great player but he was not better than Kohli. It is not an insult to SRT when someone says Kohli was better , it is just a compliment to Kohli who has exceeded a great batsman like SRT.