The Indian pace bowling depth.

S_pace

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

Ofcourse there's no dearth of good bowlers. However, one must realize the pattern here. Very select bowlers like Shardul and CHahar are being given chance, which means the selectors are prepping us for these medium pacers. No way the other bowlers will be given chance, unless something dramatic happens. We still have decent bowlers in Siraj, Saini . Even Khejrolia , Mavi, Avesh. but they wont be included.

Mostly, Thakur, Chahar and Khaleel will be in the team apart from Bumrah, Bhuvi, Shami/Umesh.

But none of those seems like a standout bowler like Shaheen Afridi. Maybe Saini is? 

2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

What is Shaheen Afridi? Mavi and Nagarkotti are way better than him. Saini looks better to me and even Khaleel will overtake him in the next 1-2 yrs.

15 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Lol standout in what did you see him bowl beside mavi and nagar ? And those two cant get into Indian side.

No, they're not better. 

Pace - Nagarkoti is ahead. But Shaheen does bowl 140+ consistently. 

Height - Shaheen. 

Accuracy - Shaheen 

Injury free - Shaheen

Bounce - Shaheen 

Mavi was regularly smacked for fun in the IPL while Shaheen proved himself in his first season in the PSL. He had figures like 5/4 in his very second match. Yes 5 wickets! I watched that spell. It was the most impressive spell I've seen bowled by a young pacer at any level in recent years. At international level, he has been more than decent. He's got all the tools to succeed as fast bowler. That's why I was comparing ours with him. 

Edited by Jamadagni
Just now, Jamadagni said:

No, they're not better. 

Height - Shaheen. 

Accuracy - Shaheen 

Injury free - Shaheen

Bounce - Shaheen 

Mavi was regularly smacked for fun in the IPL while Shaheen proved himself in his first season in the PSL. He had figures like 5/1 in his very second match. Yes 5 wickets for one run. I watched that spell. It was the most impressive spell I've seen bowled by a young pacer at any level in recent years. At international level, he has been more than decent. He's got all the tools to succeed as fast bowler. That's why I was comparing ours with him. 

Glad you mentioned. Just tells you the pathetic level of PSL and shows you how pathetic and 3rd grade Pakistani batsmen are! They can't bat for nuts. The same Shaheen could do nothing much against our U19 batsmen, is making life miserable for all present and future Pakistani batsmen :)

Whereas, Mavi and Khaleel played against the best of the best players from the world and have been battle hardened for future. They now know what their weaknesses are and what to expect from top quality batsmen. 

14 hours ago, S_pace said:

So the question of the hour is who is next in line and can perform and is our bowling depth overrated?

@express bowling @rkt.india @Rightarmfast @Suhaan @Mosher @Vilander

Our pace bowling depth is very good for test matches.   5 good quicks (  Bumrah, Shami, Ishant, Umesh, Bhuvi )   in the squad.  Siraj, Saini and Rajpoot are good and experienced backups.

But poor A-team selections regarding pacers in the 50-over format,  have marred the creation of proper backups for ODIs.

We have a wealth of pace bowling talent now ...  but we pick our ODI teams and backups based on IPL performances these days.  This has led to Kaul, Chahar, Thakur seeping in.   And they have blocked valuable A-team slots for the 50 over format too.

Look at our A-team selection for List-A matches on the tour to NZ.   Just 3 pacers which include Kaul and Chahar. These are the seamers who are next in line according to the selectors.  How will proper backups be created  !

We should have focused on Khaleel, Saini, Prasidh, Mavi and Rajpoot for the 50 over format.  And Tushar Deshpande is looking promising now. But all of them, apart from Khaleel, have been ignored.  Depth is there but proper talent are not being developed.

Khaleel is fine. He looked good in patches. This is the problem with our chewt management. They play a youngster in one game and then drop him

for 5. Young bowlers or even batsman learn and develop if they get a series of chances.

Khaleel has the ability to pick wickets. Already better then Bhuvi in his young career. Unbeleivable some people are writing him off.

16 hours ago, Vilander said:

Khaleel is a body blow. We can not go back to Unadkat. Shami umesh are not good enough for odi. That leaves bumrah and pandya should be back from injury. 

Khaleel has to perform like we know he can bowl 145 and be in the channel. 

Bhuv if the pitches are too flat in England it might be better to try Shami in. 

Rofl. Yeah in that way bhubi is one of the indian greats according to you and shami is not good enough.

7 hours ago, Nikola said:

Rofl. Yeah in that way bhubi is one of the indian greats according to you and shami is not good enough.

Bhuvi does have variations and death bowling ability which Umesh definitely does not have and Shami relies on pace and seam movement on flat odi wickets he gives runs but Bhuv has not been able to replicate his form often and not able to take wickets with old ball. Between Shami and Buvi it could be a tossup with bhuvi making thw cut often. Umesh is not good enough for sure.

21 hours ago, Jamadagni said:

No, they're not better. 

Height - Shaheen. 

Accuracy - Shaheen 

Injury free - Shaheen

Bounce - Shaheen 

Mavi was regularly smacked for fun in the IPL while Shaheen proved himself in his first season in the PSL. He had figures like 5/4 in his very second match. Yes 5 wickets! I watched that spell. It was the most impressive spell I've seen bowled by a young pacer at any level in recent years. At international level, he has been more than decent. He's got all the tools to succeed as fast bowler. That's why I was comparing ours with him. 

Are these factual did you see the wc games ? And post wc

On Sat Oct 27 2018 at 6:17 PM, Mosher said:

Had hopes on Khaleel but he has started trundling and has been disappointing so far. Saini or Rajpoot should be given a chance next but we all know it will be one among Kaul/Unadkat/Dhawal and they will eventually make way for the return of short trundler Shardul.

I cant express the sorrow in my heart(not exaggerating here)..not only me the whole pace enthusiasts club on icf was left disappointed after a dismal performance by Khaleel who was not all hype he was actually clocking high 140s 

But what a disaster he 's been in mere three matches,just concerned about him ,another Udaaankat in  making

Edited by Suhaan
22 hours ago, Jamadagni said:

No, they're not better. 

Height - Shaheen. 

Accuracy - Shaheen 

Injury free - Shaheen

Bounce - Shaheen 

Oh plz ,you bring in psl here,lets talk serious here

Do you really equate IPL with some psl