I am glad India lost

PSB_Zone

5 minutes ago, PSB_Zone said:

Are u out of mind I am talking abt no. 5 ,6 and 7 where butler stokes moin bat

Do kuldeep and chahal bat at those positions?

The way you worded it confused me. 

Having a batting line-up up till No. 7 is not a big deal. Thing is with Dhoni and Pandya at 5 and 7, you have a spot for just one player at 6, and that's going to be Kedar Jadhav because he also gives the option with his off-spin.

I am praying so hard india to lose. This looser need to rethink their options. For the world cup you need a strong lower middle order. Pandya will be good option there. But Pant is must in place of dhoni. No Jadeja he is liability as batsman. No rayadu. 

Rahul must be drafted in. No matter what we need him in the team. Thank God no yuvraj and bhajji or am I speaking to too soon? 

Rohit 

Dhawan/prithvi

Kohli

??? 

Pant as WK

Pandya 

Chahal/kuldeep

Bumrah

Bhuvi/shami

Yadav/new pacer. 

Lots of chopping, changing etc going on with the playing 11.   But the biggest non-performer (Dhoni) continues to be in the team like an undisputed champ ,no matter what.   If this seniority culture continues, I m afraid Dhoni might play another 5 years without any hesitation.    Why does not Kohli have the audacity to have a word with selectors and drop Dhoni for the next 2 matches.    Did not Dhoni himself do a similar thing with a bunch of seniors during VB series in Australia in 2008 ?  What is Kohli so scared of ?  Does Dhoni have some connection with any underworld don/ mafia. ? 

Despite one of the top three scoring a century, the result was a loss. If all three had fallen cheaply, it would have been a humiliating loss. This match has exposed our batting weaknesses nicely. Also, letting WI score 283 even after Shai Hope got dismissed is inexcusable. Our bowlers need to a better job of finishing off things and not putting extra burden on the batsmen. We can only hope that team management will think about necessary changes to the team and better execution in the middle.

4 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Krunal is a non spinner

Even now India can stich together a decent team for WC. ( AM looking at players who have been getting selected on & off as of now as there is very little chance many more new guys getting considered till WC) . 

Top 3 

No- 4 :- Rahul/Raydu/Iyer /Gill /DK  at 4 ( Should be decent against pace & spin-  Raydu & Iyer - Better vs spin but not decent vs Pace . KLR - Decent vs pace but  suspect against mystery spinners ).

2 out of 5 should be selected. KLR will also give you third opener option , if one Shikar. Rohit gets injured /fails .

Raydu/DK - also provide 2 nd WK option , though do not like both of them personally. 

Best option should be play KLR at 4 vs teams like AUs, Eng etc,  and  against teams heavy with spinners you can consider - one

of  Raydu, DK /Gill ( Gill may not get chance before WC , though i would play right away)- whoever plays better upto WC.

No.5 :- Pant  

No.6 -  Jadhav - with an option of 6th bowling option.

No.7 - Hardik .

No.8  - Krunal .

No.9  - Kuldeep

No.10 - Bhuvi

No.11 - Bhumra 

Here the strategy is to score big and then try to restrict them under score board pressure and if batting second chase down with these 8 batters . - A strategy similar to England. 

Out of the 8 batters , atleast 2 will have licence to go for the kill . ( May be Pant & Kedar or Hardik  todo this) and they will often come up the order based on match situations to up the score. 

Krunal plays the restrictive role ( have seen him to be intelligent , could be a better option than chahal at present form). 

A good restrictive bowler is as good as frontline bowler in an ODI team. 

They can also try a second strategy  where they can bring in a pure bowler in place of Krunal at No.8 - Could be Chahal for Sena teams  and  Umesh/ Shami/Khaleel  if pitch is bit helpful.

From now till WC , try these 2 startegies with above team and see which one looks to be working. 

1 hour ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Even now India can stich together a decent team for WC. ( AM looking at players who have been getting selected on & off as of now as there is very little chance many more new guys getting considered till WC) . 

Top 3 

No- 4 :- Rahul/Raydu/Iyer /Gill /DK  at 4 ( Should be decent against pace & spin-  Raydu & Iyer - Better vs spin but not decent vs Pace . KLR - Decent vs pace but  suspect against mystery spinners ).

2 out of 5 should be selected. KLR will also give you third opener option , if one Shikar. Rohit gets injured /fails .

Raydu/DK - also provide 2 nd WK option , though do not like both of them personally. 

Best option should be play KLR at 4 vs teams like AUs, Eng etc,  and  against teams heavy with spinners you can consider - one

of  Raydu, DK /Gill ( Gill may not get chance before WC , though i would play right away)- whoever plays better upto WC.

No.5 :- Pant  

No.6 -  Jadhav - with an option of 6th bowling option.

No.7 - Hardik .

No.8  - Krunal .

No.9  - Kuldeep

No.10 - Bhuvi

No.11 - Bhumra 

Here the strategy is to score big and then try to restrict them under score board pressure and if batting second chase down with these 8 batters . - A strategy similar to England. 

Out of the 8 batters , atleast 2 will have licence to go for the kill . ( May be Pant & Kedar or Hardik  todo this) and they will often come up the order based on match situations to up the score. 

Krunal plays the restrictive role ( have seen him to be intelligent , could be a better option than chahal at present form). 

A good restrictive bowler is as good as frontline bowler in an ODI team. 

They can also try a second strategy  where they can bring in a pure bowler in place of Krunal at No.8 - Could be Chahal for Sena teams  and  Umesh/ Shami/Khaleel  if pitch is bit helpful.

From now till WC , try these 2 startegies with above team and see which one looks to be working. 

Cant play krunal as  regular spinner.Krunal is not good enough as a regular spinner and even more so in powerplay will be destroyed for 15-20 an over.Chahal is a very important bowler,we need him in form.If otherwise jadeja/ashwin is only other option.Krunal is a disaster.

We have to replace dhoni with pant.That adds an accelerator,a left handed batsman in middle order without taking up extra spot.7 is pandya.

4 for me is Iyer or Gill.I don't think shaw or rahul can adapt their game to middle order in such a short time that is left before world cup.Another option is Virat 4,rahul 3  -but you are tampering with the greatest LOI player of all time potentially.

Number six i would start off with kedar .See how he does in aus,nz and wc group stage first 3-4 matches.If failed replace with iyer/gill.

Edited by Tendulkar1996