Msd Odi average watch

Dhoni presently averages 50.24 in ODI with 10150 runs from 280 innings out of which he had stayed not out in 78 innings.

If Dhoni scores 150 in his next 5 innings.

(Assuming he scores around 30 which looks unlikely because of his poor batting form) he will then average 49.75 i.e, below 50.

So There is a very high chance that the desire of playing 2019 WC is going to make a dent on his ATG (above 50 average.) His Odi legacy might also be questioned in future.

Looking how Dhoni had resigned and retired, Don't be surprised if he retires during this WI Odi series.:dontknow:

17 minutes ago, diga said:

Dhoni must be averaging less than 30 with a s/r of less than 80 in the last 1 year... Is that a cause for concern or his career avg dipping below 50

Today a stat was shown about dhoni's performance in this year :

18 matches around 240 odd runs @27 striking at 67 .that is horrible and warrants an exclusion from the squad right away 

2 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

I think he is talking about tests.

From 56.7 or so in tests, it dropped to 53.xx

Should have ideally retired after 2011 Aus tour.

Or at worst 2012 NZ home tour.

That is fair. Although he was still our best batsman in that series vs Australia as long as the series was alive so I can understand why he carried on. The NZ series was the first time I realized the decline was terminal.