Why are Cricbuzz commentators shameless dhoni fanboys?

Laaloo

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Outside ICF 90% are dhoni's fans. Gullible Indian hero worshippers. Sometimes I feel Goras are right at laughing at us for our habit of worshipping anyone and anything in sight.

I must say I see that changing in last few months.Now most have started talking about his form or presence in the team. 

2 hours ago, Pollack said:

Outside ICF 90% are dhoni's fans. Gullible Indian hero worshippers. Sometimes I feel Goras are right at laughing at us for our habit of worshipping anyone and anything in sight.

THIS. Most casual cricket fans keep admiring Dhoni, it's the genuine cricket enthusiasts who know the reality of Dhoni. 

Edited by rahulrulezz

Text commentators are mostly post 95-96 born who have grown up watching Dhoni and IPL..My younger cousin had a stint with Cricbuzz for text commentary who is no different in real life. More than commentary their write up  during two balls or overs is hell irritating..Always suck up to players be it Dhoni/Kohli/Rohit.

Also it has to do with increasing their followers on twitter. They gave their twitter Id before the match starts so worshippers of the players they suck up to mainly follow them.

During IPL they just cross the limits.I just use cricbuzz as widget on my mobile screen for scorecard.

1 hour ago, rahulrulezz said:

THIS. Most casual cricket fans keep admiring Dhoni, it's the genuine cricket enthusiasts who know the reality of Dhoni. 

I am telling you , even most gullible fans as well talk about his non performances now.Even no-regular watchers are not blind.They were  atleast used to his helicopters or sixes in the end, they dont see that now.

Edited by SK_IH
53 minutes ago, Kohlifan said:

Ya man, every time dhoni collected the ball(when batsman left alone) he as saved run for Indian team which no wicketkeeper would have done. 

gavaskar said dhoni can play for another 15 years just for his stumpings ( bit OTT ) ..

ofcourse you and me know more than gavaskar :phehe: 

Cricbuzz unfortunately is now owned by Times Group. History f that media group, especially in recent years, suggests they will do anything for good money. Dhoni PR team must be 'managing' that relationship.

In general, across media platforms, there is hardly anything negative against Dhoni despite his non stop failures for the last one year. Even Sachin was not given that luxury. Remember the "Look into mirror" article by Ian Chappel and "Endulkar" By SanjuManju. In contrast, for Dhoni all we have is an occasional rant by Mohinder Amarnath and now Agarkar has started to voice his issues publicly. Need more experts to speak out against him, hopefully someone will do so in Australia.

9 hours ago, Pollack said:

On reddit someone had written a long post about how Dhoni is the embodiment of the ideal man in bhagvada gita, master of all he sees. Highly upvoted post. One reply compared him to Krishna. 

30 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Ajay jadeja at times sounds like he wants to criticise dhoni but then he knows he's gonna get trolled by dhoni bhakts on social media I suppose. 

ESPNCricinfo is still more neutral I think . Siddharth months and I think gollapudi wrote openly that dhoni is past it. Agarkar is quite blunt as well. 

The cricbuzz crew were laying into pant today. They looked like they were enjoying typing when pant got out. Shameless cheerleading.

5 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

The cricbuzz crew were laying into pant today. They looked like they were enjoying typing when pant got out. Shameless cheerleading.

Yeah . Festive season just got better for some of them . They can cite pant's failure in this format to justify his exclusion in ODIs in the future. 

Agarkar made better comments. Said that pant should continue with an aggressive approach since that's his role and that the ability to pick which balls to hit would come with experience. 

Edited by Nikhil_cric

Their commentators do not even know fielding positions properly. Some do not even have any tactical inputs. In some years some software would easily automate the commentary they are doing, it's that simple. From a lot of things I feel they are youths who have never played with  proper cricket ball and fake up their lack of proper cricket experience with such rubbish analysis on such sites to most readers who again have never played proper cricket. For these reasons I restrict use of CI and CB for just accessing scorecards and squad declarations. So it works when audience itself are like them. Think it's their fluency in English which gets them jobs.

I won't be surprised if CI and CB keep BCCI and players happy. Players because they get interviews which generates business and adverts for them . And every cricketer has lakhs of fans in India, whichever level he plays at.  One reason why they are not criticizing much.  Even Uthappa had no constructive criticism and is just trying to make every player good in every match.  Everyone probably fears for their jobs and business . Didn't Harsha B missed commentating because he criticized Kohli? Keep pampering the BCCI and players and business of CI and CB would be fine for decades.

Edited by Straight Drive