So where do we stand now.. ?

veer

now all teams are set, our playing 11 are pretty much set for WC.. soo where do we stand now?? in-form batting line up changes perspective.. At this point, I would say we can beat NZ Eng Pak Lanka (vaas and murali can make it difficult but beatable) so semi-final is sure thing... WI, we have 50-50 chance... SA.. 40-60 chance. Aus -- 50-50 chance with all their injuries... We have a golden chance to win this WC.. only SA is a worry but good news is that our batting is clicking and we are aware of that team.. what you think??

Re: So where do we stand now.. ? single elimination games can be anyones especially when you get to the top 4 unless the talent and performance level is significantly better than the others. we are not significantly more talented than any of the top teams like SAF or AUS. i would say enjoy the tournament which is bound to produce some good cricket and hope that our team is on the right side all the way through.

Re: So where do we stand now.. ? I'm with Yoda on this, just enjoy the carnival. India has been very inconsistent since about a year or so and I don't reckon anything is going to change as yet in the WC. Unlike the last world cup few teams are in form this time around and anyone can beat anyone on their day including Australia. This makes the WC potentially the best since a while. I suspect India will struggle despite their recent wins at home and only the trio are capable of doing something spectacular to take India to semi finals. I'm not going to trust Dhonis, Uthappas, Sehwags to do the job.

Re: So where do we stand now.. ?

i would say enjoy the tournament which is bound to produce some good cricket and hope that our team is on the right side all the way through.
I have been thinking more or less on the same line.. but only one thought changes my mind and that is SRT, RD, SG... these guys will not be together in another WC... soo this is it.. we will not see special talents like these trio.. once they are gone.. they are gone.. I wish they leave Cricket with the bang.. SA are chockers.. AUS are weak.. we have a GOLDEN chance..

Re: So where do we stand now.. ?

single elimination games can be anyones especially when you get to the top 4 unless the talent and performance level is significantly better than the others. we are not significantly more talented than any of the top teams like SAF or AUS. i would say enjoy the tournament which is bound to produce some good cricket and hope that our team is on the right side all the way through.
Exactly ... which is why I would prefer a Test match version of Worldcup ... even if it has just the Top 3 teams to account for the logistics ... it will be one heck of a Tournament ... and will take the Chance factor out of the current format.
test match version has the umpiring factor where a few critical decisions can make a huge decision. also, it is way too long for my liking. basically your team has to be as good as the aussies were in 03 for you to have high hopes. otherwise it all comes down to "hope for the best".