Ambati Rayudu breaks India's middle-order drought !!!

velu

1163560_1296x729.jpg&w=920&h=518&scale=c

It is India's reward for openly showing faith in a batsman. Ahead of this series, Virat Kohli made no fuss when he said that Rayudu was "designed" for the role and that he would be given the opportunity to cement himself.

Rayudu has shown twice in this series what Kohli meant. In a team with so much power concentrated in the top three, the No. 4 is most likely to be tested on two fronts: how well he can steady the innings if two of those batsmen have fallen quickly, and how well he can transition into attack if the start is already there. In Visakhapatnam during the second ODI, Rayudu succeeded at the former. In Mumbai, he did a bit of both.

"I don't think it's new to me because it's a position I've played a lot in and there's nothing new they've asked me to do. They've asked me to go out and play my game," Rayudu had said.

At 33, Rayudu can't realistically be a long-term prospect for India, but his peak has come at the right time. Rayudu has possibly taken the longest, most difficult route to becoming an Indian regular, but they'll be grateful he got that yo-yo test out of the way.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25118007/ambati-rayudu-breaks-india-middle-order-drought

Just now, Kohlifan said:

Only in Indian team a 33 (in world cup 34) Year old budhau can cement his place. why pant, gill, vihari are playing cricket after this wc i am afraid selectors will pick parthiv patel to bat at 4 

Parthiv Patel will replace Dhoni for 2023 worldcup. Dk will replace Parthiv for 2027 worldcup. Pant will get his chance in 2031 wc.

Rohit was blazing all guns at the other end, Rayudu just had to stick around which he did. Despite that, at no stage did he look settled enough. But a 100 is a 100. So props to him.

Unfortunately it doesn't change the middle order conundrum much. Can this middle order help us reach 280-85 if we lose top 3 within 10 overs? I still have got ZERO confidence on them

27 minutes ago, velu said:

jadhav is 32 as well :p:

He is 33* and him with Dhoni & Raydud won't play 2023 world cup in India where we will have whole middle order with new players who never played in pressure situation. That's reason we must have one or two youngsters in middle order so they will be prepared at least for 2023 World cup.

Edited by Nikola
4 minutes ago, Nikola said:

He is 33* and him with Dhoni & Raydud won't play 2023 world cup in India where we will have whole middle order with new players who never played in pressure situation. That's reason we must have one or two youngsters in middle order so they will be prepared at least for 2023 World cup.

just now i checked , jadhav is 6/7 months older than rayudu :lol: 

i would pick jadhav ahead of rayudu , pandeyji etc.. but he always gives me a feel that he will break down at any time 

raina might have been really handy .. but his fear of short balls ended his career prematurely 

The thing is he had the option to throw the ball from safe distance to run the batsman out. He did not require the cheetah run.
It would have made sense in baseball where you need to tag the runner to get him out. It's not required in cricket. It's an advantage if you are quick but that doesn't solely qualify you to be part of an international cricket team.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, nikred said:

The thing is he had the option to throw the ball from safe distance to run the batsman out. He did not require the cheetah run.
It would have made sense in baseball where you need to tag the runner to get him out. It's not required in cricket. It's an advantage if you are quick but that doesn't solely qualify you to be part of an international cricket team.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

cats play with their prey :phehe: 

jaddu learned it from dhoni as well :aha: