Ease of Doing Business ranking 77-80 now for 2018-2019

dial_100

Modiji is getting serious now! It isn't a coincidence that once Goyal ji becomes FM that India progresses so much. Jaitley was good only to try to balance the budget, but he was out of depth with economic reforms. 

Enforcing contracts... @Tibarn, bhau missing one of your galliya's for the court here. :cantstop:

Edited by Moochad

Good report on the same issue

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/economy/ease-of-doing-business-2019-india-jumps-23-spots-to-77th-rank-in-world-banks-latest-report-3112641.html/amp

Some highlights

India has improved its rank by 53 positions in the last two years, and 65 positions in the last four years (2014-18).

On the “distance to frontier metric”, a measure to gauge how far an economy’s policies are from global best practices, India’s score improved to 67.23 from 60.76 last year.

ease-of-doing-business.png

India goes from 142 in 2014 to 77 in 2018, BMKJ :isalute:

Modiji's promise of top 50 by 2019 is within reach

1 hour ago, dial_100 said:

Great news for india but bad one for politics. The whole world is conspiring against opposition. I smell huge fraud.

Discuss.

If anyone thought this was sarcastic, Rajiv Desai not just proved me right but made it sound like I understated it on how congress supporters are down playing this achievement. Such sore losers.  

On 10/31/2018 at 11:03 AM, Moochad said:

Modiji is getting serious now! It isn't a coincidence that once Goyal ji becomes FM that India progresses so much. Jaitley was good only to try to balance the budget, but he was out of depth with economic reforms. 

Enforcing contracts... @Tibarn, bhau missing one of your galliya's for the court here. :cantstop:

There is nothing to say really, the court system is a remnant of India's colonial past that is unaccountable, un-elected, and increasingly at odds with the people.

According to one article, all SC/HC judges in India are from the same 250-300 families. These are an aristocratic ruling class, for which next to no one has any affinity. 

Jet-Li has stated that the Centre is looking at setting up financial courts in every district of the country. This, if/when it happens, should help alleviate the problem. 

I prefer a storming of the Bastille moment in regards to the court. This is one of the last vestiges of British imperialism in the country. It would be nice to give the sahibs a GPL