Ranji trophy 2018-19

3 hours ago, arjwiz said:

Why is Mumbai not playing this round? I admit the structure of the ranji baffles me.

There is a bye week for pretty much much every team as too many teams are playing. For Example, Delhi did not play in the first week. Plus bye-week has been therd forever in Ranji Trophy and many domestic tournaments across the globe.

Quickest i saw of Ishant was 133 though i have watched very few deliveries of in first 3 overs. he has looked quicker than 133. Kulwant quickest that i saw was 136.  He is consistently around 134-136. Same with him.  if we adjust for 6 kph lower speeds. Ishant clocked 133-139, and Kulwant 138-142.

Edited by rkt.india
36 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Quickest i saw of Ishant was 133 though i have watched very few deliveries of in first 3 overs. he has looked quicker than 133. Kulwant quickest that i saw was 136.  He is consistently around 134-136. Same with him.  if we adjust for 6 kph lower speeds. Ishant clocked 133-139, and Kulwant 138-142.

That will mean almost every front line seamer in India bowling 135+ with top speeds of 140+. Most of the speeds I have seen in matches Hotstar has shown in this domestic season have been in the range of 128-130 kmph (even for guys like Kaul, Chahar, Unadkat etc).

Also , should that 6 kmph speed be added to the speeds of spinners? That will mean spinners in India are all bowling 90 kmph+, which does not read right.

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

That will mean almost every front line seamer in India bowling 135+ with top speeds of 140+. Most of the speeds I have seen in matches Hotstar has shown in this domestic season have been in the range of 128-130 kmph (even for guys like Kaul, Chahar, Unadkat etc).

Also , should that 6 kmph speed be added to the speeds of spinners? That will mean spinners in India are all bowling 90 kmph+, which does not read right.

yes, you can add 6 kph for every one at least. Because Ishant bowls up 142-143 in international cricket and here he did not go past 136 till i saw and it was not like he was bowling slow.  he looked as quick as he bowls in International.  Same for Khejroliya who bowled in low 140s in IPL.  Billy Stanlake struggled to cross 140s on these speed guns who easily is clocked in high 140s in international cricket.  Same for bowlers like Aaron. some also clocked 122-126 as well. so they are not 140.

Edited by rkt.india
11 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

As good as Aaron has been, IM all bowling performances at this Lahli Stadium should be discounted. Far too much support for bowlers. 

To use a cliched line, bowlers still have to bowl in good areas and he has done that. Indian fast bowlers toil away on pattas in most Ranji matches and the batsmen pile on the runs. So pitches like in Lahli are needed to test the batsmen. Let the fast bowlers have some fun too. 

Edited by Mosher
18 minutes ago, Mosher said:

To use a cliched line, bowlers still have to bowl in good areas and he has done that. Indian fast bowlers toil away on pattas in most Ranji matches and the batsmen pile on the runs. So pitches like in Lahli are needed to test the batsmen. Let the fast bowlers have some fun too. 

That is absolutely fine but like multiple 300s by Jadeja at Rajkot do not make him a frontline batsman, same is the case with great bowling performances at Lahli.