Ranji trophy 2018-19

13 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Quickest i saw of Ishant was 133 though i have watched very few deliveries of in first 3 overs. he has looked quicker than 133. Kulwant quickest that i saw was 136.  He is consistently around 134-136. Same with him.  if we adjust for 6 kph lower speeds. Ishant clocked 133-139, and Kulwant 138-142.

I am starting to form the impression that it is not a case of a consistent difference in speeds.

These domestic cricket speed guns are not functioning properly and high speeds are not registering.  

These are basically incorrect readings.  Not all 135 k balls registered here are 140 k balls.  Some are and these are random and wrong readings.

Edited by express bowling
1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Yes, plate or whichever league, he is a star as I was saying earlier. You can’t score this many  runs that easily and that too consistently ecoring 70% od your team’s runs.

He made a brilliant decision to move on.

You can if quality of other players is poor from both sides.  Bradman did the same.

6 hours ago, Mosher said:

6-fer for Aaron. Well bowled. Haryana AO for 72.

out of So many Indian fast bowlers, I always try to find some UNPLAYABLE balls that they have bowled and we all have seen those.

I remember maximum balls from VARUN AROON, I saw him bowling to the England Pacer, Varun hit his helmet once or twice and then got him injured as well. I also saw Varun bowling some unplayable balls to warner too, one was a no ball and he clean bowled warner, and few more..

Saw a few fast bouncers from Umesh yadav when his career just started and he was consistently bowling 145 to 147k 

Saw a sreesanth ball which hit the african all rounder jack kallis when he was batting very well and got him out too.

may be saw one or two un playable balls from zaheer khan which hit the batsman and also few yorkers at the start of career.

Srinath also bowled some high rising Un Playable balls.

Avesh Khan also bowled 2 unplayable balls to rajasthan royals opener and he actually gave a catch in the first ball and was not caught and the second ball he was caught.

I am not considering the bhuvi swing, gurbani n irfan pathan swing balls as unplayable balls as that was high level of SKILL and also due to favorable conditions , the above has been PURE fast bowling and UNPLAYABLE balls which just cant be played.

if I was INDIA captain, I would PICK Varun Aroon straight into my 15 always and play him in 11 in tests and odi's whenever I find him bowling in rhythm. these extra fast bowlers are RAREST breed and if they are in rhythm, they should be PICKED straight away.

there is no logic to have such a fast bowler in India and he is just getting wickets of state teams. 6 wickets in an innings ..even if the pitch was helpful, he destroyed HP team in 1 SPELL...can you believe this..hats off to Varun.

I remember our corporate team faced a fast bowler in a club match and he took 5 or 6 wickets in 5 overs including my wicket.

We lost the match but at the end of the day, we LOST OUR self RESPECT too.

None of the 11 of us could face him, we had an inferiority complex inside us and it took us 2 weeks to feel normal. we realized that our batting Skills are dirt and our eyes are not good enough to see and face fast bowling.

12 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

out of So many Indian fast bowlers, I always try to find some UNPLAYABLE balls that they have bowled and we all have seen those.

I remember maximum balls from VARUN AROON, I saw him bowling to the England Pacer, Varun hit his helmet once or twice and then got him injured as well. I also saw Varun bowling some unplayable balls to warner too, one was a no ball and he clean bowled warner, and few more..

Saw a few fast bouncers from Umesh yadav when his career just started and he was consistently bowling 145 to 147k 

Saw a sreesanth ball which hit the african all rounder jack kallis when he was batting very well and got him out too.

may be saw one or two un playable balls from zaheer khan which hit the batsman and also few yorkers at the start of career.

Srinath also bowled some high rising Un Playable balls.

Avesh Khan also bowled 2 unplayable balls to rajasthan royals opener and he actually gave a catch in the first ball and was not caught and the second ball he was caught.

I am not considering the bhuvi swing, gurbani n irfan pathan swing balls as unplayable balls as that was high level of SKILL and also due to favorable conditions , the above has been PURE fast bowling and UNPLAYABLE balls which just cant be played.

if I was INDIA captain, I would PICK Varun Aroon straight into my 15 always and play him in 11 in tests and odi's whenever I find him bowling in rhythm. these extra fast bowlers are RAREST breed and if they are in rhythm, they should be PICKED straight away.

there is no logic to have such a fast bowler in India and he is just getting wickets of state teams. 6 wickets in an innings ..even if the pitch was helpful, he destroyed HP team in 1 SPELL...can you believe this..hats off to Varun.

I remember our corporate team faced a fast bowler in a club match and he took 5 or 6 wickets in 5 overs including my wicket.

We lost the match but at the end of the day, we LOST OUR self RESPECT too.

None of the 11 of us could face him, we had an inferiority complex inside us and it took us 2 weeks to feel normal. we realized that our batting Skills are dirt and our eyes are not good enough to see and face fast bowling.

Sorry to say this but Aaron has not been as good as you are making him out to be. Bowling a few good balls at high pace looks good to the eye but he was not every effective in the chances he got. After playing FC cricket for 6-7 years, he's finally started to move the ball and stay at a good line at pace.

Kudos to him for not having given up despite so many injuries and continuing to work on his skills. Best for him to play the entire FC season or at least 4-5 FC matches, get in good rhythm and then only comeback to the national side. 

On 11/14/2018 at 10:07 AM, ShoonyaSifar said:

Sorry to say this but Aaron has not been as good as you are making him out to be. Bowling a few good balls at high pace looks good to the eye but he was not every effective in the chances he got. After playing FC cricket for 6-7 years, he's finally started to move the ball and stay at a good line at pace.

Kudos to him for not having given up despite so many injuries and continuing to work on his skills. Best for him to play the entire FC season or at least 4-5 FC matches, get in good rhythm and then only comeback to the national side. 

bro Shoonyasifar-

You are very correct that varun as on today is good but not that Special as i have shared.

My question is when Varun and Umesh were marked as True talent as now Mavi and Nagarkoti are marked...both were marked equally fast and aggressive bowlers, why was Umesh only supported and Varun got unlucky and a bit unfit too ..if I had to choose who was faster among the two, I would have picked varun and when he is back fit and in rhythm, he deserves to get the support that Umesh yadav is getting...

i am not saying that play varun in the 11 in every match...i am just saying to use him in few matches as a trump card when he looks unplayable in the nets and he looks in full rhythm.

i kinda feel that after australia...varun will break the door and get selected as he seems focused to get into the india team.

Edited by vishalvirsingh