Ankit_sharma03

Ranji trophy 2018-19

3 hours ago, arjwiz said:

Why is Mumbai not playing this round? I admit the structure of the ranji baffles me.

There is a bye week for pretty much much every team as too many teams are playing. For Example, Delhi did not play in the first week. Plus bye-week has been therd forever in Ranji Trophy and many domestic tournaments across the globe.

Quickest i saw of Ishant was 133 though i have watched very few deliveries of in first 3 overs. he has looked quicker than 133. Kulwant quickest that i saw was 136.  He is consistently around 134-136. Same with him.  if we adjust for 6 kph lower speeds. Ishant clocked 133-139, and Kulwant 138-142.

Edited by rkt.india

36 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Quickest i saw of Ishant was 133 though i have watched very few deliveries of in first 3 overs. he has looked quicker than 133. Kulwant quickest that i saw was 136.  He is consistently around 134-136. Same with him.  if we adjust for 6 kph lower speeds. Ishant clocked 133-139, and Kulwant 138-142.

That will mean almost every front line seamer in India bowling 135+ with top speeds of 140+. Most of the speeds I have seen in matches Hotstar has shown in this domestic season have been in the range of 128-130 kmph (even for guys like Kaul, Chahar, Unadkat etc).

Also , should that 6 kmph speed be added to the speeds of spinners? That will mean spinners in India are all bowling 90 kmph+, which does not read right.

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

That will mean almost every front line seamer in India bowling 135+ with top speeds of 140+. Most of the speeds I have seen in matches Hotstar has shown in this domestic season have been in the range of 128-130 kmph (even for guys like Kaul, Chahar, Unadkat etc).

Also , should that 6 kmph speed be added to the speeds of spinners? That will mean spinners in India are all bowling 90 kmph+, which does not read right.

yes, you can add 6 kph for every one at least. Because Ishant bowls up 142-143 in international cricket and here he did not go past 136 till i saw and it was not like he was bowling slow.  he looked as quick as he bowls in International.  Same for Khejroliya who bowled in low 140s in IPL.  Billy Stanlake struggled to cross 140s on these speed guns who easily is clocked in high 140s in international cricket.  Same for bowlers like Aaron. some also clocked 122-126 as well. so they are not 140.

Edited by rkt.india

11 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

As good as Aaron has been, IM all bowling performances at this Lahli Stadium should be discounted. Far too much support for bowlers. 

To use a cliched line, bowlers still have to bowl in good areas and he has done that. Indian fast bowlers toil away on pattas in most Ranji matches and the batsmen pile on the runs. So pitches like in Lahli are needed to test the batsmen. Let the fast bowlers have some fun too. 

Edited by Mosher

18 minutes ago, Mosher said:

To use a cliched line, bowlers still have to bowl in good areas and he has done that. Indian fast bowlers toil away on pattas in most Ranji matches and the batsmen pile on the runs. So pitches like in Lahli are needed to test the batsmen. Let the fast bowlers have some fun too. 

That is absolutely fine but like multiple 300s by Jadeja at Rajkot do not make him a frontline batsman, same is the case with great bowling performances at Lahli.

13 hours ago, rkt.india said:

I am starting to form the impression that it is not a case of a consistent difference in speeds.

These domestic cricket speed guns are not functioning properly and high speeds are not registering.  

These are basically incorrect readings.  Not all 135 k balls registered here are 140 k balls.  Some are and these are random and wrong readings.

Edited by express bowling

Ishant has usually bowled 130 k to 143 k in tests this year.

He is bowling at his normal pace today ...  not much slower.

But clocking  129 k  to 136 k mostly.

Lower side speeds are ok ...  higher side  speeds not registering.

6 hours ago, Mosher said:

Back to back double centuries for Milind Kumar @Cricketics

Yes, plate or whichever league, he is a star as I was saying earlier. You can’t score this many  runs that easily and that too consistently ecoring 70% od your team’s runs.

He made a brilliant decision to move on.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Yes, plate or whichever league, he is a star as I was saying earlier. You can’t score this many  runs that easily and that too consistently ecoring 70% od your team’s runs.

He made a brilliant decision to move on.

You can if quality of other players is poor from both sides.  Bradman did the same.

6 hours ago, Mosher said:

6-fer for Aaron. Well bowled. Haryana AO for 72.

out of So many Indian fast bowlers, I always try to find some UNPLAYABLE balls that they have bowled and we all have seen those.

I remember maximum balls from VARUN AROON, I saw him bowling to the England Pacer, Varun hit his helmet once or twice and then got him injured as well. I also saw Varun bowling some unplayable balls to warner too, one was a no ball and he clean bowled warner, and few more..

Saw a few fast bouncers from Umesh yadav when his career just started and he was consistently bowling 145 to 147k 

Saw a sreesanth ball which hit the african all rounder jack kallis when he was batting very well and got him out too.

may be saw one or two un playable balls from zaheer khan which hit the batsman and also few yorkers at the start of career.

Srinath also bowled some high rising Un Playable balls.

Avesh Khan also bowled 2 unplayable balls to rajasthan royals opener and he actually gave a catch in the first ball and was not caught and the second ball he was caught.

I am not considering the bhuvi swing, gurbani n irfan pathan swing balls as unplayable balls as that was high level of SKILL and also due to favorable conditions , the above has been PURE fast bowling and UNPLAYABLE balls which just cant be played.

if I was INDIA captain, I would PICK Varun Aroon straight into my 15 always and play him in 11 in tests and odi's whenever I find him bowling in rhythm. these extra fast bowlers are RAREST breed and if they are in rhythm, they should be PICKED straight away.

there is no logic to have such a fast bowler in India and he is just getting wickets of state teams. 6 wickets in an innings ..even if the pitch was helpful, he destroyed HP team in 1 SPELL...can you believe this..hats off to Varun.

I remember our corporate team faced a fast bowler in a club match and he took 5 or 6 wickets in 5 overs including my wicket.

We lost the match but at the end of the day, we LOST OUR self RESPECT too.

None of the 11 of us could face him, we had an inferiority complex inside us and it took us 2 weeks to feel normal. we realized that our batting Skills are dirt and our eyes are not good enough to see and face fast bowling.

12 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

out of So many Indian fast bowlers, I always try to find some UNPLAYABLE balls that they have bowled and we all have seen those.

I remember maximum balls from VARUN AROON, I saw him bowling to the England Pacer, Varun hit his helmet once or twice and then got him injured as well. I also saw Varun bowling some unplayable balls to warner too, one was a no ball and he clean bowled warner, and few more..

Saw a few fast bouncers from Umesh yadav when his career just started and he was consistently bowling 145 to 147k 

Saw a sreesanth ball which hit the african all rounder jack kallis when he was batting very well and got him out too.

may be saw one or two un playable balls from zaheer khan which hit the batsman and also few yorkers at the start of career.

Srinath also bowled some high rising Un Playable balls.

Avesh Khan also bowled 2 unplayable balls to rajasthan royals opener and he actually gave a catch in the first ball and was not caught and the second ball he was caught.

I am not considering the bhuvi swing, gurbani n irfan pathan swing balls as unplayable balls as that was high level of SKILL and also due to favorable conditions , the above has been PURE fast bowling and UNPLAYABLE balls which just cant be played.

if I was INDIA captain, I would PICK Varun Aroon straight into my 15 always and play him in 11 in tests and odi's whenever I find him bowling in rhythm. these extra fast bowlers are RAREST breed and if they are in rhythm, they should be PICKED straight away.

there is no logic to have such a fast bowler in India and he is just getting wickets of state teams. 6 wickets in an innings ..even if the pitch was helpful, he destroyed HP team in 1 SPELL...can you believe this..hats off to Varun.

I remember our corporate team faced a fast bowler in a club match and he took 5 or 6 wickets in 5 overs including my wicket.

We lost the match but at the end of the day, we LOST OUR self RESPECT too.

None of the 11 of us could face him, we had an inferiority complex inside us and it took us 2 weeks to feel normal. we realized that our batting Skills are dirt and our eyes are not good enough to see and face fast bowling.

Sorry to say this but Aaron has not been as good as you are making him out to be. Bowling a few good balls at high pace looks good to the eye but he was not every effective in the chances he got. After playing FC cricket for 6-7 years, he's finally started to move the ball and stay at a good line at pace.

Kudos to him for not having given up despite so many injuries and continuing to work on his skills. Best for him to play the entire FC season or at least 4-5 FC matches, get in good rhythm and then only comeback to the national side. 

On 11/14/2018 at 10:07 AM, ShoonyaSifar said:

Sorry to say this but Aaron has not been as good as you are making him out to be. Bowling a few good balls at high pace looks good to the eye but he was not every effective in the chances he got. After playing FC cricket for 6-7 years, he's finally started to move the ball and stay at a good line at pace.

Kudos to him for not having given up despite so many injuries and continuing to work on his skills. Best for him to play the entire FC season or at least 4-5 FC matches, get in good rhythm and then only comeback to the national side. 

bro Shoonyasifar-

You are very correct that varun as on today is good but not that Special as i have shared.

My question is when Varun and Umesh were marked as True talent as now Mavi and Nagarkoti are marked...both were marked equally fast and aggressive bowlers, why was Umesh only supported and Varun got unlucky and a bit unfit too ..if I had to choose who was faster among the two, I would have picked varun and when he is back fit and in rhythm, he deserves to get the support that Umesh yadav is getting...

i am not saying that play varun in the 11 in every match...i am just saying to use him in few matches as a trump card when he looks unplayable in the nets and he looks in full rhythm.

i kinda feel that after australia...varun will break the door and get selected as he seems focused to get into the india team.

Edited by vishalvirsingh

2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

its a shame these U19 quicks not tried by TM. If SS Afridi can play , so can Mavi, who looked better than him in U19. Even Rabada was fast tracked from U19 cricket. And we are stuck with Kaul and Thakur

Mavi is not even in the A team. Shows the lack of vision of selectors and TM.

Edited by Mosher

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

its a shame these U19 quicks not tried by TM. If SS Afridi can play , so can Mavi, who looked better than him in U19. Even Rabada was fast tracked from U19 cricket. And we are stuck with Kaul and Thakur

Pure system ka mindset sadd gaya hai 

Selectors wants - kaul, chahar, thakur

Manju wants Wi to fast track thomas in test cricket but he wants India to selecto Unadkat 

Somehow i still beilve many working in the system still dnt beileve that India can produce fast bowlers of same quality

Funny thing, It takes Ian bishop to point out that i saw a young talent in domestic game "tushar deshpande" but guys like gavaskar , manju who cnt stop talking about the greatness of mumbai cricket wnt talk about deshpande 

12 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Shivam Mavi gets his first 5-fer

I am very very happy.

In my book, Mavi is the best uncapped fast bowling prospect we have in the country now ... as he combines express pace, natural bounce, big inswing and decent accuracy at such a young age.

It bodes well if he picks lots of wickets.

Edited by express bowling

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Shivam Mavi  

10  wickets from his first 2 FC matches.

Includes a 5-fer and a 4-fer.

All the best kid  !

What an impressive start for this kid.

If only someone in this team management/selection committee had some vision and groom this youngster. Surprised why Dravid hasn't yet asked for him to be added to India A, having coached him at u-19 level. Does he see something which others can't. Surely there are valid reasons, otherwise he's been very fair in his assessments. Khaleel, Shaw and Pant being prime examples.

Or maybe ex-bowlers like Zaheer and Agarkar need to hype Mavi a little bit. Heath Streak is the bowling coach of KKR, but is not heard much in Indian media.

2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

What an impressive start for this kid.

If only someone in this team management/selection committee had some vision and groom this young

Absolutely !

2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Surprised why Dravid hasn't yet asked for him to be added to India A, having coached him at u-19 level. Does he see something which others can't. Surely there are valid reasons, otherwise he's been very fair in his assessments. Khaleel, Shaw and Pant being prime examples.

Dravid did support Mavi a lot during his U19 days. 

I think they are trying to follow a process now and mainly including those players in A-teams, who have performed in the respective formats in domestic cricket.

Shaw and Pant did very well in FC and Khaleel in List A and domestic T20s.

(   There are exceptions like Deepak Chahar though, who has got a A-team berth for the unofficial tests without any notable season in FC. recently.  He must have some very powerful backers  )

I feel exceptions need to be made for exceptional talents like Mavi ... unless they felt that an A-team berth may mess his FC season and ensuing FC experience.

16 hours ago, express bowling said:

Absolutely !

Dravid did support Mavi a lot during his U19 days. 

I think they are trying to follow a process now and mainly including those players in A-teams, who have performed in the respective formats in domestic cricket.

Shaw and Pant did very well in FC and Khaleel in List A and domestic T20s.

(   There are exceptions like Deepak Chahar though, who has got a A-team berth for the unofficial tests without any notable season in FC. recently.  He must have some very powerful backers  )

I feel exceptions need to be made for exceptional talents like Mavi ... unless they felt that an A-team berth may mess his FC season and ensuing FC experience.

Someone in Indian cricket sees Chahar as an all rounder! Can bowl 134-135 kmph, swing the ball and score some runs (never seen him done so though). Nothing else explains him playing unofficial tests for India A.