Ranji trophy 2018-19

Nalkande does not get natural bounce. His release point is not high enough.

This will make him susceptible to leaking runs unless he is accurate and quick.

And it has happened in the later part of this innings.

His plus points are zip off the deck and outswing.  Decent pace too.

Edited by express bowling
45 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Nalkande does not get natural bounce. His release point is not high enough.

This will make him susceptible to leaking runs unless he is accurate and quick.

And it has happened in the later part of this innings.

His plus points are zip off the deck and outswing.  Decent pace too.

he bowled as quick as any on these speed guns.  Nalkande is a short guy under 5'10.

Edited by rkt.india

Positives for me until now :

• Shivam Mavi : 4 wickets
  • Anukul roy : This guy is something, we need to bring him to A teams shortly, scored a valuable 65* & going on.
  • Shivam Dubey : We were short of an all rounder as per MSK Prasad, i feel this lad has a potential to be better than Vijay for the running as an all rounder. Bowls 5-6 good overs & can tonk the ball. Currently batting on 75* @ 80+ strike rate
Edited by nsareen
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Nalkande bowled quickly yesterday and looked better.

Today he was slower. 

even his slow today was faster than others.  Lalit quickest shown was 133, is probably around 138-140 on other speed guns.  Nalkande was 139 that i would say more in the range of 145. i think he only bowled 1-2 overs today.

Edited by rkt.india
12 minutes ago, nsareen said:

Positives for me until now :

• Shivam Mavi : 4 wickets
  • Anukul roy : This guy is something, we need to bring him to A teams shortly, scored a valuable 65* & going on.

Yes 

12 minutes ago, nsareen said:

• Shivam Dubey : We were short of an all rounder as per MSK Prasad, i feel this lad has a potential to be better than Vijay for the running as an all rounder. Bowls 5-6 good overs & can tonk the ball. Currently batting on 75* @ 80+ strike rate

I don't know why Dubey is ignored.  Wasn't picked for Deodhar Trophy either.

Looks like a good prospect to me ... needs to play for our 50 over A-team and needs to be developed.

He tries to emulate McGrath's bowling action and is tall and gets bounce.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

even his slow today was faster than others.  Lalit quickest shown was 133, is probably around 140 on other speed guns.  Nalkande was 139 that i would say more in the range of 145.

Pace is good but needs a bit of natural bounce.  Otherwise he will suffer the same fate as Kaul , Shardul, Chahar, Umesh etc. and go for runs in LOIs.

good to see some real talent coming through the ranks from the u19 levels for punjab. they've done really well in those age groups and need to nurture the upcoming talent.  Pretty young batting lineup with the likes  of Gill, Anmol, and Sanvir also getting a century as well, can bowl a bit as well.  Abhishek Sharma on the bench, and attacking keeper coming through the age groups Prabhsimran.  Batting is going to be exciting in the next couple of years.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

He releases the ball much before the highest point.

hat is why he gets the outswing.  If he releases from top of the shoulder, he won't get the outswing.  For me, him getting outswing is more important.  because of his short height even if his release point is high, it wont benefit him as much in long term as his outswing.

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

hat is why he gets the outswing.  If he releases from top of the shoulder, he won't get the outswing.  For me, him getting outswing is more important.  because of his short height even if his release point is high, it wont benefit him as much in long term as his outswing.

In test matches, yes.  Outswing is more important in the first 20 overs or so.

If he comes as first change pacer in ODIs, which is the likely outcome, bounce is more important.