Sachin Tendulkar backs MS Dhoni, says he knows exactly what to work on

https://www.crictracker.com/sachin-tendulkar-backs-ms-dhoni-says-he-knows-exactly-what-to-work-on/

MS Dhoni is one of the most scrutinized sports personalities in India, and lately, he’s come under more scrutiny than ever before due to his lack of form with the bat. Although a World Cup-winning captain and a leader par excellence –  three ICC trophies in his cabinet speak volumes about his success – Dhoni has not exhibited the capabilities with the bat that once made him one of the most feared batsmen.

lg.php?bannerid=0&campaignid=0&zoneid=41

Not too long ago, while India took on England at Lord’s, MSD was booed by India fans as they claimed he lacked the ‘intent’ to win the game for India. The veteran stumper wasn’t able to turn things around during India’s Asia Cup campaign either, where he finished with the highest score of 36. Indeed India have had few troubles when it comes to batting thanks to their beefed-up top order that consists of Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan and captain Virat Kohli. But of late when the middle order has been exposed, there’s been a lot of dependence on Dhoni, and more often than not, he’s failed to deliver.

MS Dhoni has been a massive contributor: Sachin Tendulkar

There’s no hiding from the fact that MS needs to work on his batting, especially with India currently chalking out its World Cup plans for 2019. However, Indian batting legend Sachin Tendulkar believes Dhoni is a batsman who knows exactly what he needs to work on, and how he can contribute.

Speaking Exclusively to News18, the Little Master said, “Dhoni has always been a massive contributor, whenever it came to all formats of the game, and he’s taken the responsibility for a number of years. I always feel that a player having played for such a long time knows what he needs to work on and what he needs to do.”

Dhoni has heaps of experience and still makes a huge impact on how the India captain – be it Virat Kohli or Rohit Sharma – goes about in his captaincy. Taking his position behind the stumps, he still guides bowlers on how to bowl to a particular batsman and fine-tunes field placements to near perfection. But there were shock waves that went round Indian cricket when the wicketkeeper-batsman was dropped from India’s T20I sides that would take on the Windies and Australia later this month.

While many believe this move from the selectors signals the end of his T20I career, the MSK Prasad led selection committee has maintained that he’s only been rested. Meanwhile, they’ve also mentioned that the former skipper has cemented his spot in India’s World Cup squad since they believe he’s still the best keeper in the country.

2 minutes ago, beetle said:

First he hoists the cheerleader on the team.....now this.

This guy's contribution to Indian cricket after retirement is zero.....or worse.

Kidding me? So you telling me Sachin told kohli to kick kumble and pick shastri? and kohli like dumb agreed to it?

Also sachin will obviously back MS Dhoni like all former indian players. If they don't then all ms fans will attack him. This is pretty dumb logic fans don't get it.

20 minutes ago, beetle said:

First he hoists the cheerleader on the team.....now this.

This guy's contribution to Indian cricket after retirement is zero.....or worse.

Thing is tendulkar only insisted that captain's voice be heard.He himself had very bad experience during his captaincy when he had little autonomy and was hamstrung by 2 of the worst coaches in indian history -kapil dev and madan lal who were forced on him.Tendu couldn't have guessed kohli would have turned into such a tool.Shastri leaving aside his pathetic sycophantic behaviour,(the extent of which couldn't have been gueesed to to what it has grown) is generally a good cricket brain.His decline and chamchagiri and kohli's poor captaincy have complicated the whole thing more than it should be.Going against kohli and forcing a coach on him might have led to greg chapell 2.0.That kind of move can only be done after the captain has suffered failures like after this world cup.You cant do that to a successful captain without repercussions in the dressing room.

Edited by Tendulkar1996
1 minute ago, Laaloo said:

Dhoni is already the defacto captain. He manages the bowlers and the field and the DRS. Kohli fields at the boundary.

Every time there is a DRS review the bowler cries for it, Dhoni grins sheepishly and mumbles something to Rohit who then gives weird hand gestures about how the ball pitched,bounced etc to Kohli who then reluctantly shows a half-assed review signal :hysterical:

18 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Kidding me? So you telling me Sachin told kohli to kick kumble and pick shastri? and kohli like dumb agreed to it?

Also sachin will obviously back MS Dhoni like all former indian players. If they don't then all ms fans will attack him. This is pretty dumb logic fans don't get it.

Shashtri was not applying for the post. he was holidaying in Bangkok.  He said he will only apply he is gets the job. SRT assured him that he will get the job.  There were many other contenders as well.  Kohli did not pick the coach.  CAC did which had SRT, ganguly, and VVS.  Gnaguly was against him.     

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

Every time there is a DRS review the bowler cries for it, Dhoni grins sheepishly and mumbles something to Rohit who then gives weird hand gestures about how the ball pitched,bounced etc to Kohli who then reluctantly shows a half-assed review signal :hysterical:

Everytime kohli takes review he looks like is begging hai bhagwan bacha lena.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Shashtri was not applying for the post. he was holidaying in Bangkok.  He said he will only apply he is gets the job. SRT assured him that he will get the job.  There were many other contenders as well.  Kohli did not pick the coach.  CAC did which had SRT, ganguly, and VVS.  Gnaguly was against him.     

Okay so what's source that SRT assured shastri about getting job? Kohli always wanted shastri. Also even if SRT picks shastri you kidding me that kohli will happily accept it? This guy can kick kumble, reject dravid & zak and will accept someone (shastri) who he don't like as coach?

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

King Kohli has 2 vice captains Rohit and Dhoni :hatsoff:

Jokes apart, I think sometimes it is good he stays away given how his decision making has been off late

If he isn't good to be captain why not give to rohit and get rid of dhoni as well? This way you have good captain and you are free from dhoni too. Pick pant as dhoni's replacement.