Remove beef from India’s food menu: BCCI to Cricket Australia

6 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

BC are you going to go on a tough tour as sportsmen to eat curries?? Kuch din daal or roti nahi khaoge to mar nahi jaoge. Apart from beef there are many dishes available.. western countries are hotbeds for vegans now. 

Players often complain about the blandness of food served in Australia. There are a few vegetarians in the team who really struggle at the grounds- Such Prima donnas. :facepalm:

Nothing to be prima Donna about it. They will be on a long tour. You do with foreign food for a day or two not long if you are not used to. Even in India South Indians struggle with north indian food and north indian with south indian food if they start having it regularly.

5 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Im sure BCCI has that much funds to send a couple of chefs along with the team to service the demands of these princesses. Dont blame the Aussies.

When england/SA/Aus/NZ/WI come to India do we provide them with beef? do we provide them with Western food? They suck it up and eat Indian food most of the time. Why should Indians get special treatment?

How do you know they eat Indian food? There are all sorts of food available in hotels in India which can't be said about other countries.

13 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Huh? Are you living in the 1950s. There are plenty of protein supplements and substitutes in this day and age that cut down the fat, cholesterol etc that come with eating meat

A lot of wrestlers in India that train in akhadaas are vegetarians and we produce some of the best wrestlers in the world 

As long as you are  taking supplements everything would be fine. You need to get proteins.

45 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Don't think even they eat beef. Muslims here like buffalo meat.

poor guys i hope its not because of this stupid religious sensitivity - not sure where it suddenly sprung up from in the country. I remember during college days in TN there used to be beef stalls in the outskirts of the town - even some brahmin kids interested in bodybuilding used to eat there. 

8 minutes ago, Vilander said:

poor guys i hope its not because of this stupid religious sensitivity - not sure where it suddenly sprung up from in the country. I remember during college days in TN there used to be beef stalls in the outskirts of the town - even some brahmin kids interested in bodybuilding used to eat there. 

In Chennai outside liquor stores they have these Kabab kind of stalls. It is  beef not chicken.

13 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Well they can try pork, other red meets are still allowed only beef ban.

Just now, Global.Baba said:

In Chennai outside liquor stores they have these Kabab kind of stalls. It is  beef not chicken.

never knew. These were similar - you would miss them thinking they are some shanty road side stall -> but some kids used to frequent them and showed some good results at the gym, i was a committed chicken tandoori guy in those days - never felt the need for beef. But i think its the creatine content, but i used to augment chicken with fish and eggs. 

Just now, Vilander said:

never knew. These were similar - you would miss them thinking they are some shanty road side stall -> but some kids used to frequent them and showed some good results at the gym, i was a committed chicken tandoori guy in those days - never felt the need for beef. But i think its the creatine content, but i used to augment chicken with fish and eggs. 

Those beef serving places are everywhere. In Mumbai you can get beef near The popular Bade Miyans. In Hyderabad there is Kalyani Biryani joints which are very popular. Kalyani being I  believe the breed of cow.

13 minutes ago, Vilander said:

nice to know that its tolerated.

Well to be honest these are in densely Muslim populated areas.

There was never a problem with people eating what they want as long as they are respectful  to other people’s cultures and laws of the land. It is “I will eat beef at any cost regardless of  what you feel where I want when I want, so fk you” attitude that is the problem.

Edited by Global.Baba
6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

avoiding red meet is a good lifestyle choice a healthy one and a green one, but it should be a personal choice. 

There should be no personal choice when it comes to violence towards animals. Do they even use non-violent approach when killing cows. I recently read in one of the local newspapers, that some sick people used acid while killing the poor animal. 

These culprits should be beaten to death by mob. 

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

It is “I will eat beef at any cost regardless of  what you feel, so fk you” attitude that is the problem.

meaning the inhumane slaughter - i am never a fan of halaal never felt humane--> but there are some counter arguments for it in it being more safer prep of the meat itself and the islamic Zabiha and jewish kosher slaughter have humane variants with pre slaughter electric stunners. 

5 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Do they even use non-violent approach when killing cows. I recently read in one of the local newspapers, that some sick people used acid while killing the poor animal. 

Animal cruelty is illegal and should be stopped and punished. Humane slaughter to the extent fesible is needed - halaal is bs for sure. 

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

no because they prefer it over cow. actually most of india, it is buffalo meat that is sold as beef.  Actual beef you will rarely find and is mostly exported.