Ind needs to pull its socks up (WC19)

zen

Ind needs to get its bearing right to do well in the WC2019

• The batting looks poor when there is something in it for the fast bowlers who bowl 145+. Dhawan and Rohit could appear clueless vs good attacks. Less said about Rayudu the better  
  • Some of the guys who have given a run have not been impressive enough -> Rahul, Khaleel, .... 
  • Guys like Pant, who look good at the crease, are hit or miss and need to be consistent 
  • Dhoni, who is past his best, is in contention 
  • Bowlers like Bhuvi fail to pick early wkts and leak runs
  • Bowlers like Umesh pick wkts but leak runs  
  • Heavily dependent on Kohli + Bumrah + Kuldeep 

The ODIs in Aus-NZ are a litmus test. I would not be surprised if players such as Rahane make a comeback to WC19 squad. With others not taking their chances, may be Pandey could get a slot in too 

5 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

We got only 3 reliable players in the team:

Kohli

Kuldeep

Bumrah

It would be miracle if we even reach finals.

And two unreliable players (Dhawan & Rohit) have done better than Kohli in ICC events. Bumrah hasn't really done anything to prove himself in ICC events. If anything he has choked most times during pressure matches and even bhubi :(( has looked better that time. Kuldeep is yet to play icc event i guess?

Bhuvi for the conditions will do fine in England. Our bigger worry is batting line up and not bowling. The way Pant is dailinf and fear of Rayudu getting picked, we need to be worried about that along with Rahul not scoring either.

Bhuvi and of course Bumrah are all set and should be two of the bowlers to be used through out the world cup.  We need to only find their partners. I am not saying Bhuvi doesn’t have to improve, he does need to improve but since injury, he seems to have been bowling fine but restinf a bowler like him doesn’t make sense who just came out of injury. So let him play.

Batting is our concern now