Gautam Gambhir slams BCCI, CoA and CAB for allowing Mohammad Azharuddin to ring bell at Eden Gardens

saik

Gautam Gambhir slammed BCCI, Committee of Administrators (CoA) and the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) for allowing former India captain Mohammad Azharuddin to ring the bell at Eden Gardens ahead of the first T20I between India and Windies, on Sunday.

Azharuddin, who completed the ritual of ringing the bell at Kolkata, was earlier handed a lifetime ban by BCCI for his involvement in the 2000 match-fixing scandal. The former Hyderabad batsman's ban, however, was lifted after 12 years in 2012 by the Andhra Pradesh High Court.

Gambhir made his disappointment clear through this Twitter account. The Delhi cricketer tweeted: India may have won today at Eden but I am sorry @bcci, CoA &CAB lost. Looks like the No Tolerance Policy against Corrupt takes a leave on Sundays! I know he was allowed to contest HCA polls but then this is shocking¦.The bell is ringing, hope the powers that be are listening."

https://in.yahoo.com/cricket/news/gautam-gambhir-slams-bcci-coa-063426003.html

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/gautam-gambhir-blasts-indian-cricket-board-for-allowing-mohammad-azharuddin-to-ring-eden-gardens-bel-1943024

An angry Gautam Gambhir on Monday took to Twitter to blast the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), the Committee of Administrators (CoA) and the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) for allowing Mohammad Azharuddin to ring the bell at Eden Gardens. Ringing the bell ahead of an international match became a ritual at Eden Gardens and some other venues in India recently with former players being given the honour. However, Gambhir was left fuming with the decision to let a cricketer, who was once banned by the BCCI for match-fixing, being given such an honour.

The former India opener, who will always be affiliated to Eden Gardens after captaining the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) to the IPL title, expressed his displeasure at Azharuddin ringing the bell before the start of the 1st T20I between India and the Windies.

Gambhir said that while India won the match against the Windies, "the BCCI, CoA and CAB lost".

Azharuddin's career came to a controversial end after when he was implicated in the infamous match-fixing scandal in 2000 and subsequently banned for life by the BCCI.

He had fought the decision in the Andhra Pradesh High Court, which ruled in his favour in 2012. The Indian cricket board didn't challenge the court order and later made it clear that it no longer prohibited Azharuddin from holding any position in the ICC or BCCI or its affiliated associations.

Azhar, who captained India in 47 Tests, played 99 Tests for India and scored 6,215 runs at an average of 45.03. He represented the national team in 334 One-day Internationals and made 9,378 runs at an average of 36.92.

3 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

Annoying thing is we Indians make fun of Pakistanis for playing Amir back in their team. Heck, we Indians have no right to do that. We have selected these same corrupt cricketers as members of parliament, Bcci official commentators and now bell ringers

What are you talking about? Did BCCI  select Sreeshanth,Azhar or Jadeja In the cricket team ever again and welcome them

with open arms.

As far as Azhar running for election, blame the political parties and the idiots who voted for him. No different from questionable politicians or elects any where in the world.

Edited by Global.Baba
1 minute ago, Oldhere said:

Why has gambhir suddenly raised this?

wasnt it him who was working with Ajay jadeja when jadeja was the coach or selector. Dont clearly remember.

Similarly in KKR wasnt he who was working with Wasim Akram.

I think South Delhi ticket is getting him to do this.

Any link? because its exactly opposite tow hat you are claiming.

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/cricket/gautam-gambhir-leaves-abruptly-as-ajay-jadeja-enters-delhi-ranji-camp_1799316.html

Gautam Gambhir leaves abruptly as Ajay Jadeja enters Delhi Ranji camp!

Delhi's Ranji camp did not start on a positive note as tension surfaced on Friday with veteran batsman Gautam Gambhir leaving abruptly soon after the arrival of Ajay Jadeja.

1 minute ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Gambo is spot on. Also, matches at Eden Gardens need to be banned. Its less cricket these days and more of Mamta's minority appeasement showcase. Remember how they reduced 2 overs in T20 WC so that Mamta Didi can felicitate a bunch of Pak cricketers? No other state will allow Azhar to ring bell....i can give in writing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

UP selected him as there MP. Do you really think we are that smart.

This guy was big superstar alongwith Jadeja but they both played with whole of India.

I used to love Gambhir and wanted him as captain in 2012 but unfortunately nowdays its clear he is speaking with an agenda else wont have been in KKR with Akram

Just now, Oldhere said:

UP selected him as there MP. Do you really think we are that smart.

This guy was big superstar alongwith Jadeja but they both played with whole of India.

I used to love Gambhir and wanted him as captain in 2012 but unfortunately nowdays its clear he is speaking with an agenda else wont have been in KKR with Akram

:rotfl: