IPL team: Kolkata Knight Riders

Feed

Guest Hiten.

Because he does not have a choice, I presume. When they picked a team for India, he had a large pool of players to pick from. Not so, for KKR

Laxman blasts 'shocking' pitch VVS Laxman has termed the Eden Gardens pitch on which his Deccan Chargers lost their IPL opener against the Kolkata Knight Riders "shocking". More... Laxman blasts 'shocking' pitch Cricinfo staff April 20, 2008 VVS Laxman: "It was not a good pitch for any form of the game" © AFP VVS Laxman has termed the Eden Gardens pitch on which his Deccan Chargers lost their IPL opener against the Kolkata Knight Riders "shocking" and said the power failure towards the end of the match contributed to the defeat as it affected the players' concentration. "It was not a good pitch for any form of the game. It was a shocking wicket," said Laxman after Hyderabad were shot out for 110 on a track that provided a lot of assistance to both seamers and spinners. "In the Twenty20 format you expect high scores. Though the match became exciting in the end, it was tough for the batsmen to go for shots." After the first two days of the IPL was dominated by the bat, Eden Gardens provided a bowler-friendly surface. It has everything from extremely variable bounce - the first ball Laxman faced kept low while the third jumped viciously from a length to crash into his gloves - and big turn as Andrew Symonds found out when a Mohammad Hafeez delivery landed well outside off and spun past him down the leg side. Even local boy Sourav Ganguly struggled to come to terms with the pitch, getting hit on the chest from a length ball that took off. Laxman felt that the nature of the Eden Gardens track was changing. "I played here in the Ranji Trophy and also a Test sometime back. The wicket was slow on both occasions. I think you are not getting the wicket we expect at Eden." Laxman also complained about the floodlight failure as the match was heading towards a tight finish. Kolkata needed 22 from 20 with five wickets in hand when one of the light towers went off, holding play up for about half an hour. When play resumed, David Hussey guided Kolkata to victory with one over to spare. "The interruption definitely affected us. The momentum was towards us. And the bowlers were in great rhythm," Laxman said. "But having said that, I must say that the bowlers were in great rhythm when play resumed." Hussey, whose unbeaten 38 fetched him the Man-of-the-Match award, played down the difficult nature of the track and admitted his side were helped by the interruption in play. "It was a good break for us," he said. "We got to collect our thoughts, have a drink and re-adjust our game plans and that probably worked in our favour."

kolkata knight riders - the biggest CHEATERS in IPL when they were about to lose, they switched off 1 of the lights so as to get more time to think of their strategy when 1 of their players was about to get run-out, he came in between the bowler(styris) & the ball when styris was about to pick up the ball. the batsman just run into him

when they were about to lose, they switched off 1 of the lights so as to get more time to think of their strategy when 1 of their players was about to get run-out, he came in between the bowler(styris) & the ball when styris was about to pick up the ball. the batsman just run into him
1. when the floodlight didn't work, both teams got chance to rethink their strategy.plus kkr batsmen had to get used to that devil of a pitch again. 2. if u look at the replay,the ball was in the pitch and batsmen have every right in the pitch to run in anyway he likes.

If you ask me, I liked this match quite a lot. For the first time the ball seemed to dominate the bat and that was a very pleasant change. If all the matches are played on flat tracks where sixes will be hit at will, then things would become too monotonus. There should be good mix of all kinds of tracks. The mumbai track was quite good in my opinion too. Just the Mohali pitch was bad.

If you ask me, I liked this match quite a lot. For the first time the ball seemed to dominate the bat and that was a very pleasant change. If all the matches are played on flat tracks where sixes will be hit at will, then things would become too monotonus. There should be good mix of all kinds of tracks. The mumbai track was quite good in my opinion too. Just the Mohali pitch was bad.
Match was good - but pitch really sucked. The pitch was actually dangerous to play, since it broke up from over 2 itself. I wouldn't want to face any quickie on such a pitch. I mean, I saw the amount of turn a bowler like Hafeez got - it was ridiculous.

It was amusing to see Ganguly throw his bat away in disgust after he got hit in the elbow. Imagine the young kids watching, they will be throwing the only bat they got looking at that the next time. Unfortunately though Ganguly has a bat sponsor but the kids will only have a bat or two at the most. :-D

It was amusing to see Ganguly throw his bat away in disgust after he got hit in the elbow. Imagine the young kids watching' date=' they will be throwing the only bat they got looking at that the next time. Unfortunately though Ganguly has a bat sponsor but the kids will only have a bat or two at the most. :-D[/quote'] Good point Ravi.I have seen many grown-ups doing that....