India vs Windies: Lucknow T20I will be a low-scoring affair, says local curator

https://www.crictracker.com/india-vs-windies-lucknow-t20i-will-be-a-low-scoring-affair-says-local-curator/

According to the local curator of Lucknow’s Ekana International Cricket Stadium, the second T20I scheduled on Tuesday is likely to be a low-scoring one with spinners having a lot of possibility of taking the upper edge. While Lucknow is hosting an international cricket match after 24 years, it will be the inaugural game in the newly built Ekana stadium.

“It won’t be a high-scoring game for sure. The pitch has long dead grass on both sides with cracks in between. It will be a slow bouncing wicket and spinners are expected to play a big part from the beginning,” the Scroll cited reports quoting the curator as saying. Anything above 130 will be a good score, it was said.

“The pitch is made of soil exported from Odisha’s Bolangir which is famous for its slow nature. Both the teams will find it difficult to score runs and hit big shots with long square boundaries.”

Another curator, who has also worked on the wicket, said dew will also play a role in making scoring difficult on the surface. He said though the outfield is fast, the fact that winter is setting in North India means dew will be playing a role from the word go and boundaries will be cut down and the batsmen will have to make a lot of running.