Krunal Pandya wanted to bowl at Mumbai Indians’ teammate Kieron Pollard

https://www.crictracker.com/krunal-pandya-wanted-to-bowl-at-mumbai-indians-teammate-kieron-pollard/

Rohit Sharma, who is captaining India in the three-match T20I series, praised Krunal and even revealed that the Baroda bowler was keen to take on Pollard. Rohit, who is the captain of the Mumbai Indians, said: “Krunal, I’ve seen him closely playing for Mumbai Indians. He likes the situation where the team expects him to perform.”

“He was the one who asked me ‘I want to bowl to Pollard, and get him out’. When you see guys accept challenges and bail the team out, it’s exciting as captain or as a team management,” Rohit, who failed to score big in the game after a tremendous ODI series, said.

Pandya got Pollard in his second over of the game

It all happened in the 10th over of the Windies innings. Krunal gave away 10 runs in his first over and was bowling the second. The first one saw the fielding side appealing as the ball hit Pollard’s pad but it was missing the stumps. Krunal then did the trick in the second ball as the hard-hitting Caribbean tried to hit him out of the ground again but the bat turned in his grip and the ball landed straight in the hands of Manish Pandey at long on.

It was a big wicket as Pollard is known for his damaging impact on the game at any moment. Krunal celebrated his first international wicket with a flying kiss and speaking of the rapport he shares with the Windies, said in the post-match conference: “I am going to tease him for sure. He was like a brother to me. Getting his wicket was special for me.” He also said that his flying kiss was actually a display of his love for his Mumbai Indians’ colleague.