“Leave India,” Virat Kohli Tells Fan Who Like Foreign Batsmen More Than Indian Batsmen and the tale of Sachin and his Ferrari

20 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

we are saying it cannot be something that can be used against Sachin's character, since it was a gift, not a purchase and it was taken care of without his interference, in the first place. 

gift or purchase is irrelevant before law.  an imported object that is listed to be levied duty needs to be duty paid in full, an attempt to evade payment of the said duty shall be prevented and the said duty collected --> which was duly followed. folks sitting in customs directorate are not some chums , they have reams of books on this. Its immaterial to contest this, no exemption can be sought in such cases of luxury its not that there was a benefit for people cause there, its a luxy item a pleasure item even a sport car.

30 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

I think its about time you cut your losses, put ego aside and STFU when decisively told wrong by an expert.

you are only dropping lower , it means nothing to me. your PM's and your STFU here dont add up Mulog. you need to introspect if you are just trying to win an argument here.  Again i am being civil. 

59 minutes ago, Vilander said:

false, his retort was for the fan saying ' these indians' he has issued a clarification. i called this out before Virats clarification in this very thread. 

?? Can you re-phrase that ?

The 'harmless' 'fan' did say these indians. as a generalization which needed a retort which came in the form of a crude anger burst from Virat. Nothing to take side or write about.

Yep there is. He is in the spot-light, better anger-management and grace is required for a wannabe role-model. This is not his village. Virat being a low-class mastaan does not reflect well on the professionalism of the sport or his role as a role model. 

But  tax ( no import duty..to be precise) evasion is a whole different matter. Which anyway we have discussed in detail.

Which did not happen, since there was never a charge of evasion, in the first place. Unless you can show us Tendulkar getting charged with tax/import-duty evasion as a crime, your claim is nonsensical. 

Edited by Muloghonto
43 minutes ago, Vilander said:

you are only dropping lower , it means nothing to me. your PM's and your STFU here dont add up Mulog. you need to introspect if you are just trying to win an argument here.  Again i am being civil. 

They do make sense, since i clarified my 'STFU' comment and therefore, using it again: STFU on your nonsense when corrected by an expert. This is not even me here (but Mariyam), so i dont see why you need to get egotistical about it with me. 

46 minutes ago, Vilander said:

in a larger scheme of things, sachin ferrari duty evasion is symptomatic of the country, bending rules for the benefit of the rich and powerful. 

Not country. World. Species homo sapiens. Rich means power, power means bending the rules/working it to your favor. Cleanliness is all about how much dirty business one avoids to bend the rules. 

57 minutes ago, Vilander said:

he tried to and was prevented. 

Nope. He was never charged import duty evasion. There was never a warrant against his name and you need to have a warrant against you to be legally charged with anything. Nevermind convicted. So your tax evasion charge makes zero sense. 

There is nothing legally or morally wrong in what Tendulkar did and there are legal experts here telling you that.

But your hatred is too strong and especially pricked due to Virat's low-class behaviour. 

Edited by Muloghonto

the insecure indian is the one who calls 'these indians' as a generalization in a derogatory sense, that is also ugly. Sorry personally i cant support such a language against fellow Indians. 

there is such a thing called ugly-indian. Its the mastaan types. Even we Indians make fun of them for it. Virat is one such ugly indian. If he acted the same on the streets and nobody knew him, he'd get beaten up for his mastaan ugly-indian attitude.

gift or purchase is irrelevant before law.  an imported object that is listed to be levied duty needs to be duty paid in full, an attempt to evade payment of the said duty shall be prevented and the said duty collected --> which was duly followed.

But it was not collected FROM Tendulkar, neither is Tendulkar OBLIGATED to pay it. As Mariyam countered with facts, the duty issue is not Tendulkar's problem and it wasn't made to be his problem either. 

folks sitting in customs directorate are not some chums , they have reams of books on this. Its immaterial to contest this, no exemption can be sought in such cases of luxury its not that there was a benefit for people cause there, its a luxy item a pleasure item even a sport car.

Sure. Hence the party to blame, the gifter, payed it in full. Not Tendulkar's problem. if someone drops a gift in your yard and the government says 'exemption granted', then rescinds it, the gifter pays the tax, you LITERALLY have zero moral or ethical culpability here.

But enough of Tendulkar. You tried to defend your idol Virat by bringing in Tendulkar, then yourself admitted you are tired of talking about Tendulkar. follow through with your own words and return to Virat being a crap person for saying that.

This thread is about Viraat being a low-class mastaan. 

Edited by Muloghonto
3 hours ago, Vilander said:

well treue, and it was requested to be waived but  was not waived. and it was asked to be paid for and paid...

i am not sure why some sachin fans want to circle jerk and say it never happened when it did happen. I dont care enough man, posted too much on this.

Who requested?

Sachin?

And had he requested , there was no issue to it.

7 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Sachin then drove his Ferrari around for few days, before the PIL was filed in the Delhi High Court. The PIL wasn't filed keeping local competition in mind, but the fact that an exemption generally (not always) is provided for objects/instruments that help in bettering the lot of the people of India. That had been the general precedent. And a Ferrari doesn't help the public at large. 

The Delhi High Court's decision could have been challenged and it was the ruling BJP at the centre who were going to challenge the decision when FIAT paid the import duty.

It is all about getting  the corrupt minister to sign the waiver which should not have been signed because it did not meet all the requirements...like bettering the lot of the people.

It is about using ones clout to work around the rules. Some thing a person in his position is not expected to do....otherwise there is no difference between him ,the national hero and the minister who used the loopholes to deny the govt the rightful money .

This is not the only incidence.

There was another one of him using his power as RS member to try and get favors for a friend from the defence minister.

Thankfully Parrikar was no Mahajan.

Edited by beetle
2 hours ago, beetle said:

It is all about getting  the corrupt minister to sign the waiver which should not have been signed because it did not meet all the requirements...like bettering the lot of the people.

It is about using ones clout to work around the rules. Some thing a person in his position is not expected to do....otherwise there is no difference between him ,the national hero and the minister who used the loopholes to deny the govt the rightful money .

This is not the only incidence.

There was another one of him using his power as RS member to try and get favors for a friend from the defence minister.

Thankfully Parrikar was no Mahajan.

Using one's clout is lobbying. That is a democratic right of every citizen of this country. Whether or not it is ethical is debatable.

There is nothing illegal in what Sachin did wrt Ferrari.

Saying he evaded taxes or Customs duty is plain wrong.  

Edited by Mariyam
9 hours ago, Vilander said:

well treue, and it was requested to be waived but  was not waived. and it was asked to be paid for and paid...

i am not sure why some sachin fans want to circle jerk and say it never happened when it did happen. I dont care enough man, posted too much on this.

You are lying again. It was waived off. If it weren't, what do you think the PIL was all about?? :confused:

For your benefit, I posted the entire sequence of event TWICE. Yet you keep lying so that your lies can fit a narrative.

You also called it tax evasion for the first few times and when corrected changed it to customs duty evasion.

Sachin Tendulkar has never been charged with Customs Duty evasion. For that he has to be in possession of the car without payment of duty or necessary clearances. Or the car has to be smuggled into India or he must have undervalued the worth of the car to the customs officers. In Sachin's case, he had the clearances. So there is no question of a Custom Duty evasion charge.

Edited by Mariyam
19 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Tendy was not the purchaser or the custom broker, neither was he the owner technically, since the title papers were not transferred to him either. 

LOL at competitive advantage to Indian manufacturer. Stop talking bakwaas, there is no competitor to high end luxury sporting vehicles for Ferrari in India. Its simply a luxury goods tax, which many nations have. 

Sachin was being gifted something - anyone recieving a gift is fully within their moral rights to ask for tax exemptions, as it beats the whole purpose of recieving a gift. The gifting side recognized their error and paid the import tax, like they should've in the first place. 

Accuse Sachin if you can show he purchased something and then wanted tax exemption for it. 

+especially if the tax price is more than the price of the vehicle.