Weird but Indian team looks more efficient without Kohli and Dhoni

Kohli is a one man army and Dhoni love him or hate him there is no denying there is a certain aura about him from his past accomplishments.

However whenever these 2 have rested this team looks much more ruthless and efficient.

This is not a Rohit Sharma captaincy appreciation thread but be it Kohli’s captaincy or Dhoni’s uselessness as a player, it always throws the team balance.

Guys like DK, Bhuvi,Kuldeep etc look a lot more relaxed and involved.

Just my personal observation 

I was hoping that Virat as captain would bring a long overdue update to the stale batting tactics that Indian team has been using since before the last WC.  Instead, Virat has doubled down on the conservatism.  Tbh, even Rohit subscribes to the same mentality. 

Rest is all perception and noise. 

And a backhanded attempt at Rohit puja.  From the usual suspect.

5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I was hoping that Virat as captain would bring a long overdue update to the stale batting tactics that Indian team has been using since before the last WC.  Instead, Virat has doubled down on the conservatism.  Tbh, even Rohit subscribes to the same mentality. 

this thread is not about batting approach.

I think i have posted this in past but i will say it again. There was one thing i noted from video while Rohit was talking about Nidhas Trophy Final where DK got quite angry on him for sending lower down the order. Rohit tried to explain there is need of your experience in lower order but DK was so angry that he didn't talk to him for few days. Later when they were coming back to India Dk finally thanked him. Can you imagine this happening with Kohli or even Dhoni? Nope their aura is way bigger and players play with bit fear. They can't express themselves. Rohit is more of friendly character even as captain so he can work better as captain for this side than Kohli.

Edited by Nikola
1 minute ago, Nikola said:

I think i have posted this in past but i will say it again. This was one video i was watching Rohit say about Nidhas Trophy Final where DK got quite angry on him for sending lower down the order. Rohit tried to explain there is need of your experience in lower order but DK was so angry that he didn't talk to him for few days. Later when they were coming back to India Dk finally thanked him. Can you imagine this happening with Kohli? Nope his aura is way bigger and players play with fear. They can't express themselves. Rohit is more of friendly character even as captain so he can work better as captain for this side than Kohli.

Top post. I anyway don't understand the need to have only 1 captain. VK can captain in tests and Rohit can captain in limited overs cricket. His captaincy in Asia Cup was especially impressive.

People are getting the message wrong, it is only partly to do with the captaincy. Sure Rohit being the better LOI Captain has been discussed to death.

However Dhoni and Kohli are part of our main X1 and add to that Kohli is the best batsman in the world. Still this team doesn’t look all that much more stronger. I have seen this team look much vulnerable in Kohli’s presence. Surely his captaincy can’t make so much of a difference. Obviously Dhonis uselessness has been discussed to death. 

36 minutes ago, sandeep said:

:laugh: I have never seen you have a consistent view point on anything on this forum except maybe about Hardik Pandya :) ironically something he lacks.

Edited by Global.Baba
11 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

People are getting the message wrong, it is only partly to do with the captaincy. Sure Rohit being the better LOI Captain has been discussed to death.

However Dhoni and Kohli are part of our main X1 and add to that Kohli is the best batsman in the world. Still this team doesn’t look all that much more stronger. I have seen this team look much vulnerable in Kohli’s presence. Surely his captaincy can’t make so much of a difference. Obviously Dhonis uselessness has been discussed to death. 

Maybe players are just free to express themselves under Rohit. He loves to give players a confidence. Even when dropping umesh today he was saying it's really sad that he miss the game as bhuvi is back in side. Virat just keeps dropping and changing xi for no reason. Rohit maybe says to player to play freely in series you won't get dropped and will get my backing till end of series. Obviously in end it's individual who have got to do the job for the team and captain can give you backing and confidence but these are few stuff which makes big change in performance of individual and end in affect team's performance. 

Edited by Nikola