Breaking: Steve Smith, David Warner bans could be lifted, says Cricket Australia CEO

Nikola

What are our chances to win series if Smith & Warner make comeback?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What are our chances to win series if Smith & Warner make comeback?

“The ACA submission around the players’ sanctions was received by the board a few days ago,” Roberts told reporters.

“It was addressed to the board rather than to me or all management. So not for me to comment on a board matter other than to say that the board will be respecting that submission and giving it due consideration.”

“I think what’s really important is that we at Cricket Australia need to embrace the players and we need to make sure that the players feel a really valued part of Cricket Australia,” he said.

“There’s no doubt that we need to face up to the review and the fact that it acknowledged that the organisation hasn’t been united enough across the playing and long-playing sides.”

Source: https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/steve-smith-david-warner-bans-could-be-lifted-says-cricket-australia-ceo/story-BMzxAQXrJy41ZFwjg2TmWJ.html

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Brilliant news. I always felt their ban was bit harsh. It was a match fee fine or max 2 game ban offense.

World cricket needs a strong Australian team and not the one that surrendered to Pak recently. Ind-Aust rivalry is no fun without Smith & Warner

False. It wasn't harsh enough.

In plenty of other sports, match-fixing and cheating is ban for whole season/life. There are tennis players today who have been banned for life for cheating. 

20 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

False. It wasn't harsh enough.

In plenty of other sports, match-fixing and cheating is ban for whole season/life. There are tennis players today who have been banned for life for cheating

Then change icc rules? If faf has tampered ball multiple times and is caught still he is captain of SA. Srilanka captain got caught recently and no one cared. Why care only for Smith & Warner?

3 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Then change icc rules? If faf has tampered ball multiple times and is caught still he is captain of SA. Srilanka captain got caught recently and no one cared. Why care only for Smith & Warner?

Again, miscarriage of justice is NEVER a solid defence in any scenario. 

Saying ' you didnt charge the 1 million rapists from 2000 years ago, why r u charing me now' is irrelevant.

Cheaters should have atleast a season or two complete ban, if not life-time bans. Too bad they didnt do it earlier, but better late than never to start. 

Edited by Muloghonto
43 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Again, miscarriage of justice is NEVER a solid defence in any scenario. 

Saying ' you didnt charge the 1 million rapists from 2000 years ago, why r u charing me now' is irrelevant.

Cheaters should have atleast a season or two complete ban, if not life-time bans. Too bad they didnt do it earlier, but better late than never to start. 

ICC Rules say 1 or 2 match ban for tampering & that's it. It's not as big issue as you making it look like. Obviously What cricket Aus did only they can do no other board can do it & now players will think twice before tampering the ball.

17 minutes ago, Nikola said:

ICC Rules say 1 or 2 match ban for tampering & that's it. It's not as big issue as you making it look like. Obviously What cricket Aus did only they can do no other board can do it & now players will think twice before tampering the ball.

its a big issue. cheating is cheating. As i said, in various other sports, cheating gets you a lifetime ban. As it should.