Breaking: Steve Smith, David Warner bans could be lifted, says Cricket Australia CEO

Nikola

What are our chances to win series if Smith & Warner make comeback?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What are our chances to win series if Smith & Warner make comeback?

2 hours ago, Nikola said:

Lol that's like Aus winning in India without Kohli & Pujara. Let them have their best player and then it would be fun for fans to watch else it would be boring series for sure.

thoughts of winning in Aus gives biggest excitement no matter if 11 labusshabganae is in the team.

13 minutes ago, putrevus said:

It won't be easy winning without them also. Our batsmen become tailenders against their fast bowlers.

Our test attack for the first time looks like they can match them pound for pound. Their bowling is not that much better than England and SA and we were able to compete with them.

Our batting definetely looks better than Australia minus Smith and Warner. 

8 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Our test attack for the first time looks like they can match them pound for pound. Their bowling is not that much better than England and SA and we were able to compete with them.

Their attack is far superior in Australia than ours espicially on flat tracks. other than Kohli there is no batsman.

Edited by putrevus
On 11/8/2018 at 8:31 PM, Global.Baba said:

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

when you have guys like Marsh bros, labuchuganalasagna and Alex Carey in the middle order and think Maxwell is your savior surprised they did not request Gilchrist and Ponting to come out of retirement.

Aussies did that in the past when they asked Bob Simpson to come out of retirement.

Michael bad back Clarke said he is ready to come out of retirement and be captain.

1 minute ago, nevada said:

Michael bad back Clarke said he is ready to come out of retirement and be captain.

Not surprised at all. 

They had a similar phase in the 80s as well when Border took over  and in the 70s during the Kerry packer stuff.

But since the 87 WC Win,Aus has never been a weak team, maybe a small setback here and there but they were always a top 3 team for almost 30 years. I think they are panicking because of that and rightfully so.

20 minutes ago, nevada said:

It like Bobby Simpson who came out retirement to captain against India in 1977 series during Packer world series. Aussies did win that series 3-2. That was so shameful that Indian full strength team could not even beat a rag tag team.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

It like Bobby Simpson who came out retirement to captain against India in 1977 series during Packer world series. Aussies did win that series 3-2. That was so shameful that Indian full strength team could not even beat a rag tag team.

There was some shady umpiring in the decider I believe. I am getting my timelines mixed up because you say 1977 ,but There is actually a Kapil Dev post match about the poor umpiring where Indians denied a series win probably some time in the 80s during the Border era

Edited by Global.Baba
45 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

our hobbits wont work in Australia.  In Australia, you require few things that our bowlers lack, first is pace with utmost precision.  we have but not precision except Bumrah to some extent. Second is bounce.  Shami, Umesh, BK all lack that kind of bounce needed on truer surfaces.   

26 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

There was some shady umpiring in the decider I believe. I am getting my timelines mixed up because you say 1977 ,but There is actually a Kapil Dev post match about the poor umpiring where Indians denied a series win probably some time in the 80s during the Border era

The series Kapil talked about happened in late 1985. India came close but couldn't win the series.

35 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

You are getting your timelines mixed up.The series you are talking about is 1985-86 series under Kapil Dev. That series India was so far superior but could not win that series due to rain , themselves and umpiring in that order.

They should  have won that series as they were chasing 125 to win Melbourne test and with rain in forecast which was known to the team.Srikanth and Gavaskar instead of attacking from word go played as if they had  ample time .Gavaskar was horrible batting  so slow.

45 minutes ago, putrevus said:

You are getting your timelines mixed up.The series you are talking about is 1985-86 series under Kapil Dev. That series India was so far superior but could not win that series due to rain , themselves and umpiring in that order.

They should  have won that series as they were chasing 125 to win Melbourne test and with rain in forecast which was known to the team.Srikanth and Gavaskar instead of attacking from word go played as if they had  ample time .Gavaskar was horrible batting  so slow.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/16833/scorecard/63419/australia-vs-india-2nd-test-india-tour-of-australia-1985-86

They SHOULD have won this match!!! :no: