mani sha

This kid seems like an entertainer lol

"Shiva is a spinner who is capable of bowling a bouncer because of his strong left shoulder. He has a couple of different actions - sometimes he doesn't lift his non-bowling arm. Sometimes he walks up to the crease like a zombie, but he's got good control over them.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25213327/shiva-singh-360-degree-delivery-falls-foul-umpires

2 minutes ago, Mosher said:

"Shiva is a spinner who is capable of bowling a bouncer because of his strong left shoulder. He has a couple of different actions - sometimes he doesn't lift his non-bowling arm. Sometimes he walks up to the crease like a zombie, but he's got good control over them.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25213327/shiva-singh-360-degree-delivery-falls-foul-umpires

u19 wc winner

Shiva said he felt his action was perfectly fine and that the bowler - like batsmen, who are permitted to switch-hit - should be allowed an element of surprise. "I use different variations in one-dayers and T20s so I thought of doing the same because the Bengal batsmen were developing a partnership," Shiva said. "The umpires said dead ball, so I asked "why are you calling it a dead ball?"

-----------------------------------------------------

weird bande ki baat mein dum hai ( weirdo has a point there):roti:

I support this rebel bowler :protest:.

1 hour ago, eternalhope said:

I am not sure why it was called a dead ball. Seems perfectly legal delivery to me.

because umpire has right to call dead-ball if he feels the bowler has distracted the batsman. Its in the article of ICC IIRC.

Umpire can contend that this spin-o-rama is distracting to the batsman and unnecessary for the bowler to do, to complete his delivery.

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

because umpire has right to call dead-ball if he feels the bowler has distracted the batsman. Its in the article of ICC IIRC.

Umpire can contend that this spin-o-rama is distracting to the batsman and unnecessary for the bowler to do, to complete his delivery.

Then is it not distracting for the bowler if the batsmen decides to switch hit or reverse sweep before the ball is delivered? What about those incidents? Same should go for both ways. It's biased towards the batsmen.

5 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

Then is it not distracting for the bowler if the batsmen decides to switch hit or reverse sweep before the ball is delivered? What about those incidents? Same should go for both ways. It's biased towards the batsmen.

this argument came up before, the argument is, the change in stance is necessary to execute the shot of switch-hit. Players are allowed to do whatever is necessary to deliver/play the ball. The bowler's rotating 360 is not necessary to deliver the ball. Its the equivalent of how batsmen are not allowed to jump in their crease at point of delivery or wave their arms around at point of delivery, either.

58 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

U might be right, but isn't an extra pause in the delivery stride like what Ashwin does  sometimes or the funny action of the SAfrican Adams more distracting. To argue the kids case, it is a continuous motion or say disguising it till the last moment :giggle: as some pacers do.

Walk like a zombie....that would surely be an undead ball.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, eternalhope said:

U might be right, but isn't an extra pause in the delivery stride like what Ashwin does  sometimes or the funny action of the SAfrican Adams more distracting. To argue the kids case, it is a continuous motion or say disguising it till the last moment :giggle: as some pacers do.

i think these largely fall under umpire's discretion, so its hard to argue a hard and solid line. This kid did the same in another match and did not get dead-ball called for it. 

51 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

i think these largely fall under umpire's discretion, so its hard to argue a hard and solid line. This kid did the same in another match and did not get dead-ball called for it. 

I agree till the ICC comes up with a rule for this, it will be umpires discretion. I like the idea though and hope the ICC gives its nod.

Edited by eternalhope
2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

this argument came up before, the argument is, the change in stance is necessary to execute the shot of switch-hit. Players are allowed to do whatever is necessary to deliver/play the ball. The bowler's rotating 360 is not necessary to deliver the ball. Its the equivalent of how batsmen are not allowed to jump in their crease at point of delivery or wave their arms around at point of delivery, either.

kedar jadhav might want to rotate 720 to deliver