Sid kaul selected for third t20 against WI

10 minutes ago, Nikola said:

There are few accounts which are starting to give me troll for old posts in 3rd or 4th odi of windies match. As mod you should be able to find and fix this issue. Either bot/multi accounter is deliberately doing this.

there are 3/4 bots i guess ..

it randomly gives votes and it is digging 6 months old IPL match threads as well :lol: 

admins marked as spam , but it can still vote .. need to delete or remove their accounts

Let me play the devils advocate here for a moment at the expense of receiving hate from speed fans

Facts - yes Kaul is a trundler with no upside

at the same time Krunall checks a lot of boxes as a lower order hitter who can bowl and has a lot more upside from a future perspective

However Kaul has performed well in 2 back to back IPLs just like Krunall

On one hand we want Krunall Pandya who  is a top IPL performer based on talent but at the same time have issues with Kaul and Chahar’s selections.

As fans we can see most times who has it and who doesn’t however as professional selectors you have to draw the line somewhere.

If IPL is being considered as a benchmark for selections then Kaul is also fairly rewarded just like Krunall is.

Talent is subjective, we all  have different  opinion on each players which is fine but selectors can’t work like that. 

Take the example of Siraj, we all see him as a special talent but he is not a good T20 bowler. Same goes for Umesh and Shami. Selectors have to also start somewhere.

Yes picking proven failures like Unadkut is obviously a poor decision regardless of him flattering in IPL as we know we have been duped many times.

However I personally think despite being mediocre for obvious reasons Kaul and even Chahar have earned some chances. What is the point of performing then?

Edited by Global.Baba
14 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Let me play the devils advocate here for a moment at the expense of receiving hate from speed fans

at the same time Krunall checks a lot of boxes as a lower order hitter who can bowl and has a lot more upside from a future perspective

On one hand we want Krunall Pandya who  is a top IPL performer based on talent but at the same time have issues with Kaul and Chahar’s selections.

As fans we can see most times who has it and who doesn’t however as professional selectors you have to draw the line somewhere.

If IPL is being considered as a benchmark for selections then Kaul is also fairly rewarded just like Krunall is.

Talent is subjective, we all  have different  opinion on each players which is fine but selectors can’t work like that. 

Take the example of Siraj, we all see him as a special talent but he is not a good T20 bowler. Same goes for Umesh and Shami. Selectors have to also start somewhere.

Yes picking proven failures like Unadkut is obviously a poor decision regardless of him flattering in IPL as we know we have been duped many times.

However I personally think despite being mediocre for obvious reasons Kaul and even Chahar have earned some chances. What is the point of performing then?

It is T20, so he can work.  no problem with his selection.  Problem is if they again select him for ODIs where he has 0 wickets after 3 matches with an ER of 6.6.

5 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

So why are IPL performers like Ankit Rajpoot, Surya Yadav or Shreyas Gopal being ignored then   ?

Or long term IPL performers like Utthappa, Chawla or Mishra ignored  ?

Or  F.C. beast pacers like Joginder Sharma or Vinay Kumar not picked for tests  ?

Clearly, performance has not been and has never been the sole parameter for selection.  (  And neither can it be )

Edited by express bowling