Sid kaul selected for third t20 against WI

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

So why are IPL performers like Ankit Rajpoot, Surya Yadav or Shreyas Gopal being ignored then   ?

Or long term IPL performers like Utthappa, Chawla or Mishra ignored  ?

Or  F.C. beast pacers like Joginder Sharma or Vijay Kumar not picked for tests  ?

Clearly, performance has not been and has never been the sole parameter for selection.

Vinay Kumar got his chance and it was well deserved based on his FC exploits and same can be said for Pankaj Singh. Obviously they didn’t have it in them and rightfully discarded.

You have to draw the line somewhere. Obviously you can’t rely on numbers alone but at the same time even if you make a subjective/objective decision you need some data to back it up. Works the same way in every walk of life. 

Uthappa agreed deserves a chance.

Sky too is not a bad option in T20. Iirc he didn’t have a great IPL last year.

Rajpoot and Goyal, have they been top tier performers like Kaul?

Mishra too was in the scheme of things til not so distant past. However with Kuldeep and Chahal, he has fallen below the pecking order.

Edited by Global.Baba
1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Problem is ... they cannot demarcate between T20I and ODI performances.

If he does well in T20Is ... he maybe back in ODIs. 

See this I agree. However nothing wrong in him being selected for T20. 

Anyways I rather have Kaul take a whooping than a young pacer and have his confidence destroyed like it happened with Siraj

38 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Let me play the devils advocate here for a moment at the expense of receiving hate from speed fans

Facts - yes Kaul is a trundler with no upside

at the same time Krunall checks a lot of boxes as a lower order hitter who can bowl and has a lot more upside from a future perspective

However Kaul has performed well in 2 back to back IPLs just like Krunall

On one hand we want Krunall Pandya who  is a top IPL performer based on talent but at the same time have issues with Kaul and Chahar’s selections.

As fans we can see most times who has it and who doesn’t however as professional selectors you have to draw the line somewhere.

If IPL is being considered as a benchmark for selections then Kaul is also fairly rewarded just like Krunall is.

Talent is subjective, we all  have different  opinion on each players which is fine but selectors can’t work like that. 

Take the example of Siraj, we all see him as a special talent but he is not a good T20 bowler. Same goes for Umesh and Shami. Selectors have to also start somewhere.

Yes picking proven failures like Unadkut is obviously a poor decision regardless of him flattering in IPL as we know we have been duped many times.

However I personally think despite being mediocre for obvious reasons Kaul and even Chahar have earned some chances. What is the point of performing then?

Agree u hve a logical point

But selection will never be fair in this sport

For yrs we have seen cricketer with avg dometic record dominating the game vs who were domestic legend n cudnt come upto the demands of international cricket

U hve to select 11 best player from a country with our population, so stop expecting fair n unfair...u cnt be fair to everyone 

This is what selectors job is to find the best talent not the best number, number dekh ke selection krna hota to koi bhi cricinfo dekh ke ban jata 

Their wud have been dozens in Wi cricket wud have done well in their domestic, yet a thomas who was fast tracked came n rattled dhawan one of the best in his format. Their wud be dozens of xamples like that - pandya over rishi dhawan

Now cming to kaul, yes he has been excellent in IPL ....he got games for India

Now did u see anything special in his bowling ........i didnt 

Yes talent is subjective, but thats why selectors are given job n trusted on 

Ok Kaul n chahar can be good addition for t20 but not other formats, yet they are backups their to

So can mavi, rajpoot be also good for t20 but also odi to..............so doesnt that make more sense to have them 

19 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

See this I agree. However nothing wrong in him being selected for T20. 

Anyways I rather have Kaul take a whooping than a young pacer and have his confidence destroyed like it happened with Siraj

Someone like Siraj is already a wrong choice in 1st place for t20

Also why are we so afraid of someone being battered, they play IPL in which they all will be trashed on some days

How will a bowler learn unless he has bad days, itna kyun darte hai hum ki maar padegi.....padti hai padne do. Bowler maar khaa ke hi bante hia. N if he looses it well he wasnt meant to be here coz international cricket is all about that 

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Agree u hve a logical point

But selection will never be fair in this sport

For yrs we have seen cricketer with avg dometic record dominating the game vs who were domestic legend n cudnt come upto the demands of international cricket

U hve to select 11 best player from a country with our population, so stop expecting fair n unfair...u cnt be fair to everyone 

This is what selectors job is to find the best talent not the best number, number dekh ke selection krna hota to koi bhi cricinfo dekh ke ban jata 

Their wud have been dozens in Wi cricket wud have done well in their domestic, yet a thomas who was fast tracked came n rattled dhawan one of the best in his format. Their wud be dozens of xamples like that - pandya over rishi dhawan

Now cming to kaul, yes he has been excellent in IPL ....he got games for India

Now did u see anything special in his bowling ........i didnt 

Yes talent is subjective, but thats why selectors are given job n trusted on 

Ok Kaul n chahar can be good addition for t20 but not other formats, yet they are backups their to

So can mavi, rajpoot be also good for t20 but also odi to..............so doesnt that make more sense to have them 

When there is no benchmark or guideline and everything is subjective than things will never be fair.

With all the scrutiny regionalism etc creeps in selections, can you imagine if people are given a free ride to be pick on instinct?

Raja Harishchandra ka zamaana nahi hai aur galti se koi Harishchandra abhi gaya tho there are other people in the commitee. 

That is  why I said a fine line. You can’t expect selectors to pick on twitter and YouTube. They need some data as well and obviously nothing beats actually watching someone and analyzing all aspects. However it is impossible to do that for every single pick.

Mavi etc have done nothing at any T20 level. I don’t follow the domestic T20 (not IPL) so correct me If I am wrong.

Bumrah was stellar in IPL and so was Bhuvi. Khaleel had a good showing in ODIs and picked on potential but again he had a good showing at an international level.

So who would you pick?

31 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Vinay Kumar got his chance and it was well deserved based on his FC exploits Obviously they didn’t have it in them and rightfully discarded.

Vinay played just 1 test.  No one can be said to have got his chance based on that.

And Joginder Sharma, with super FC stats , never played a test.

Sky too is not a bad option in T20. Iirc he didn’t have a great IPL last year.

He did.

Rajpoot and Goyal, have they been top tier performers like Kaul?

In IPL 2018, Rajpoot had the lowest average amongst Indian pacers with 10+ wickets.   And he swung the ball beautifully and got steep bounce too.

Gopal was not far behind in terms of performance.

Mishra too was in the scheme of things til not so distant past. However with Kuldeep and Chahal, he has fallen below the pecking order.

But Chawla was overlooked.

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

When there is no benchmark or guideline and everything is subjective than things will never be fair.

Things cnt be fair ever

U see 

Backing a talent with less number will always be seen as illogical  in short term

Rohit was an example who backed over guys like manoj tiwary , badrinath and many but now one will say that

With all the scrutiny regionalism etc creeps in selections, can you imagine if people are given a free ride to be pick on instinct?

Ab konsa scrunity nhin ho rhi hai

U cnt keep everyone happy ever 

Raja Harishchandra ka zamaana nahi hai aur galti se koi Harishchandra abhi gaya tho there are other people in the commitee. 

That is  why I said a fine line. You can’t expect selectors to pick on twitter and YouTube. They need some data as well and obviously nothing beats actually watching someone and analyzing all aspects. However it is impossible to do that for every single pick.

Data alone is dangerous 

Mavi etc have done nothing at any T20 level. I don’t follow the domestic T20 (not IPL) so correct me If I am wrong.

MAvi was very good For KKR specially in pressure situations

Has done well till now in this domestic season 

Bumrah was stellar in IPL and so was Bhuvi. Khaleel had a good showing in ODIs and picked on potential but again he had a good showing at an international level.

So they are in the side n m absolutely fine with them 

So who would you pick?

for t20 my choices wud be rajpoot, Mavi , prasidh as of now .....in future will add more like kulwant . M ok with chahar also ....find him better then Kaul

23 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Players need to have strong domestic performance and India A performance before making it to Indian team. Selectors shouldn't compromise on that part. We have no shortage for talented players, but first they need to earn it by performing in the domestic tournaments. 

1 minute ago, Lannister said:

Players need to have strong domestic performance and India A performance before making it to Indian team. Selectors shouldn't compromise on that part. We have no shortage for talented players, but first they need to earn it by performing in the domestic tournaments. 

Precisely.

Also speed gun <> talent and free ride to national team.

Before I am labeled a Kaul fan, I kind of want him to get destroyed by WI today :giggle:

4 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Again m ready to compromise every method for that one special case to

good if he goes through process, but if their is a special talent m ready to make him jump the line......

I dnt beileve in fixed rules, for me its about the best 11

The beauty of subcontinent cricket was always fast tracking young talents so lets not loose that, we are jst following to much the methods of Australian cricket of 2000s now.....forgetting how strong was their domestic structure 

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Precisely.

Atleast i can talk about myself, i dnt only look at speed guns....for me i look more at skill level or smething that i feel the talent is special which i dnt put in words

M really excited about gurbani, who doesnt stand a chance on speed gun

I absolutely loved Abbas guy from pakistan

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Before I am labeled a Kaul fan, I kind of want him to get destroyed by WI today :giggle:

We all do 

4 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Precisely.

Kaul has deserved his chance in T20s but not ODIs. He need to be given a full series and come to a decision whether he belongs in international cricket or not. 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Again m ready to compromise every method for that one special case to

good if he goes through process, but if their is a special talent m ready to make him jump the line......

I dnt beileve in fixed rules, for me its about the best 11

That's an outdated thinking. For all the talent Rohit Sharma has, he never fully developed into a Test batsman, so you cannot go by that alone. 

Let these young players develop their skills first by playing domestic tournaments and ace in them. 

3 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

No.

For Pacers ... 

Have atleast 3 of the qualities below 

Pace

Bounce 

Accuracy

Movement

Additionally, death bowling ability too if we are talking LOIs.

Then perform in  FC /  List A

Then perform for India A

Then get chance for Team India.

If a pacer has bounce + accuracy + movement but lacks extra pace ...  and performs ... he should get a chance.

Kaul lacks pace, bounce and extra  accuracy needed for his pace level.  How will he succeed in the medium run  ?

Edited by express bowling
33 minutes ago, Lannister said:

That's an outdated thinking. For all the talent Rohit Sharma has, he never fully developed into a Test batsman, so you cannot go by that alone. 

So thats not selectors fault, they backed the best talent

Now he was lazy thats not selector or captains fault

He did well in domestic to, but at the end depends on individual 

33 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Let these young players develop their skills first by playing domestic tournaments and ace in them. 

Our domestic cricket is still not the ideal to develop fast bowler

N the ones who are doing well like rajpoot, saini, siraj....arent getting their chance either

In domestic even unadkat n dhawal do well so does Mavi, kulwant

But when a deodhar happens u pick unadkat n dhawal............this is where the failure lies

At the end indian cricket is at loss .........queue system ka achar dalna hai