Zayn Malik does not identify as a Muslim anymore!

Nikhil_cric

Surprising as he used to consider himself a proud Muslim until recently. Apparently it has not gone down too well a section of his Muslim/Pakistani fans. There seems to be a growing trend of apostasy in the Muslim world (atleast visibly now) . Is this a part of a larger trend where there will be greater acceptance of apostates/atheists with increasing numbers? Discuss..

Well anyone who does any critical thinking on the topic of religion usually comes to the conclusion that religion is a man made concept.

I was a bit of a religious Sikh in my late teenage years and twenties but when I dived into it deeply I simply could not believe in the things that I was reading.

There is no evidence for reincarnation, all reincarnation stories I’ve read are glamorous where the subject talks about being a World War 2 pilot or some other kind of warrior. Where are the reincarnation stories about being a toilet cleaner in the previous life?

There is no evidence of previous yugs when people are said to have lived for hundreds or thousands of years and life was blissful compared to today.

Why are religious books written in poetic form or in riddles? Why not get straight to the point?

Humans have been around for at least 200,000 years. The oldest surviving religion today is Hinduism which is around 5000 years. So for 97% of human history humans did not practice any of the religions around today which leads me to the conclusion that all currently practiced religions will also die out.

The religion you follow depends on the circumstances of your birth on most occassions and what keeps you believing it is the people around you.

Zayn probably doesn’t hang out with many other Muslims and may have carried out some introspection.

14 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Well anyone who does any critical thinking on the topic of religion usually comes to the conclusion that religion is a man made concept.

I was a bit of a religious Sikh in my late teenage years and twenties but when I dived into it deeply I simply could not believe in the things that I was reading.

There is no evidence for reincarnation, all reincarnation stories I’ve read are glamorous where the subject talks about being a World War 2 pilot or some other kind of warrior. Where are the reincarnation stories about being a toilet cleaner in the previous life?

There is no evidence of previous yugs when people are said to have lived for hundreds or thousands of years and life was blissful compared to today.

Why are religious books written in poetic form or in riddles? Why not get straight to the point?

Humans have been around for at least 200,000 years. The oldest surviving religion today is Hinduism which is around 5000 years. So for 97% of human history humans did not practice any of the religions around today which leads me to the conclusion that all currently practiced religions will also die out.

The religion you follow depends on the circumstances of your birth on most occassions and what keeps you believing it is the people around you.

Zayn probably doesn’t hang out with many other Muslims and may have carried out some introspection.

An excellent post.