If you could pick one bowler to bowl the final over... ( :) )

vvvslaxman

Mcgrath has been targeted before in the death overs. I remember Kapil scoring 22 runs of  Allan Donald's last over in the 1992 world cup. Imran Khan smashed 3 sixes of Joel Garner in 50th over. Azharuddin hit 22 runs in the last over of Atah ur rahman. He was in dreadful form at that time. Kirti Azad scored 22 runs (3 sixes) of Carl Rackemann in the last 3 overs. Batsman in good touch can score big in the last over against anyone. Also it depends on the rythm of bowler.

Bumrah and Dwayne Bravo are the two

smartest bowlers for now.

Bumrah will be my first choice because of extra pace and if I have Bravo then he will be my second choice for his variations and reputation for foxinf the batsman. Sometimes you have cut the pace in the ladst overs when defending as batsman wants to use your pace and Bravo is brilliant at that.

Depends on the match situation. 

If my team is defending 50 runs of the final over, I wouldn’t even mind giving the ball to the wicketkeeper to bowl.

If it is a tighter situation, less than 10 runs required, then one of Bumrah, Malinga, Bhuvi, Narine, McGrath, Steyn, Bravo

6 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Against which batsmen  , how many runs to defend .

Interestingly the only bowler who bowled full last world cup over and managed to win his team was Craig McDermott in 1987 WC. Eng required 17  in last over with only 2 wickets remaining while Foster and Small were batting

17 in one over used to be a big ask in those days

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Mcgrath has been targeted before in the death overs. I remember Kapil scoring 22 runs of  Allan Donald's last over in the 1992 world cup. Imran Khan smashed 3 sixes of Joel Garner in 50th over. Azharuddin hit 22 runs in the last over of Atah ur rahman. He was in dreadful form at that time. Kirti Azad scored 22 runs (3 sixes) of Carl Rackemann in the last 3 overs. Batsman in good touch can score big in the last over against anyone. Also it depends on the rythm of bowler.

no batsman can hit real good yorkers until he plays scoops