Dhruv Shorey is one guy who is a threat to Pujara/Rahane in the test squad

Cricketics

I have always vouched for 3-4-5 of Indian test team to be Pujara-Kohli-Rahne, as I have felt that they are 3 of the best in the world. 

They were at a time and together now they haven’t been as consistent as we would have liked. Pujara has had his failures and so has Rahane.

One guy I really would like to see fast tracked would be Dhruv Shorey. I believe that he is knocking the doors. He had a brilliant last year in Ranji, including century in the finals and now has had impressive start to this season. 

I would recommend you all to watch his batting. Now you guys have option to watch few Ranji games easily and I would advise you to look at his style of play. The way he bats under pressure and rotates. 

We have Vihari who has done well and next I would say Shorey is surely in line and could be given a chance down the line whenever there is a room. I would keep him as a backup for the Australian tour.

When I'm looking for middle order players, I always hope that they are scoring slowly and not those who can score at 65+ strike rate. Shorey seems to be from David's school. 

Siddhesh lad can also be tried. This guy bails out Mumbai from difficult situations, knows how to play with the tail. Fits well for our number 5 slot.

1 hour ago, Vk1 said:

When I'm looking for middle order players, I always hope that they are scoring slowly and not those who can score at 65+ strike rate. Shorey seems to be from David's school. 

Siddhesh lad can also be tried. This guy bails out Mumbai from difficult situations, knows how to play with the tail. Fits well for our number 5 slot.

Lad struggles against pace and bounce

2 hours ago, Vk1 said:

Shorey seems to have modeled his game a bit like Kohli and bit of Laxman. He tries to play some expansive shots every now and then while reminding himself to play ground shots al the time and rotate like Kohli. 

Playing in A tours will help him and playing overseas will be better for him.

12 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Shorey seems to have modeled his game a bit like Kohli and bit of Laxman. He tries to play some expansive shots every now and then while reminding himself to play ground shots al the time and rotate like Kohli. 

Playing in A tours will help him and playing overseas will be better for him.

What has he done to jump ahead in queue  of Karun Nair, Hanuma Vihari,Anmol Preet singh and Mayank Agarwal?

13 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

What has he done to jump ahead in queue  of Karun Nair, Hanuma Vihari,Anmol Preet singh and Mayank Agarwal?

Apart from scoring in Ranji last year, he scored for Board President X1 when Sout Africa toured, and also batted well recently in the Duleep Trophy. He is batting consistently and I would put him in the queue. 

I am not saying he will play ahead of Vihari. I rather have someone like him in the squad than Rohit so he can be actually played in the middle order.

Regarding Aggarwal, yes, we should have given him a chance before like we did to Shaw.

Aggarwal will likely be picked as opener or he won’t be picked that easily, so until Vijay has full bad tour to Aus, Aggarwal won’t get in that easily. I wish it was otherwise. I only see Rahane or Pujara getting dropped if we any of these two have a bad series in Aus. 

I rather keep Vihari in the team as he did well in the only chance he got. Don’t know why Rohit again.