India A Tour of NZ

Mosher

why the hell is khaleel playing ahead of Siraj and even when shardul is not in the queue, Siraj should be picked in ODI and tests.

i am sure Siraj is only next to Bumrah today for tests and hence should be a part of test 11. 

i know Siraj will finally break all the doors and PLAY in tests and odi for sure for INDIA.

I am not Sure about SAINI whether he will be a part of INDIA squad permanently.

I have a feeling that Varun aroon and Avesh khan will come soon into INDIA team.

if Saran or khejroliya performs they also have a chance as left hander khaleel is not going to stay long.

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Hazelwood had one fifer in first class cricket after 30 games when made his debut in test cricket. 

If saini can emulate josh/morkel, then nothing like it. But it appears to me he may be another talented pacer like sreesanth, ishant, zaheer, shami, nehra, munaf,etc. who all had their good times(long or short) but never considered A+ quality.

Thry dont excite me. Will we never have our own akram, younis, shoaib, bond, steyn? A sub 25 averaging pacer atleast.

On 11/27/2018 at 4:07 AM, SUMO said:

If saini can emulate josh/morkel, then nothing like it. But it appears to me he may be another talented pacer like sreesanth, ishant, zaheer, shami, nehra, munaf,etc. who all had their good times(long or short) but never considered A+ quality.

Agree.  

On 11/27/2018 at 4:07 AM, SUMO said:

Thry dont excite me. Will we never have our own akram, younis, shoaib, bond, steyn? A sub 25 averaging pacer atleast.

Can't wait for a low average pacer with 100+ wickets.

Bumrah has the potential if he can stay fit. 

Because he is a thinking bowler who combines pace and bounce with accuracy.  And has low averages and strike rates in every format and level he has played in.

Siraj's tremendous wicket taking ability at lively pace, needs to be harnessed too.  He too has low averages and strike rates almost everywhere.

On 11/26/2018 at 1:07 PM, ShoonyaSifar said:

Pankaj hardly ever bowled 135 kmph in domestic cricket. Saini OTOH has bowled 140+ spells and bowls with control . He's rightly rated high. May or may not turn out to be a international class pacer but so far he's on the right track.

Another thing with Pankaj was he was given a chance 2-3 years too late. He was at his peak around 2011-2012 but got to play for India in 2014 when he was 29. I hope we do not repeat the same mistake with Siraj.

r u talking about Siraj or Saini?

On 11/28/2018 at 3:09 AM, express bowling said:

Agree.  

Can't wait for a low average pacer with 100+ wickets.

Bumrah has the potential if he can stay fit. 

Because he is a thinking bowler who combines pace and bounce with accuracy.  And has low averages and strike rates in every format and level he has played in.

Siraj's tremendous wicket taking ability at lively pace, needs to be harnessed too.  He too has low averages and strike rates almost everywhere.

they always keep selecting siraj for the wrong format. as for ind pacers with 100+ wkts and avg below 28, I don't think there have been any in our history. seems like a pipe dream for now. I don't think even bumrah will fulfill it.

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Fast track Gill. He is too special not to be in the squad already. 

He needs to make some daddy hundreds...

He is making too many 50's and 60's for my liking and not converting them to centuries...

That kind of talks about his lack of mental strength or lack of some minor technical glitches which needs to ironed out

Just now, gakgupta said:

He needs to make some daddy hundreds...

He is making too many 50's and 60's for my liking and not converting them to centuries...

That kind of talks about his lack of mental strength or lack of some minor technical glitches which needs to ironed out 

I feel that he is better suited for ODIs and T20s for the time being. it should be noted though that he hasn't played many FCs yet - conversion rate will probably improve later. I remember even kohli had issues with conversion when he was gill's age (19).