I feel bad to be not part of the one-day team, says Ishant Sharma

Switchblade

https://www.crictracker.com/i-feel-bad-to-be-not-part-of-the-one-day-team-says-ishant-sharma/

“It hurts to be ignored for limited-overs cricket. I feel bad to be not part of the one-day team. I want to play all three formats. But I can’t control. If I get frustrated and keep thinking that I am just a Test player, then it would affect my Test cricket,” Ishant told The Times of India.

“I am 30 right now. I don’t know if I will be on the next tour as I will be 34 then. I’ll give whatever I have in me. Anyway, I always go for a kill as you don’t get a second chance playing for your country,” he added.

He is the most experienced pacer in this Indian attack and has taken up the responsibility to not just set his own fields but also helps the other bowlers suggesting the lines and lengths they should be bowling.

“I share my experience. I can set the field and tell other bowlers about the lengths to bowl. I try to ensure that once they become seniors, they can be good seniors. I can tell you that I am mature. I can set my fields and bowl according to the situations. As you grow old, the body has a lot of wear and tear. It’s all about your mental state,” he said.

Ishant will be in action when Team India takes on Australia in the first Test of the four-match series on December 16 in Adelaide.

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

was for sure better than someone like Umesh and BK.  stats dont lie

How was he better at par perhaps he was getting smashed in 2013 at home on those flat decks where 350 was chased or after that he was taken for plenty by Kiwis during that away tour then even in 2016 Australia so on what basis should he be selected?

32 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

The nail in the coffin for Ishant was laid by Faulkner when he smashed him for 30 in an over. Although not a terrible ODI bowler, that sealed the deal for him.

ACtually his test career was ruined by ODIs and T20s. I remember in this forum or some other place that before 2007 first edition IPL that his line is going to get screwed up. Then he became "short and wide" sharma. He was predominantly an inswing bowler. Over a period he went far away.

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

was for sure better than someone like Umesh and BK.  stats dont lie

We disagreed then & disagree now :p:

He bowled the usual short balls which would get caught at times to boost his SR and there were also those instances when he had absolutely no answer to someone getting a grip of his monotonous length. 

Even Balaji used to produce the same short stuff and get some caught on the ropes here & there, doesn't mean he was any good.