Bhuvneshwar Kumar shouldn’t be in the playing XI for the first Test: Ashish Nehra

Switchblade

https://www.crictracker.com/bhuvneshwar-kumar-shouldnt-be-in-the-playing-xi-for-the-first-test-ashish-nehra/

“I don’t see Bhuvi starting in the first Test at least. He can struggle a bit with the old Kookaburra as it will not swing or seam like the Dukes or the SG Test.” Nehra was quoted as saying on CricketNext. He also emphasized on Umesh’s fitness level and his skill set makes him an asset in the Australian conditions.

“I still believe that Umesh is not a finished product after eight years but he is someone who has incredible skill sets. He is a strong lad and the fittest among the pacers bowlers in India. A testimony is his performances in Indian conditions where he can reverse the 65-70 overs old ball at a good speed. You need both skill and speed for that. He should feature sometime,” he added.

Nehra all praises for Indian fast bowlers

Ashish Nehra was also impressed with Mohammed Shami and his overall show in England and expects him to replicate that. “What I liked was Shami bowling with fire in the second innings of the fifth Test at the Oval. Now that takes a lot of doing. I hope he can keep it up in Australia if he starts from the first Test.

The former left-arm seamer also stated that Ishant Sharma’s fitness will be pivotal to India’s chances down under given his experience. “If you look at Ishant Sharma, the 87 tests that he has played is a testimony to his fitness. Often people will look at the wickets column, however, bowling 35-40 overs for more than a decade requires special skills.”

Nehra also stated that Bumrah can be the X-factor as the Australian batsmen would find him extremely difficult to deal with. “Jasprit Bumrah is a much more skilful red-ball bowler than he perceived to be. His yorkers will come in very handy with the old kookaburra. Any batsman, who has not played Bumrah before can find it difficult to deal with the awkward angle his delivery creates,” he stated.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Spot on. You need strong bowlers to make something happen with Kookaburra. Umesh must start. Ishant is another guy. Even SHami's effectiveness is doubtful.

Umesh is inconsistent, he may have a good test if in the zone else will spray and release pressure from his end. I will start with Bumrah, Ishant and Shami. Ideally someone like Siraj should also have been there.

1 minute ago, Forever Indian said:

Umesh is inconsistent, he may have a good test if in the zone else will spray and release pressure from his end. I will start with Bumrah, Ishant and Shami. Ideally someone like Siraj should also have been there.

would have liked someone like Saini or Rajpoot with Bumrah and Ishant. Shami is same as Umesh, will spray around.

Bhuvi should play as the 4th pacer'cum bowling-allrounder in tests in Australia.  

We need 5 bowling options and someone who can bat somewhat at No.8.

Bhuvi can't be a top 3 pacer in Australia, unless there is a greentop.

My lower order in tests in Australia.

6. Pant

7. Jadeja

8. Bhuvi

9. Ishant

10. Shami

11. Bumrah

19 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

People said Bumrah is not suitable for England..we know what happened..

an accurate bowler who can bowl at pace can do well anywhere.  Even Mcgrath did not suite English conditions as he never swung the ball but he is one of the most successful bowler in those conditions.  While Syeyn who is supposed to be successful in swinging conditions of England has not done as well as expected. 

BK is struggling to last 10 overs in ODIs, how is he supposed to bowl 20 overs a day in tests.

Edited by rkt.india
5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

an accurate bowler who can bowl at pace can do well anywhere.  Even Mcgrath did not suite English conditions as he never swung the ball but he is one of the most successful bowler in those conditions.  While Syeyn who is supposed to be successful in swinging conditions of England has not done as well as expected. 

BK is struggling to last 10 overs in ODIs, how is he supposed to bowl 20 overs a day in tests.

If it's a struggle about fitness..why should he play T20s..might as well rest and play the tests..then again can't expect this from the management..nor the honesty from the players.