Bhuvneshwar Kumar shouldn’t be in the playing XI for the first Test: Ashish Nehra

Switchblade

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bhuvi should play as the 4th pacer'cum bowling-allrounder in tests in Australia.  

We need 5 bowling options and someone who can bat somewhat at No.8.

Bhuvi can't be a top 3 pacer in Australia, unless there is a greentop.

My lower order in tests in Australia.

6. Pant

7. Jadeja

8. Bhuvi

9. Ishant

10. Shami

11. Bumrah

As much as i want 5th bowler, i dnt want bhuvi to play that role 

he puts a price on his wkts still he cnt score like a batsman . In Aus u need 450-500 runs 

Its better we go with vihari n make him bowl those overs

Apart from kohli whole batting lineup is inconsistent and bhuvi wnt be the answer ......Ashwin batting has gone down to and i never trust jadeja against pace specially on those pitches 

Rahul is struggling

Pujara has question marks over him

rahane is struggling

Shaw n pant are very new

To be honest this batting needs cushion, specially considering their attack is so good

so does bowling but still its better to get that job out of vihari coz their batting isnt that gr8

He's right tbh ,there's hardly much swing on offer with the kookaboora ball in Australian conditions unless it's played under lights or there's some breeze across the ground .

Bhuvi would not be as useful here as he would in any other sena country but o would not mind him as the fourth pacer behind ishant shami and bumrah because he can add his batting value to the lower order. 

A tail comprising of umesh ,shami,bumrah,ishant is just pathetic for an international side .

I'd actually play no spinner and go with 4 pacers due to pandya's unavailability,if kohli wants to go with a spinner ,pick kuly as I think the Australian batsmen would struggle to pick him,ashwin would be plain useless 

17 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Strong but not inconsistent bowlers.  Umesh was there on last tour and his ER was close to 5.

That was due the Sydney test .he conceded 180 odd and picked just 1 wkt going at 6 rpo iirc .barring that test he was the only bowler who looked like picking wkts from our side and picked 10 wkts in the first 2 test .

Even in the 2011 tour to Aus ,he was the highest wkt taker and it was the Sydney test that ruined his figures ,there too he conceded 100+ without picking any wkts.

Yadav should be banned from Sydney lol ,his stats would have been great in Australia if not for the 2 Sydney tests

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bhuvi should play as the 4th pacer'cum bowling-allrounder in tests in Australia.  

We need 5 bowling options and someone who can bat somewhat at No.8.

Bhuvi can't be a top 3 pacer in Australia, unless there is a greentop.

My lower order in tests in Australia.

6. Pant

7. Jadeja

8. Bhuvi

9. Ishant

10. Shami

11. Bumrah

Ideally yes but that's still a horrible tail .

This time around we need to go with 6 proper batsmen I believe and 4 out and out pacers ,is vihari in the squad?He can bowl out some overs in between and play at 6 

Damien Fleming was all praise for Bhuvneshwar Kumar, whom he compared to England great James Anderson.

“I love watching Bhuvi Kumar because, probably with James Anderson, they are the best swing bowlers in the world. He actually has the skills where he can bowl outswingers and inswingers to right and left-handed batsmen. “When he (Bhuvi) first started, he lacked a yard or two in Test cricket, but he has increased his pace a little bit in the past two years,” Fleming said.

2 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Damien Fleming was all praise for Bhuvneshwar Kumar, whom he compared to England great James Anderson.

“I love watching Bhuvi Kumar because, probably with James Anderson, they are the best swing bowlers in the world. He actually has the skills where he can bowl outswingers and inswingers to right and left-handed batsmen. “When he (Bhuvi) first started, he lacked a yard or two in Test cricket, but he has increased his pace a little bit in the past two years,” Fleming said.

Anderson averages 35.4  in Australia 

So ....