ICF Chess Championship

FischerTal

On 11/26/2018 at 1:23 PM, Mariyam said:

Just the mere mention of me taking part and you've run away form the battlefield.

:cool: 

My fame precedes me.

i injured my pinky toe ( dropped half filled beer mug ) , otherwise i might have participated in our patented game ..

my genetics alone is more than enough to clear 99% of the rest of the injians in chess ( or any other mind games ) :bandit: 

8 of the top #20 Indian players share my genetics :csk: 

and another 4 are from :hs:

3 from :kt:

https://ratings.fide.com/topfed.phtml?ina=1&country=IND

We will be following a Round Robin type tournament where each player plays every single player atleast once during course of 7 rounds. A table will keep track of the rankings. After 7 rounds, whoever is #1 is automatically in finals. #2 is automatically in semifinals, while #3 and #4 will go up against each other in quarterfinals. the remaining players will be eliminated. I have decided its best to have time controls of 10 minutes with no added seconds. 

here are the matchups. 

https://challonge.com/twmnseo5

See who you are playing for 1st round, contact that person via ICF to setup a game time that works for you both. 

For this tournament, we will be using https://lichess.org  to play our matches... its very simple to use. one of you will go to the website, click Play with a friend, then set the time control and make sure not to pick black or white. there is a random option where server will randomly pick whether you have black or white. after game is created, send URL to the other player so they can join. after your match is over, post result here so I can update the brackets. 

Edited by FischerTal

@FischerTal Big kudos to you for taking the effort to set this up.

@I6MTW I've replied to your message. 

In the interest of general public interest, lets post the link to each of the games played over here.

@FischerTal

@I6MTW

@Singh bling

@jusarrived

@Straight Drive

@sourab10forever

@vayuu1

I'm up for a game at 11pm IST, ie in the next 2 hours.

Edited by Mariyam

14 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Would like to know if the time limit needs to be set by whoever sets up the game.

i think its better to stick to the 10 minute rule, but if time is a constraint for you, ask whoever you are playing against if they are willing to play under some other time limit. if both agree, just play under those time limits. 

7 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Well played Mariyam .  

I think the format is such that if both players end up with same pieces, the player who consumes 10 minutes first loses the match.  Is this understanding correct ?

Anyone else for a game tomorrow ?

i can play whenever.... just give me a time you will be ready.