Despite all DK bashing the guy delivers in crunch time

1 minute ago, Laaloo said:

Lol yeah sure let's go with that. Let's go with a player with a pathetic strike rate just because he averages good. Are you supporting raydud as well because of you know who?

:facepalm: Kya din aa Gaye hai

So who do you want in place of Rayudu?

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Finally tu maan gayi that he should be part of the 50 over squad too.Honestly, in 50 overs, its hard to trust our batting line uo whichnchasing bigger totals and also scoring quick, so he fits in really well. 

My only concern is that they leave Pant out if that happpens and that is what zi would hate to see happen.

Karthik is best when he is not allowed to think. Not sure ODI is good for him.

DK has been great iin t20s since the one off t20 in WI. He was very good in Nidhas series (not only final but the entire series),ipl and even in the WI t20 series. He is the experienced finisher we needed in the t20 setup. He should always be in the starting lineup in t20s.

But ODIs are different. Longer time to think, Confusion on his role, Dhoni factor, better available players might play a role in his downfall there. So he should be in odis only if dhoni is not available and shd play at 6 or 7. Otherwise no

12 minutes ago, Sonix768 said:

DK has been great iin t20s since the one off t20 in WI. He was very good in Nidhas series (not only final but the entire series),ipl and even in the WI t20 series. He is the experienced finisher we needed in the t20 setup. He should always be in the starting lineup in t20s.

But ODIs are different. Longer time to think, Confusion on his role, Dhoni factor, better available players might play a role in his downfall there. So he should be in odis only if dhoni is not available and shd play at 6 or 7. Otherwise no

It's the dhoni factor. Because of Dhoni, DK needs to come in earlier and dhoni failures causes more circumspection on DK role. Take out dhoni and look at DK as pure wicket keeper bat, he will be the best currently in the world. He has got all the shots and dhoni is indirectly killing his career . Because of Dhoni we have a screwed up team balance and we are evaluating Karthik as a pure bat. Not fair on Karthik.

Make pant to bat along with dhoni and I can assure you pant will be a resounding failure .

We need Karthik to score quick 30s and 40s as number 5 or 6 or play longer innings when required. For that you need to have team backing and no fear of losing place . Anybody else in kathiks position currently would have folded , It's great that Karthik is surviving respectably. See KL and you know how bad it is . KL has got 3 times the chances DK got..

We tend to underestimate the pressure that comes in  fighting for a place  and every match being a knock out from a career perspective . And add to that you  are considered old and replaceable based on age >30. Sadly ICF is so biased against people over 30s and purely driven by IPL big hits where boundaries are 60 yards.

You need players who have been groomed in domestic and having varied experience an capable of lifting their Game when required. Currently DK fits that bill and needs to be persisted .

Edited by prasen82
54 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Finally tu maan gayi that he should be part of the 50 over squad too.Honestly, in 50 overs, its hard to trust our batting line uo whichnchasing bigger totals and also scoring quick, so he fits in really well. 

My only concern is that they leave Pant out if that happpens and that is what zi would hate to see happen.

So in spite of your head rooting for DK in the ODI team, the heart doesn't want the Delhi boi to lose that spot eh? :p:

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

So in spite of your head rooting for DK in the ODI team, the heart doesn't want the Delhi boi to lose that spot eh? :p:

Lol na, in the end whoever is better should play. I want Pant to get his chances now but if by WC he is not scoring, then he should be dropped. Team first and then player. World cup is not a place to groom a youngster. So Pant has to show that he can play here in Aus and in the whatever is left before wc. 

Karthik must be part of the squad because we do not have too many reliable players in the linenup. So may be don’t play him at the start but keep him as backup to regular bats like Rahul etc.

50 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Karthik is best when he is not allowed to think. Not sure ODI is good for him.

+1. T20 suits his temperament well. Also, he is not a spring chicken and keeping for 50 overs plus batting might be too tiring for him. Even Nehraji rocked in T20 in the tail end of his career as he could go all out due to the shorter duration.

Just now, Cricketics said:

Lol na, in the end whoever is better should play. I want Pant to get his chsnces now but if by WC he is not scoring, then he should be dropped. Team first and then player. World cup is not a place to groom a youngster. So oant has to shwo that he can play.

Karthik must be part of the squad because we do not have too many reliable players in the linenup. So may be don’t play him at the start but keep him as backups to regular bats like Rahul etc.

I don't disagree with you in principle, but I think at this point in time, Pant is not showing signs of hitting his stride running.  He should have been in the T20 and ODI lineups for a year already.  At this point, its better to give the likes of DK and Rayudu maximum game time to settle into their roles and build confidence.   Unfair to ask DK to ride the bench 70-80% of the time and then ask him to come in straight for the WC and deliver.  

8 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I don't disagree with you in principle, but I think at this point in time, Pant is not showing signs of hitting his stride running.  He should have been in the T20 and ODI lineups for a year already.  At this point, its better to give the likes of DK and Rayudu maximum game time to settle into their roles and build confidence.   Unfair to ask DK to ride the bench 70-80% of the time and then ask him to come in straight for the WC and deliver.  

Yeah and here is the thing. I am not too sure about Rayudu. I agree that its too late and that Rayudu has done well but we still have room to take one punt and that punt could be Pant.

I would honestly like to see Rayudu out and may be Karthik making way back in(my personal choice) but if Rayudu scores in Australia in the 3 match series, then I would keep him, simple as that. You never know may be both of them might get oicked in the squad and Rahul is dropped if both Rahul and Pant fail in the upcoming games.  Plenty can happen in the next few months.

I realy hope though that Karthik somehow makes it to the wc squd, as we might need him eventually, if not now. 

13 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Yeah and here is the thing. I am not too sure about Rayudu. I agree that its too late and that Rayudu has done well but we still have room to take one punt and that punt could be Pant.

I would honestly like to see Rayudu out and may be Karthik making way back in(my personal choice) but if Rayudu scores in Australia in the 3 match series, then I would keep him, simple as that. You never know may be both of them might get oicked in the squad and Rahul is dropped if both Rahul and Pant fail in the upcoming games.  Plenty can happen in the next few months.

I realy hope though that Karthik somehow makes it to the wc squd, as we might need him eventually, if not now. 

I'm not 100% sold on Rayudu either, but the guy "feels" right for #4. Especially given our stability issues in the middle order.  DK to be honest, is probably more suited to #6 and just bashing it around.  He's demonstrated the tendency to overthink and **ck it up almost every game he has ample time in ODIs.  

I personally felt that Jadhav should be our #4 - the guy is a gap hitter and well suited to taking advantage of the 4 outfielders in the middle overs.  If we do that, I could see a possible case for Pant.  The problem for Pant is that if DK is in the XI, then he needs to make into the team on his batting - and not as a massive gamble.  I'd rather take that gamble on a batsman who can give me the option of bowling a few overs at that point.  A Deepak Hooda/Krunal, even a Washington Sundar.  And Pant really hasn't hit his stride yet.  I'm not writing him off.  But you put your best and strongest XI for the WC, not use it to "develop" a long-term prospect.  

Edited by sandeep
1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Play him in WC in place of dhoni with Pant as reserve....but Pant should be t 20 and test keeper.

Dk should play as a pure lower order batsman in t 20s.

He is doing really well at 6 .

Edited by beetle